School......

Liss

I am light. Again, can you please tell me why I dont have a sense of humour as I dont know why you imply I dont have one. You havent said anything funny, youve just made a whole thread about having to wear a blazer and blown it up as though its the end of the world. It isnt. Its a blazer.

Look, to be honest if you think the school is shit. Leave. Then see how shit you think it is?

Here's a tip, you dont have to buy blazers and school stuff directly from school, go to John Lewis and ask the school for a sew on badge and stuff.

They aren't going to expel you for not wearing a blazer. Do you even comprehend how time consuming and costly it is to the school to expel someone?

But that's not the point, it's school, if you don't like it, then leave.

f**k it, I'm gonna shut up now....going to bed....

I think that shows your attitude quite well. Have a nice nap kiddywink. Mummy will make it all better and tell bad new miss headteacher that shes making you unhappy.

On a serious note, no shit theyre sucking the individuality out - its a school with a set uniform. Its designed to make it so that it removes stereotypes and divides due to the way people dress, clothes people can afford. If people dressed like chavs, or goths, there would be a divide. Much less divide when everyone wears the same. I dont see how you can be less individual now youve got a blazer though - before you had it, you still had to wear a set uniform, same as everyone else.

We got a new headteacher recenlty, he watched a fight and just walked away, a Year 7 told him to f**k off, he walked away. Blazers are nothing, don't complain about something shitty like that. Are school's 80 miles up shit creek, we waded that far and we've just had our legs ate by crocodiles, ain't no going back.

HAHA we had to wear them in year 7, 8 then in year 9 we had to but we never did, then now years 10 and 11 dont have to (year 11 have left) and year 7 8 9 have to!! haha

We just laugh at them! lol, since my gf is in year 9, she has to hahahahahahaha

But our school is probably the best in Carlisle, they dont have little chavvy bastids in it, and we have a "councel" so if someone doesnt like something, they can go to the school councel and say so and they might get it changed!

Edited by terror-error

right let me get this straight! you have just come on to a TRIALS forum to create an entire topic about you having to wear a freaking blazer!!! come on love this does not deserve its own thread, you could of easily put it in the angry thread, or even used your own idea and put it in the section for things that dont deserve there own topic. I cant wait until you come into the real working world! you will have to wear a set uniform that you cannot change, what if a new boss comes in and tells you that you cant wear your favorite jumper to work you have to wear a suit! are you gonna have a piss and moan about it on here in a few years time?

THINGS CHANGE, GET OVER IT!!!!!!

rant over

Ben

hahaha our school's getting/might have blazers in the uniform, but we can choose to wear them...

but our school's such a ghetto it will look well funny (Y)

chavs...chavs...and more chavs!! great fun... :blink:

i see your point fully , but at the end of the day most schools in england suck now anyways , so grit your teeth and bear it ,only a few more years

start complaining when you pay money to go to a school that force you to eat sandwiches with a knife and fork (Y)

:sick: man does that mean you dont eat your sandwhiches with a knife and fork anyway lol :blink:

I've worn a blazer for the last thirteen years, trust me you'll get used to it!

Difference is my last one cost £110, now that is just downright silly.

Blazers are cool though, get the emo look properly going... :blink:"

Will never have to wear mine again after next monday, so that makes me happy. (Y)

Its been discussed, and you will get expelled for breaking school rules. Which then gives you a bad rep to go to other schools. So it isn't quiet as simple!

Kerrie.

Doesnt work like that, other schools wont look down on the fact you got expeld(SP?) becuase you dent wear a blazer.

I refused to put mine on in the summer and got sent home for 2days

f**king bonus!.

Daft f**kers.

Theres talk of them being introduced at our school, I'm not wearing one, mainly because we don't have to (Sixth-form)

I would be pissed off I did, so everyone before you go nah silly girl, remember you were however old once...

There tightening up on yr12/13/14 so I'm gonna have to go on a mass polo shirt buying mission, 'cos I keen getting bollocked for wearing T-shirts... (Y)"

I am light.

How do you stay still long enough to piss people off then? (Y)

It seems to me that you want to miss the point.

The point here is, let me make this very clear,: that Liss and Kerrie's school is in a state, there is no discipline, the people in charge are not dealing with this properly and therefore people are missing out on their education.

They are enforcing petty rules and not focusing on the big issue. Sounds a bit like the school's taken a leaf out of the government's book.

If this was happening to me I would also be angry, one of the main reasons I chose my school was because of it's liberal forward thinking attitude. Unlike most other schools they seem to accept that we're human, and even accept this in the lower years despite vast amounts of evidence to the contrary. :)

However last year when we got new vice principal she pissed a lot of people off.

Then she tried to introduce uniform. That was stopped pretty fast. :P"

In short Kerrie and Liss don't like the uniform, yes. But it seems to be the straw that broke the camel's back. (Even though it did have huge shoulder protecting pads on :P )

How do you stay still long enough to piss people off then? (Y)

The point here is, let me make this very clear,: that Liss and Kerrie's school is in a state, there is no discipline, the people in charge are not dealing with this properly and therefore people are missing out on their education.

