144 members have voted

1. 1. Do you speed?

• Driving: Yes
    • Driving: No
    • Driving: Occasionaly
    • Non driver: I would all the time
    • Non driver: I would never do it
    • Non driver: Only sometimes

As many others on here, I do speed but normally when in the right place to do so.

I don't driver a car (although im learning), I've got a motorbike to get me around, some of you may know what bike but anyway it's no moped.

Being on such a quick bike it's so so much easier to wind her open, not in stupid places like town or built up areas. I've learnt my lesson now, I did get caught near my house for doing 60 in a 30 but luckily the nice bacon let me off!

I don't wanna be learning another lesson by hitting someone or whatever before it's to late.

Just sitting at 30 feels like a snails pace, although I suppose it's there for a reason.

Like what happened to DJ, doing 70 in a 40, thats just plain stupid!!

Rob (Y)

Thing is though, everyones talking as if driving fast is going to kill someone. But at the same time you can kill someone at 30 or less.

You hit someone at 30mph, they have an 80% of surviving.

You hit someone at 40mph, they have an 80% of dieing.

I don't really speed apart from on the motorways. There's no point. What's the point in ragging a car around being dangerous to knock a minute off a 10 minute journey? There isn't one. On the motorway is a different story, I take the speed limit as 80 and use that as a guide. Can knock loads of time off if you've got a long journey.

You cannot "throw" a car round a roundabout at 100mph. It WILL "break loose".

and anyway not the whole way aorund it. and yeah he can its stick to the road like its glued to it. there is so much grip he aint even had it break loose once yet.

No. Really, he can't. Do you know how fast 100mph is?!

yup 100mph is when the speedo gets to that little number 100. does it matter i was just saying what his car can do and there is nout wrong with speeding aslong as you dont put others at risk

yup 100mph is when the speedo gets to that little number 100. does it matter i was just saying what his car can do and there is nout wrong with speeding aslong as you dont put others at risk

You will ALWAYS put people at risk if you're speeding. Unless it's on a proper race track which is still dangerous. :)

you will put urself at risk and your apssengers but no one else if there aint anyone around get over it let people drive how they wanna does it really matter

It DOES matter! Have a look as Sue's post then re-think what you just said.

Edited by Siders77

It DOES matter! Have a look as Sue's post then re-think what you just said.

why does that even need to be brought into what i said. i said its ok to speed if there is no one else aorund i.e out in country, or at 2 in the morning like someone else in this thread said.

wh do people have start arguements i jsut said what my boss's car was like and how he drives etc and i siad theres nout wrong with speeding etc if you no your limits and the cars limits.

anything can happen i iant gonna deny that and anyone i dont agree with speeding in built up areas.

hows come people keep goign on at me when others have said they have gone faster.

(sorry to bring you ino this joe) joe said he had done 145mph in a bmw and wont one says anything to that. he probally is telling the truth like i was saying my boss can put his car round a round about at 100mph. and still be in full control of the car.

you two oviously odnt agree with speeding. if i had it my way there owuld be no speed limits on motor ways etc apart from built up areas.

why do i get the fealing that people get jealous of someones car becuase they cant have one, or offord one. and for the record a lotus elise aint a hairdressers car osmething like a mazda mx5 is a hair dressers car.

the elise he has is a road legal track car pretty much. i would like to see a hair dresser offord what he has paid for it. or even try and drive it.

the hair dresser would get in it and go "ooo it got no power steering i might get her, o no the clutch is to stiff i cant change gear"

Edited by ian