"guess Who™"

Munki

Okay Monkey, I'll get hold of a copy of it....cheers for that :rolleyes:

Why is it that when I suggest some authors to look into it's met with people moaning about me restricting tastes but if monkey says to read something you're all tongue in arse.

Tools.

Why is it that when I suggest some authors to look into it's met with people moaning about me restricting tastes but if monkey says to read something you're all tongue in arse.

Tools.

tools? Was that aimed at me ASWELL as Liss, because i didn't say anything to Monkey... I'm just saying i will read Harry Potter, because i think its good, I won't like steven King, my dad reads him! and Its blatently gonna be a bit Boyish, actiony huh? lol :rolleyes:

Kerrie. x.x.x.x.x

tools? Was that aimed at me ASWELL as Liss, because i didn't say anything to Monkey... I'm just saying i will read Harry Potter, because i think its good, I won't like steven King, my dad reads him! and Its blatently gonna be a bit Boyish, actiony huh? lol :rolleyes:

Kerrie. x.x.x.x.x

Stephen King is one of if not the best horror writer today.

Kerrie. x.x.x.x.x

To quote the great film

"Jesus titty-f**king christ"

If you even picked up a steven king novel and took 5 seconds to even read the back cover it would open your eyes quite a bit. How the hell can you just say you won't like something if you've never even read a word.

What the hell is harry potter if it's not actiony or boyish? Books aren't sex specific for gods sake.

Both of steven kings most famous films are hardly "actiony" Watch The Green mile, £10 says you will cry.

To quote the great film

"Jesus titty-f**king christ"

If you even picked up a steven king novel and took 5 seconds to even read the back cover it would open your eyes quite a bit. How the hell can you just say you won't like something if you've never even read a word.

What the hell is harry potter if it's not actiony or boyish? Books aren't sex specific for gods sake.

Both of steven kings most famous films are hardly "actiony" Watch The Green mile, £10 says you will cry.

a) Team America - f**k Yeah! Watching it less than an hour ago...

b) She obviously won't like Stephen King stuff because her Dad reads it, like she said up there :rolleyes:

Because the guy who was speaking is Scottish, you tit :P  Hence he speaks in a Scottish way.  If it was all in standard English, she'd have to put "He said in a blatantly f**king thick Scottish accent" all the time...

Now now mark, am I going to have to have the "stop picking on scots" discussion with you. :D *mumble* supposed to set an exampl, bah, humbug*mumble*

You could save yourself the time reading J.K rowling now you know the ending and read a far superior book like something by steven king or Wilbur smith.

Superior, okay, good no. :rolleyes:"

Simon, you make me sound like a wimp! :D lol. I don't like that type of books, i read 'chick flick' books, and haven't ever gotten into anything else... Have tried to but it takes alot of effort, and i prefer an easy reading book! Harry Potter isn't boyish, its just fantasyish. I know what i mean... sorry didn't mean for people to have a go or get angry... :P :rolleyes:

Now now mark, am I going to have to have the "stop picking on scots" discussion with you. :D *mumble* supposed to set an exampl, bah, humbug*mumble*

Superior, okay, good no. :rolleyes:"

I'm going to assume from the way you 100% missed the point you didn't read the post I quoted? He was asking why it was in regional dialect. The guy speaking was Scottish. It would therefore be in a Scottish regional accent, which is what I was saying. He was saying it was stupid. I was saying it would be shit if she had to keep saying "He said in a Scottish accent." I'm not picking on Scottish people, you're just not reading the thread, cockface B)

How's that for an example :P

Because the guy who was speaking is Scottish, you tit (Y)  Hence he speaks in a Scottish way.  If it was all in standard English, she'd have to put "He said in a blatantly f**king thick Scottish accent" all the time...

The first bit is all good, but it's the bit in bold I don't like. "He said in a scottish accent" would have been acceptable.

Anyway the guy who acts Hagrid (name escapes my multiply concussed brain) lives fairly near me and his kids go to my school. So if you're being rude about us scots, I'll have him set on you. :-

Also in my defence I read that thred at about 7 minutes to midnight and was about to go to sleep. (Y)"

A thick accent is nothing to feel insulted about...?! Like if I were to put on a Scottish accent, it wouldn't be as strong (/thick) as someone from the high hills on the moors of Scotland.

Ah, I can't explain it fo' shizzy. Basically he wasn't taking the piss outta Scots in the slightest.

On a related note, I've never read a Harry Potter book. Might do one day. Getting through 'Angels and Demons' at the moment though.

Edited by Sameer

Sorry but that really really isn't funny at all.

Why spoil it for other people? Sure you think it's shit and couldn't care less about it but to be perfectly honest you're a tosser.

I'm not sure why you lost your SM status but I'm pretty sure you deserved it, and this is another reason to add to the list of you not deserving to be one.

Idiot.

Wow.... I finished it in 8 hours.....wow....it rocks!! the ending made me cry (Y) but that's only cos I'm a retard...

And the reason I said I'd read War and Peace is cos we're studying it in English for GCSE, and we've been advised to read it, but to be frank I couldn't be arsed....but other people have suggested it now, so I decided to give it a go.....

Liss xxx

Edited by Liss

Sorry but that really really isn't funny at all.

Why spoil it for other people?  Sure you think it's shit and couldn't care less about it but to be perfectly honest you're a tosser.

I'm not sure why you lost your SM status but I'm pretty sure you deserved it, and this is another reason to add to the list of you not deserving to be one.

Idiot.

HA HA.

Yes I got demoted because I ruin childrens books by telling people what happens.

Wow.... I finished it in 8 hours.....wow....it rocks!! the ending made me cry (Y) but that's only cos I'm a retard...

And the reason I said I'd read War and Peace is cos we're studying it in English for GCSE, and we've been advised to read it, but to be frank I couldn't be arsed....but other people have suggested it now, so I decided to give it a go.....

Liss xxx

Don't bother with War and Peace. All it is, is a fairly decent novel, but with interludes of Tolstoy ranting about whatever he feels like at the time, which is usually something to do with the way history was recorded and the fact that we make heroes out of people.

Andy

P.S. sorry you have to study it; i'm sure it'll be more fun than Bertholt Brecht's 'The Caucasian Chalk Circle' which we had to do.