144 members have voted

1. 1. Do you speed?

• Driving: Yes
    • Driving: No
    • Driving: Occasionaly
    • Non driver: I would all the time
    • Non driver: I would never do it
    • Non driver: Only sometimes

you two oviously odnt agree with speeding. if i had it my way there owuld be no speed limits on motor ways etc apart from built up areas.

Fine. I kind of agree in that I think the speed limit could happily be 80 or 90mph on the motorways. But anything else is different. Besides motorways don't have roundabouts.

built up areas , so people only cross roads in built up areas?

if you had your own way their would be no speed limits on motorways , well unfortunatley you dont , and thats why there are people who get payed to decide that

and finally , i dont give a f**k what you call me . i still maintain what if you need to brag about speeding on an internet forum , there is something seriously wrong in your life

there is a dual carriage way neer me which has a half round about in it which may not be a motorway but it is as good as

how am i bragging about speeding i was just saying what his car can do.

Edited by ian

there is a dual carriage way neer me which has a half round about in it which may not be a motorway but it is as good as

No a small curve in the road does not mean its a "half" roundabout! :P

lol i've been reading your posts and you do seem like a nob head yes.

You really have no idea what your talking about and you cant really judge speed, stopping time etc until you are on the road urself, which your not!

You say that he has amazing stopping times, well you have to have pretty good ones to pass your feggin test in the first place. Like someone else said just cus apperntly hes got "amazing" stopping times dosent mean he has the right to drive around like a "mother funky" :)

I think that speeds on motorways should be increased but not unlimited, some idiot doing 150mph on the inside lane, car coming down the slip road, cant see him cus hes coming so fast, car pulls out and BANG!

That lotus isnt the greatest car on earth like your making it out to be, there are plenty of other cars that are alot faster but dosent mean they drive like nobs.

And this 100mph into a roundabout thing, BOLLOC*S!

No a small curve in the road does not mean its a "half" roundabout! :)

lol i've been reading your posts and you do seem like a nob head yes.

right there is a road callled the A127 and anyone that knows that road will know that it was a round about that was there. they put barriers across so you cant go all the way round etc. where this half roundabout is its called the fortune of war (because of the pub on the corner)

and i couldnt care what you think of me.

I would say that British drivers should all go visit Germany in their cars and learn some etiquette. My friend drove me back to Munich airport from his home town at 150mph on the autobahn, yet it didn't feel dangerous as all the other drivers were so accommodating. In the town areas, the drivers are equally as gracious, yet more likely to observe the speed limits. Maybe its British arrogance that makes us drive like this, or Germanic orderliness, that makes us seem inconsiderate. Maybe we should all put pink fluffy bunny stickers on our dashboards, as a reminder of what can happen when you drive with a sense of immortality. Theres a damn good reason why people remember DJ on here, surely its not that difficult to remember him next time you get in your car.

right there is a road callled the A127 and anyone that knows that road will know that it was a round about that was there. they put barriers across so you cant go all the way round etc. where this half roundabout is its called the fortune of war (because of the pub on the corner)

and i couldnt care what you think of me.

Thats wicked thanks for that! :)

anything can happen i iant gonna deny that and anyone i dont agree with speeding in built up areas.

hows come people keep goign on at me when others have said they have gone faster.

(sorry to bring you ino this joe) joe said he had done 145mph in a bmw and wont one says anything to that. he probally is telling the truth like i was saying my boss can put his car round a round about at 100mph. and still be in full control of the car.

Your boss must be very clever. What a success he must feel.

If I see him in hell, Ill be laughing cause hes dead.

thats the risk you take getting on or in any form of transport you could come out alive or dead as they say you do it at your own risk. you can take precautions to protect urself but hey if he wants to drive like it i aint ocmplaining cause its great.

i take it most of you owuld never of experience the g-force aplied when goign that fast thorugh a corner it is great it feals so good.

have you ever driven a car fast on a track(if your under age like i have) or on the road if you can drive. then you will no what its like when the adrenaline goes when your going fast etc

thats the risk you take getting on or in any form of transport you could come out alive or dead as they say you do it at your own risk. you can take precautions to protect urself but hey if he wants to drive like it i aint ocmplaining cause its great.

i take it most of you owuld never of experience the g-force aplied when goign that fast thorugh a corner it is great it feals so good.

have you ever driven a car fast on a track(if your under age like i have) or on the road if you can drive. then you will no what its like when the adrenaline goes when your going fast etc

Ever heard of roller coatsers? You can experience the same thing, and control the variables.

