Bike Maintenance Tips.

Koxx_TryAll

Metal-metal contact = grease it, 'cept pawls (Y)

Generally works pretty well, stops creaks 'n' shit. There are obvious exceptions, but it works for most stuff :wink2:

Keep stuff tight. Don't ride stuff that's loose, as it'll destroy the component and potentially some connected ones. It's not worth doing, and it's dangerous...

check everything that should be tight, is tight, before every ride if possible.

If you have a q/r front wheel, check that its tight as you can have some major bails if it flys out.

make sure you use the right tools when possible. Don;t just think "i can bodge it out using these mole grips" as chances are you'll mash you bike to a pulp and look like a twat when you try and get some proper help with it.

Use good quality allen keys and crank extractors :wink2:

Quality allen keys are a must! Handy little tip for pumping up a flat tube when it's difficult to seat the pump on the valve 'cos it keeps receding into the rim, don't push on it, pinch the tyre and squeeze the valve down, much easier.

Joe

The only thing i check before every ride, is chainring bolts.

Alot of power goes through those things, if one or two are loose it can totally pringle the ring, no matter how old/new it is.

Get a decent pot of grease, and a good supply of GT85 or equivalent.

Make sure you have as many clean rags as you can lay your oily hands on.

I have 4 sets of Allen keys (all Park) in my garage, so theres always one to hand (garage = bomb site)

When bleeding your magura put a syringe at either end of the system, air cannot get in and there is hardly any mess :-  (Y)

It's also possible to just have the other end going into the bleed pot type thing, then cover the outlet end of the tube with your finger when you refill the syringe.

Or just try and do it all in a bucket. Easy peasy!