Ok. In case you missed the point that I made at the beginning of this post, uniform is a way of enforcing discipline. Say youve got some real louts at school. You make them wear uniform. If they wont, then you can get their parents properly involved as the kids arent even diligent enough to wear a simple piece of clothing. Then the headteacher can sit down with the parents and discuss how this is standard behaviour from these louts.

Also, im guessing some of the kids that lack disciple are likely to be of a chavvy persuasion (I hate to use the Chav word but everyone knows what I mean by it). By enforcing a strict uniform rule it gives them little room with which to be individual. This is, yes, a good thing, as it seperates their school life from their social life. If they want to be arseholes outside of school, whatever, but in school if they can be more amiable then this can only be a good thing.

You might really hate the headteacher or something for making you wear a petty uniform, but she probably IS trying to bring the school forward. It also lets her make her mark to people outside the school with the uniform. New leader. New ideas. Things will get better. Not straight away though, honestly, how do you think she is meant to fix social and cultural problems with a click of the fingers?

Thanks for your time. Im not trying to be arsey but the only way this thread could go is a discussion as without it, its pretty shit and not worthy of being a thread in itself.

Ok. In case you missed the point that I made at the beginning of this post, uniform is a way of enforcing discipline.  Say youve got some real louts at school.  You make them wear uniform.  If they wont, then you can get their parents properly involved as the kids arent even diligent enough to wear a simple piece of clothing.  Then the headteacher can sit down with the parents and discuss how this is standard behaviour from these louts. 

Also, im guessing some of the kids that lack disciple are likely to be of a chavvy persuasion (I hate to use the Chav word but everyone knows what I mean by it).  By enforcing a strict uniform rule it gives them little room with which to be individual.  This is, yes, a good thing, as it seperates their school life from their social life.  If they want to be arseholes outside of school, whatever, but in school if they can be more amiable then this can only be a good thing.

You might really hate the headteacher or something for making you wear a petty uniform, but she probably IS trying to bring the school forward.  It also lets her make her mark to people outside the school with the uniform.  New leader. New ideas. Things will get better. Not straight away though, honestly, how do you think she is meant to fix social and cultural problems with a click of the fingers?

Thanks for your time.  Im not trying to be arsey but the only way this thread could go is a discussion as without it, its pretty shit and not worthy of being a thread in itself.

By jove, another member of T-F who thinks like me. :P

The thing is, there are many better ways of enforcing discipline than removing everyones personal freedom.

Also most of these louts in my school have "loutish" parents so it wouldn't make a difference, they would just raise hell and not do anything about the behaviour. (Not blaming the parents, this is an unfortunate fact (Y) )

You seem to be of the camp that believe that "chavs" define themselves by their clothes, I define them by their behaviour. These little shits run around wreaking havoc, they'd do the same if you had them in pink fluffy jump suits. The only way to make these people more amiable is to befriend them and correct their thinking.

Also these kids seem to regard school as an extension of their social life, slightly marred by the presence of teachers, but social life none the less.

This "new leader" as you refer to her has already made her mark, by being extremely discriminating. All this teacher has done is make things worse, every single department in the school hates her, not just pupils but teachers too. She is that bad.

Interesting debate this. Continue it on msn shall we? I'll PM you me addy.

How do you stay still long enough to piss people off then? :P

They are enforcing petty rules and not focusing on the big issue. Sounds a bit like the school's taken a leaf out of the government's book.

If this was happening to me I would also be angry, one of the main reasons I chose my school was because of it's liberal forward thinking attitude. Unlike most other schools they seem to accept that we're human, and even accept this in the lower years despite vast amounts of evidence to the contrary. :P

However last year when we got  new vice principal she pissed a lot of people off.

Then she tried to introduce uniform. That was stopped pretty fast. :)"

In short Kerrie and Liss don't like the uniform, yes. But it seems to be the straw that broke the camel's back. (Even though it did have huge shoulder protecting pads on :P )

Thank you! Someone who understands!

And everyone, I'm sorry. I was a complete arse yesterday, especially to Biketrialler, and dude, I'm really really sorry. :"> I was being a complete childish twat, but I had the most shite day ever, and just was pissed off.

And div, yeah, shoulder pads!! They scare me.... (Y)

Sorry again, a very embarrassed and ashamed Liss xxx

MUHAHAHAHAHA I sit here laughing at all schools and all students in the world who have to wear school uniforms (Y)

I dont have to, 99.99% of all schools in Sweden do not have a school uniform.

And it works fine without.

F''ck all discipline arguements, discipline is not in your clothes, its in your attitude.

If the teacher demands everyone to sit quiet and work, and the students do so thats bloody discipline. No matter what clothes....

Bullying, well at least you cant say something about someones clothes since you wear the same sh!t...

but people arent really disturbed by clothes, they're disturbed by peoples attitudes and how they behave.

Of course I associate different clothing styles with different personalities, but as long as you aren't stupid enough to completely judge someone by their clothes you wont do them any harm, would you?

What do you think? since this has turned into a yes/no to uniform thread anyway keep discussing....