I Really Need...

RyanRs

Hi, i have a friend who could be REALLY good at trials riding, he is a natural, i had him backwheel 3ft perfectly and gap 6ft the other day on my own bike, and it took me 15 minutes to teach him how to do it!, 10min after that, i had him kicking up and over the top of park benches etc! before,he could wheelie and backhop, but that was it!

Now, he is trying to put togeather a bike, but hasnt got much money, but he is a top bloke, so im trying to help him out...

when i say not much money.... i mean £50 would be turning out the pockets!

basically, i have sorted him some old h/bars, a maggy and bodged some cranks... but he is using some cheap £100 full sus bike frame..

NOW, I no people have saracen X-ile frames batterd up but still working , hidden in their sheds ! now would one be willing to donate, or accept a small ammount for one??

please search your hearts , and sheds and post a reply!

Thanx

Ry :S

Why specifically a Saracen frame ? Surely any decent frame would be fine for evaluating if he's a fluke , or genuinely talented . Hope he gets into the sport .

And yes , go for a BASE , they rule . Lots .

Edited by Endohopper

Why specifically a Saracen frame ? Surely any decent frame would be fine for evaluating if he's a fluke , or genuinely talented .  Hope he gets into the sport .

And yes , go for a BASE , they rule .                Lots .

thats what I thought...... :S

Hi, i have a friend who could be REALLY good at trials riding, he is a natural, i had him backwheel 3ft perfectly and gap 6ft the other day on my own bike, and it took me 15 minutes to teach him how to do it!, 10min after that, i had him kicking up and over the top of park benches etc! before,he could wheelie and backhop, but that was it!

Now, he is trying to put togeather a bike, but hasnt got much money, but he is a top bloke, so im trying to help him out...

when i say not much money.... i mean £50 would be turning out the pockets!

basically, i have sorted him some old h/bars, a maggy and bodged some cranks... but he is using some cheap £100 full sus bike frame..

NOW, I no people have saracen X-ile frames batterd up but still working , hidden in their sheds ! now would one be willing to donate, or accept a small ammount for one??

please search your hearts , and sheds and post a reply!

Thanx

Ry :S

Sounds like a tf tape measure, sum guy who cant back hop managed

to gap 6 ft and backwheel 36", some people make me laff.

Get me some proof and ill stop taking the piss out of anybody who uses the tf tape measure.

Sounds like a tf tape measure, sum guy who cant back hop managed

to gap 6 ft and backwheel 36", some people make me laff.

Get me some proof and ill stop taking the piss out of anybody who uses the tf tape measure.

I thought that aswell, im not much better than that and iv been riding 1 year! :- :D (i could do alot more "stunts" than him though.... like backhop) :P

Oh and i doubt he can pedal kick over a park bench if he cant back hop :( :S

I thought that aswell, im not much better than that and iv been riding 1 year!  :-  :D  (i could do alot more "stunts" than him though.... like backhop) :P

Oh and i doubt he can pedal kick over a park bench if he cant back hop :( :S

Look mate, i have been riding 3 years, i can gap 8/9ft and tap 53" (my highest) i have done huge dropoffs, rails and all the rest of the stuff, i have also gone through 11 bikes and i have seen a LOT of people start and quit trials riding. i also dont lie.

so therefore i dont use no tf tape measure. personally if you dont belive me , i dont really care. just your loss for being so lame that you cant belive some people pick up a LOT quicker than others. i also no riders that have been riding 1.5yrs + that still cant do shit.

This bloke used to do BMX on a cheapie bike, and learnt to backhop on it and do dropoffs, he could kickhop, but using a 40T chainring and bmx brakes. he is just fortunate to beable to adapt to a trials bike with no problem at all.

you just said he cant backhop, and yet you said he can backop over theback of a park bench, dont get me wrong, but i think your telling porkies!, iv used to do BMX for about 1/2 year, downhill for 1 years, free ride for about 2 years, and iv been doing trials for 1 year, and i still cant backhop over a park bench, my mate cant even do that and he has been riding trials for 6 years!

Oh and 3 foot is VERY VERY VERY! fooking high for a bigginer!

Edited by terror-error

*you just said he cant backhop 

** and iv been doing trials for 1 year, and i still cant backhop over a park bench, my mate cant even do that and he has been riding trials for 6 years!

* Actually if you read my post properly, you will realise i didnt say that at all...

** And as for not being able to bench/backrest, well maby your a slow learner to which, unfortunate to you.

a LOT of good riders on here will prob no, that many posses the skill, but lack the confidence. ie, lots can kick 7ft to a curb, but not 5ft to a rail.. even though its easier..its cos there scared. well my mate doesnt get that problem and just tryes anyway, and he suceeds.

Backhop over a bench?

You do realize how insanely stupid and not do-able that is, right?