I hope you have epilepsy, as you wont be allowed to drive when you turn 17.

Edited by steve sturt

But I would have him to laugh about. Its like a paradox.

:)

I couldn't care less if you or your cool boss hurts themselves by driving fast, that's not the point. The point is that every time you drive like a knob, you are endangering other people.

:)

I couldn't care less if you or your cool boss hurts themselves by driving fast, that's not the point.  The point is that every time you drive like a knob, you are endangering other people.

Im not driving dangerously, the "Cool" Boss guy is. Im making a sarcastic point about his driving and how I hope he learns his lesson one day.

I passed on friday, I've been speeding allready... not intentionally and only by 5 mph (down a hill) but I don't tend to do it because of fear of hitting someone... With my brother/parents I don't speed, on my own I like a lil rag, I'm still sort of showing off that I can drive! My girlfriend got home from holiday today and wants me to take her out now I KNOW 100% I am never going to speed with her in the car! I AM scared for my passengers in my car!

I also don't like to speed because if I get caught then I'm fooked :"> twice in two years and bye bye! I hate moblie speed cameras!

James :)

if me or him gets hurt its a lesosn to be learnt. he aint endangering anyone else cause he odnt drive fast when there other people are about unless people try it on then he puts his foot down and then takes it of when he has dropped them. the only time he will drive fast but not out of his limits is when there is no-one else is about and if your going to cross a dual carrige way or even a motorway by foot your an idiot to be honest.

What you should do ian is this, it'll make you much smarter. Pull the pill from an M67 Fragmentation Grenade (For maximum deadliness, but anything would do, a claymore mine would be great but quite hard to set off) then swallow it. But attach a pile from your arsehole to your mouth, so just incase you shit it out so quick it doesn't blow up inside you, it can just roll around back into your mouth. :) Job's a good 'un.

I think i slot into the pretty typical driver profile.

I stick to the 30 zones around town, quite a few kids have been knocked down / killed in the streets around me, and it's that, that genrally knocks around in the back of my head and keeps me at the speed limit.

Motorways, I genrally speed, nothing silly but i'll sit in the middle / fast lane at 85mph, but on most motorways your just moving at the same speed as the rest of the traffic at that speed.

Late at night when it's very quiet / no one is around I do speed a bit, once again nothing silly but i'll go upto 40 on the 30 central roads through town etc, half the time your the only car / person in that area.

My main problem is that when there is no other traffic about i cut junctions short and ignore lane marking etc, though to be honest i don't really see any harm in that, i'm not going any faster or confusing anyone else, since no one else is around...

I can sympathise with people speeding on open roads, motorways, or main roads that cut through towns (to an extent, it's not like i'm saying it's right, but i understand why people do) but not in resiential areas, you're putting too much at risk for too little.

I havent sped since I crashed a few years ago, I imagine anyone who speeds at the moment will be the same when they crash. But I can easily see why people speed, it just takes a crash to knock some sense into you, so im not going to be a hypocrit and tell you all not to speed.. its something you need to learn for yourselves!

I havent sped since I crashed a few years ago, I imagine anyone who speeds at the moment will be the same when they crash. But I can easily see why people speed, it just takes a crash to knock some sense into you, so im not going to be a hypocrit and tell you all not to speed.. its something you need to learn for yourselves!

i agree with you totaly but i think its kinda a addiction that once you have done it once you have got to do it again if you no what i mean

Edited by ian

In my lessons I have to keep checking speedo just 'cos it IS easy to just creep over the speed limit in towns. Outside of town, my instructor restricts me to 50mph but it just feels a bit slow sometimes. Saying that, other days everything feels 'faster' for some reason...

After I pass (whenever that is) I'll probably go over the national speed limit, but in towns I'll stick to it just because it's there for a reason...