Best Email Account

nohpee°

hey

i want to set up a new email account. all my previous ones were used as validation for forums etc and are full of crap, i want to start a new one and make it completly organised, also i will be sending it out to magazines and stuff so i want it to be long term.

anyone suggest a good free one? whats the deal with outlook express/entourage?

Must say I like the way Gmail works.... it stores emails in 'conversations', rather than single emails, so you can follow a series of emails really easily. Loads of storage space, can add large attachments...

I'm sure someone will moan about it spying on you or something though... but to be honest, Its not really a concern... I'm hardly sending top secret MI5 evidence across the UK (Y)

Edit: Ok, buy yourself a domain name then.

Must say I like the way Gmail works.... it stores emails in 'conversations', rather than single emails, so you can follow a series of emails really easily. Loads of storage space, can add large attachments...

10 Mb isn't that big really...

Just buy yourself a .com

They're only $8 a year (like £5).

Unlimted email addresses, Unlimited Storage, Unlimted attachments etc

You can set them up so anything@yourdomain.com will just bounce it's self to you, so for forums and stuff you have infinate variables without even re-registering anything....

Just buy yourself a .com

They're only $8 a year (like £5).

Unlimted email addresses, Unlimited Storage, Unlimted attachments etc

You can set them up so anything@yourdomain.com will just bounce it's self to you, so for forums and stuff you have infinate variables without even re-registering anything....

Does this work with .co.uk domains aswell becuase i've had my .co.uk for over a year now but haven't heard anything about getting and email account with it. (Y) I thought you got email accounts with the actual hosting :wub:.

Thanks, Max.

Does this work with .co.uk domains aswell becuase i've had my .co.uk for over a year now but haven't heard anything about getting and email account with it. :lol: I thought you got email accounts with the actual hosting  :(.

Thanks, Max.

Indeed it does although it depends on what company you registered it with. Most companies provide some basic e-mail forwarding.

I use 3 different adresses,

one Hotmail for junk mail and to use when signing up on less serious websites,

another one for mails to friends and companies,

and the school one for massive attachments(300 something mb's ),

"companies" is usually internet shops or sponsors...