Trials-shop.co.uk

Josephine

OK here's my saga; about two weeks ago I stripped the pedal thread out of my driveside muscleman crank. So, naturally I sought out another into Froogle looking for a crank and up comes this shop. £28 for one crank, "ouch, that's a bit steep" says I but lacking the money for a complete new set I thought this was my only option. To add insult to injury (I know I'm being overcharged by this point) I'm charged £3.50 for postage. Which would've been sort of understandable if it was going to arrive next day before 12. Oh no, I receive an email a couple of days later informing me it'll be here within 5-7 days, which pissed me off, I mean where had my £3.50 'postage' gone?! Which brings us to today 10 days (8 of them working days) from the time I received an email telling me it'd be here in 5-7 and I still haven't received my overpriced crank.

If I ever see Mark Anthony in person I'll probably spit in his eye and insult his mother, as it is what I'm going to do is send it back and get a refund (assuming it ever arrives), 'cos I can hopefully get one second hand from here without lining the pocket of this idiot!

Joe

PS - I've heard that a number of other riders have suffered at the hands of this moron, got any more horror stories?

PPS - Don't buy from this prat, you'll get shafted.

UPDATE: Here we are three weeks down the line and still no crank, and no replies to emails either. Surely if the goods don't arrive as promised he's breached contract of sale unless he otherwise informs me (which he hasn't bothered to)?

UPDATE #2: I sent this email:

Hi, my cranks still not arrived. Last time I sent you an email you told me slow delivery was to blame,

I honestly can't believe that a product that supposedly left you on the 26th of September has taken this

long to be delivered even if as you said in the last email I was a victim of 'slow delivery'.

In short, I'm not at all satisfied with your service, and I want a full refund. This is appropriate

because despite having it in writing from the 26th of September that it would be here in 5-7 days it

has not materialised, thus putting you in breach of your contract of sale and you're effectively stealing

from me as my account was debited 27-09-05 and you're effectively stealing from me. Rest assured I'm

not dealing with you again.

I didn't get a reply to my last email, which I find exceptionally rude, I therefore expect an

answer to this one. A full apology would be nice.

Joe

That was yesterday, and given a whole day he's still not replied. Harsh of me, perhaps? Well I've taken enough shit from this guy, his silence is damned infuriating...

Joe

UPDATE #3: WAHEY, CLOSURE!

Phoned up and got an answer at last. They had my house number down wrong on their records, so we went to the house number they'd supposedly sent it to on my road and they'd not received it. Then rang again armed with this knowledge and asked for a refund which they finally agreed to. All that remains is for it to be paid back to me :)

Joe

Edited by Josephine

Oh I thought they were in America but I got mixed up Erm.

Yeah that's uber shitty. 5-7 days in the UK for delivery. That sucks. I wouldn't of bought off them just because their website looks so f**king unprofessional it's untrue!

Compare that to the Heatsink or Tartybikes / Selectbikes's site's, they piss all over them.

Professional site appearances brushes a professional appearance onto the shop :)

I feel sorry for you but I wouldn't of bought off 'em anyway :P

Nick

I've heard one or two good stories about MA, and the rest are ALL shit and negative. I really wouldn't deal with them. Doesn't the fact they had to rebrand themselves to get rid of their negative reputation suggest something to you? :P

I've had a good 'transaction' with MA. My parents ordered my bike for my Birthday after being pissed around by a bike shop near me. They ordered it about a month before my Birthday. When I was at school they phoned my mum and said that they built my bike and got it shipped before everyones because all of the other bikes they had to send out were for people Christmas presents.

