New High Drop For Me

PaRtZ

Booning seems to be the new-skool term for backhopping when I first started riding :D

i think is backhopping, but with no pedal kick. Just using your weight ;) It's pretty difficult (I find) but then I have seen rossi and cultivated matt do decent gaps uisng this technique ^_^

EDIT: I should read the rest of the topic before posting :(

Edited by leedstrials

...but its backhopping forwards? :(  :)

matt mate its a scuff, you know how i shift fowards towards the edge of a drop on the back wheel moving fowards but without pedalling...

i usually drop off stuff without pedalling by getting over the edge on the back wheel and then letting the front drop and let go of the bake brake...

Does anyone drop without kicking of the edge??

1. If you dont kick then there is no speed to start off so you should drop slower and land smoother.

You fall at the same speed no matter how fast you are moving forwards. I get your point, but you know, it's late, I can pick.

Me and a few mates have tried "booning" just for a laugh because it's hard and none of us can do it. I never realised it had a practical use. Can anyone explain why you'd want to?

Does anyone drop without kicking of the edge??

I've been thinking about this for ages and ive come up with two arguments:

1. If you dont kick then there is no speed to start off so you should drop slower and land smoother.

2. If you dont kick you may risk not getting the back wheel from beneath you and landing pretty much two wheels and doing some damage.

i dont use a pedal stroke!

Just make sure i am right on the edge of the drop and as i lower my front wheel and weight just release the brake and weh hey im off down wards :)

I just bested my previous biggest drop by two and a half feet the other day. It was wild. Took me a couple tries to land it. Sketchy too, off some playground equipment that wasn't too sturdy. Feeling good about that.

Nice 1 but you do what i used to do go right fast and get it over and done with (Y) but if you slow down and take your time it goes a lot smoother and you won't damage your bike as well.

Carl (Y)

Yeah it seemed very rushed, try and get near the edge then boon right up to it.

Lower your front as much as possible as this reduces the drop.

Somehow my mate does 9 foot drops smooth as you like without batting an eye lid. I get scared at anything bigger than 7.

I must be honest, dropping just seems pointless, once you have done 5-6foot smooth you can drop anything, just the bigger it gets the more you break things, including bones. ^_^