Slippy Grips

Dave 221

I would only ever use spray paint. I would suggest against gt85 and hair spray and things like that because they help to get the grip on but dont help it stay there.

With paint, just spray it inside the grip and it will slide on easlily and then leave it for a few minutes and they wont budge until you cut them off to replace them.

You can ride in the pissing rain and they will be fine.

gloss paint - depends on how much you like your bars

laquer

glue - cant get them off again and might go crusty

monty brake spray

hiarspray works but im pretty sure theres something in it that melts your rubber grips, then when it gets wet its like well slippy.

i might fathome some way of using double sided tape....

clean bars, clean grips, compressed air or just plain force.

Put some foam grips onto my bmx bars today. (ritchey jobbies)

My hands are sore and it was a mega bastad to do.... but they don't spin :(

Lack of trust for any thing to help em on. Always a chance they will spin, or that they will never come off again/ruin your bars

If you use paint to put grips on

A) It is slippery when wet so helps them slide on (not as well as WD40 or GT85 )

:wink2: When it dries ( which is 5 minutes max ) it sticks the grip to the bar better than if you had put it on without anything

C) All you have to do is cut them off with a knife when u need to replace them. You can remove them in one piece with a screwdriver if you need to.

Just put on some foam grips, and all is good but they seem to be slipping around rather alot, what have you guys done to make them stay in the same place and make the lil buggers not slip?

cheers dave

i've always used wd-40 to get my grips of and on and it dries really quickly two.

ben  :wink2:

Cough Cough... He asked what to do to stay in the same place lol. Any Ideas Ben??

Chears

Edited by Koxx_TryAll

If you have a set of matt finish bars, Foam grips dosnt grip onto them, Only grip onto anodised bars, which had a pure flat surface. :wink2:

Worked for my bars, which have a matt finish I believe.

I just soaked the grips in water, then put 'em on. As you put them on, you wring out the water anyway, so by the time you're done they're dry and ready to go (Y)

Other than that, it's the smallest amount of GT-85 possible, and brute force (Y)