Why is being a slow learner a bad thing? It seems to me your letting your ego take over. I'm a slow learner, but i couldn't care. I go out to have fun and meet people, not to go and be a world champion. Stop being a chump.

For/Sale wanted threads are also not allowed in NMC. If your a member or not.

Backhop over a bench?

You do realize how insanely stupid and not do-able that is, right?

Why is being a slow learner a bad thing? It seems to me your letting your ego take over. I'm a slow learner, but i couldn't care. I go out to have fun and meet people, not to go and be a world champion. Stop being a chump.

For/Sale wanted threads are also not allowed in NMC. If your a member or not.

What are you going on about??

are you compleatly stupid... or just fick. i still cant belive iv got a 'Senior' trying to provoke an arguement by trying to belittle me by talking about my ego. i think you shuld go back to NMC. you are no good example to anyone writing pointless posts like that.

if you have never seen anyone get over a bench on the backwheel via, The seat, then The backrest, then you must ether be the worlds 1st blind trials rider, live under a rock, or have the attention span of a mentally handycapped goldfish.

You know what....

Thankyou Pauloliver, as you have replied to my post, answering what i wanted to know. The rest this topic is pointless and crap. maby you are all gelous on how you cant progress as fast as others , i dont know and dont really care. tuf shit in my opp really.

Edited by RyanRs

There are much better frames out there for little money. The Saracen is a JUMP frame, for JUMPING.

As Endohopper said, Base frames are good.

Offtopic, but you sound like an arrogant c.unt.

Y thankyou.

i am an arrogent C**t . i also think most of you on ere are a bunch of pri*ks too. but oh well.

prob why i ride with BMXers most of the time and not trials riders.. there real friends who respect and enjoy the sport, and dont judge book by its cover.

Hi,

I've got a black X-ile which I never got around to building up into a muck around bike. I bought it second hand on TF and it's just got some paint chips which have I've very professionally touched up with a permanent black marker! I tried selling it a while ago because my shed is full to bursting of bikes in various disassembled states.

I'll get around to trying to sell it all some time, but at the moment it's just too much hassle and I don't have the time!

I've also got a GT Chucker frame too.

Bare in mind that postage will be around £7, and I'd let the frame go for £20 (you pay postage on top)

I can get some photos up if there's any interest :-

Steve

if you have never seen anyone get over a bench on the backwheel via, The seat, then The backrest, then you must ether be the worlds 1st blind trials rider, live under a rock, or have the attention span of a mentally handycapped goldfish.

Hehe that made me laugh :-

Also take a look on eBay there cheap frames on there as well mate :D

I sarted with a Saracen mad and it got me to where i am now (Happy and good for my age and the time i've been riding)

I would say Either a BASE or SARACEN, BASE for more Trialsly :(

Or take a look Here Cant he sell a few things and get that :S That'll be brilliant for a starter bike... :P

Edited by Trials Boy

** And as for not being able to bench/backrest, well maby your a slow learner to which, unfortunate to you.

Unfortunate to you, you havnt seen me ride (N) (N) (N) , so how the hell do you know how good i am?

Do you seriously know how hard it is to backhop over a bench? (N) (N) (N)

I doubt he would have learnt in one month!

Oh and BTW in the last year, i have serpasses all the riders in Carlisle apart from one ride which isnt much better than me, and most of the riders have been riding between 2-7 years (N) (N) (N)

Lets stop arguing, its gay cause its over the internet (N)

You said backhop over a bench. Back, is the action of going backwards, hop, is the action of lifting the bike of the floor. Combine these two actions, and you have a backop. What you just described isn't a backhop. That i have seen many times, backhopping over a bench, however, i have never seen, as i said.

are you compleatly stupid... or just fick.

Irony.

are you compleatly stupid... or just fick. i still cant belive iv got a 'Senior' trying to provoke an arguement by trying to belittle me by talking about my ego. i think you shuld go back to NMC. you are no good example to anyone writing pointless posts like that.

I'm not provoking an arguement, i'm replying, to me, what seemed an egotistical backed statement. You said "well maby your a slow learner to which, unfortunate to you." which is implying being a slow learner is a bad thing, and that he doesn't have a clue just because he may not be able to ride as good as your friend or you.

Go back to NMC for expressing my opinion on the matter? If thats the case, so should 90% of Trials-Forum. (N)

prob why i ride with BMXers most of the time and not trials riders.. there real friends who respect and enjoy the sport, and dont judge book by its cover.

Judging a book by its cover? So i guess you assuming someone is a shit rider because they question the legibility of your statement isn't judging a book by its cover?

What are you going on about??

Sorry, but I found that REALLY bloody funny! (N) (N)

Anyway, like Simon said you can't have For Sale/ Wanted posts in here. (N)