I was a happy boy that day when I found out. :P :P

yeah trials shop is shit worst shop eva, i ordered some try-all shoes and crm brake pads, a day later i got an email sayin that they had been sent out and should be with me between 5-7 working days. 4 days later i then recieve an email saying that they dont even have the shoes in stock :) :P and said if you wait a few days we wil have them in, so i sed nah dw bout it but send me the plaz pads still, recieve email saying that thisis ok, 2 and a bit weeks latyer no pads wtf is goin on, get rid of time wasters like this. trials uk select bikes and tarty aremuch betta. :P :)

i ordered some rim jam blues from them (night before i had ripped my old x-hydra off the backing, so i was a little desprate) and got an email saying it has been dispatched, i waited a week, no sign, got piss bored and went to my LBS and bought some monty x-lite pads. about a month later the rim jams are here :P

Wankers, never doing buisness with them again.

Tom

Hey guys.

I've not had the chance to purchase anything from you before, but I beleive you need to address your service to my fellow trials riders, I'm sure you've heard of Trials-Forum, the largest collection of trials riders in the Uk, well, with no provocation (other than your service), here's what they've said;

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....showtopic=63582

This message isn't intentionally critical, just to point out that from what these people have said, (and obviously it's just a one off), I am positive I, and now many others on trials-forum shan't be purchasing from you.

Customer service is a huge part of any business, and will have positive effects on them. Take the already used (in the trials-forum thread), Tarty Bikes and Selectbikes - they without fail send the item the same day, don't over charge on postage ("I ordered an RB lever from them and got charged £6 for postage. When it arrived it had two second class stamps on").

I would appreciate a reply, and maybe any steps (if any) you plan on taking to improve your service.

Thanks,

Michael Singleton.

And their reply;

I have never hidden the fact my company is slow to deliver 2 years ago turnover was 200,000 its now 1.5 million and i sell all over the world, with the money we are building a new warehouse once built we will be able to despatch much quicker. now look at the turnover most people do get there goods very quickly why do they not use the forums. oh well we on the right road and by mid 2006 our service will be untouchable.

thanks for your email all info does make a difference.

mark anthony

For a company turning over £1.5million, their website sure is shit!

Ah well, at least now we know why their service sucks. :P

Mike.

Get you, Watchdog-wannabe :P

Nice to know that it's taken MA 3-4 years to sort out their service, isn't it (Y)

Even so, their reputation is such that I'm still never going to buy anything from them. With shite service, excessive postage charges, plus the fact that I prefer dealing with Select, Tarty and Cleanbikes, there's no incentive to go with them seeing as you can get their stock from elsewhere for less...

eyy up, its just clicked 'Mark Anthony' is where i think i bought my t-pro frame from.

What was his old company/webiste called? i wondered where it had gone.

Thinking back now it did seem a little slow but not excessivly long by any means, came well packaged and was a nice frame, still going strong. £160 i think it cost and i have a feeling posatge was like £11.

i think its a great idea michelle , good luck with the hormone treatment and if you ever need an open minded 'special' friend in trials i'm your man (Y)

Been on this forum for not shy of 4 years, and that's the first time I've ever seen anyone offer themselves as a last resort for a trannie on here.

I've ordered a Ronnie rim from they a year ago and they sent it within a week can't remember how long it took but wasn't long I think anyways they sent me a Hog rim (Y) and I was going to send it back but didn't for ages so I email them saying if i can still swap and they said yes, I sent it back and within 1 or 2 weeks it came. So overall not happy since I had to wait a long time just to sort out my rear wheel, oh well.

Don't ask me why but I decided to buy my 05 T-pro at the beginning of September with them. It cost 419 with free p&p. They used DHL to send out my bike. They said would take 5-7days. 12 days later still not there. I emailed them and they said it had been nicked. I thought they were having me on, but turns out DHL say they have lost it. So not great service but in the end not their fault. But still not very helpful and they like sending 3 word emails. Anyway won't be buying off them again.

Nah they are really shit. When I tried to use them, I waited a week and nothing so rang them and they said dhl depot had been burgled. So they said they would re-fund me, so I ordered else where and then 2 weeks later the stuff shows up. They hadnt re-funded me anything :blink: