Ferrari 2005 Aurea

Nick Garland

I think all those pictures are just renders done by someone unassociated with ferrari taking inspiration from the enzo

I was thinking the same, because it (to be honest and in my own opinion) looks like several of ferrari's mixed?

"The F40's body is comprised almost entirely of composite materials, mostly a weave of carbon fiber, Kevlar, and Nomex."

At least it won't rust.  :)

F40 is THE best Ferrari ever, closely followed by the GTO.

360's and Enzo's are all well and good if your a poser.

+1 to everything you said, F40>GTO>Dino>* :D

Interesing fact about the F40; the paint is so thin, to keep weigh down, that you can see the carbon weave through it! :P Sounds like poor workmanship to me...

im pretty sure i read somewhere that this new one there bringing out will be tested by Ferrari owners...

the enzo's something like 600hp? this new ones gonna go stupid and be 800+hp just to piss over the other supercars that are coming out soon...

looks awsome...i'll buy one i think <wishes>

The best Ferrari at the moment has to be the FXX, a race track only version of the Enzo, due to be sold soon. The F40, although it looks nice, is actually very slow by todays standard, and would get easily whooped by something a bit newer.

The current best Ferrari other than the two Enzo's is the F430. looks the nuts, and drives the nuts. Or so I've heard.

And that pic looks very rendered and fake, and doesnt have any of the design traits of Pininfarina styling, its too much of a mish mash of swoops and curves, not very Ferrari! And what are those drawing pin/thumb tack things in the wheels?

The FXX:

ferrari-fxx-20050617035913254.jpg

F40 slow?! It does 198MPH and that was in the 80s! Even by todays standards the F40 can distroy most supercars.

Anyway, the FXX, is ugly, just like the Enzo. And because this is an internt forum "I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG!!!111ONEoneeleventyone" :) :D

Haz

The F40, although it looks nice, is actually very slow by todays standard, and would get easily whooped by something a bit newer.

0-60 mph: 3.8 sec

0-100 mph: 8.0 sec

Top Speed: 201 mph

[sarcasm=high]Yeh, really slow.[/sarcasm] :)

0-60 mph:  3.8 sec

0-100 mph:  8.0 sec

Top Speed:  201 mph

[sarcasm=high]Yeh, really slow.[/sarcasm] :)

You dont understand my point. The F40 was a super lightweight barely legal race car. The weight to power ratio was enormous, and if a car were to be built with the same kind of power to weight ratio today, using modern engine and chassis technology, the F40 wouldnt stand a chance.

What I am saying is that cars can be four times the weight nowadays and still be equal on the performance side of things. The F40 was sparten. It had nothing. Now the modern supercars have aircon, cd players, power steering, auto 'boxes, all sorts of things that weigh it down massively, but can still whip the F40. I mean, can you imagine a stripped out McMerc SLR? With literally the bare minimum such as the F40 had?

Now you can race a 1.6 litre car that will beat the F40 off the line and will beat it all the way up to 200mph.

ALSO.... the handling was not brilliant (an episode of Top Gear comparing the F40 with 360 CS is my source here) and round a track could in no way hold its own against the 360CS.

So my point being, there is more to a supercar than 0-60 times and top speeds, otherwise all racing would be drag racing. Now the top fuel dragsters, they have PROPER 0-60 times...

Edited by andyroo

So my point being, there is more to a supercar than 0-60 times and top speeds, otherwise all racing would be drag racing. Now the top fuel dragsters, they have PROPER 0-60 times...

yeh fair point, but for me, i'd still rather have the raw F40 over a cushy 360 or even the new 430 (which according to mr.clarkson is the best car he's ever driven).

I know what you mean though, its amazing cars like the Evo 9 can sqeeze more horsepower out of a 2.0 than say a ford gt40 years back.

And for anyone who watched top gear this week, the fact a Vauxhall Hot Hatch had the same power as a 20 year old Ferrari. :)

Agreed, any goon can have a 360 0r 430, they are just overpowered Fiats.

On the Subject of the Evo 9, the turbo is so big, the lag makes it slower in sixth gear at 30 mph and 3000 revs, accelerating to 70, than a Fiat estate! Lmao, it's really quite dire, however, if you use the turbo properly and keep the engine in high revs, then it's fast. I love the name though, Mitsubishi Evo IX FQ-400, FQ standing for f**king quick-400brake. :)

Besides, I want a Lotus Exige or a Caterham CSR, they "r0xx0rs my s0xx0rs".

Haz

Even by todays standards the F40 can distroy most supercars.

On a track, the F40 would be owned. It's just nothing compared to the new generation like the SLR. It's a bit like comparing an F1 car with a sports car, the detail is in the way it corners, not it's all out brute speed. Perfect proof of that is the 280mph 1001bhp Bugatti Veyron, with all it's speed and power, it's totally crap on the track and gets beaten by cars like the Lotus... :(

I saw two F430's in the past couple of days, a red F430, and a black F430 Spider. I got one of them to rev up for me :ermm: Love that car.

Oh and those renders have nothing to do with Ferrari, they are just some random guys designs.

Agreed, any goon can have a 360 0r 430, they are just overpowered Fiats.

On the Subject of the Evo 9, the turbo is so big, the lag makes it slower in sixth gear at 30 mph and 3000 revs, accelerating to 70, than a Fiat estate! Lmao, it's really quite dire, however, if you use the turbo properly and keep the engine in high revs, then it's fast. I love the name though, Mitsubishi Evo IX FQ-400, FQ standing for f**king quick-400brake. :(

Besides, I want a Lotus Exige or a Caterham CSR, they "r0xx0rs my s0xx0rs".

Haz

Very tastey cars.... i don't like the ferrarri the topic starter put a picture up of, neither do i like the enzo, i like f40's though. and an evo is just dreamy.

Agreeing with what a few people have said, the "Ferrari" although it is obviously a design studio render it has very few Ferrari design cues which kinda ruins the illusion of it being next Ferrari.

Possibly the best Ferrari in recent times is indeed the F430 imo. From what i have read and seen on tv and internet it is easy to drive very quickly, comfortable, looks amazing and is infact one of the cheapest Ferraris ever so more affordable (£100,000 ish).

The F40 was an amazing car but as has been mentioned it had nothing in it, carbon body no carpet no radio nothing just an engine with 2 huge turbos, seats and a steering wheel. The F50 was simliar but with a V12 engine and a little more power.

Have to say I have loved the F355 for ages they look very very nice although not the fastest car around they're still Ferrari quick and Ferrari good to drive.

love cars and top gear let the discussions begin.

Dan

I sure as hell would. It's where all the local badboi boyracers meet around here, that would be quite a laugh.

Wonder what insurance on an F430 for an 18 y/o male would be.

http://exoticspotter.com/list.php?page=0&b...=5&location=all

Fortunately, all the faggots here (the boy racers that is) meet up by the side of the road in this little drive into a car-park, next to the men's toilets.

I laugh.

Anyway, yeah, just getting a fancy-ass car like that and really slowly driving past all their Fiestas and shitty Ford vans would be diamond...

Fortunately, all the faggots here (the boy racers that is) meet up by the side of the road in this little drive into a car-park, next to the men's toilets.

I laugh.

Anyway, yeah, just getting a fancy-ass car like that and really slowly driving past all their Fiestas and shitty Ford vans would be diamond...

You dare get a car like that and drive it slowly lol I'll come up there myself and make sure its used properly!!!! :(