Toxsin 24"

Clarky

hey i would really be intersted in buying a 24" bike and i think a 24" toxsin 1 would look awsome.Ive seen the mod version and rode the 26 and i just love the style of the frames.Could toxsin dealers please infrom me if there is any future of a 24 inch version?

thank's clarky

p.s would anyone else be intersted in one?

Edited by JASON CLARK

I think it would be very sesible for toxin to make a 24, as there frames are very good, affordable and well styled. since other companies are being slow to get on the 24 bandwagon, toxin could do really well by producing an affordable (compared to leeson and curtis, the only real options right now) 24 frame. If they did 2 versions, liek the stock bike, but with different geo that would be even better- a really streety one, and a more pure mod styled one :P

Toxsin 24" (Y) Good thinking Ja. Hopefully Master in taiwan will tart to design one but for now he is concentrating on the release of The Mod. Once he has finished with work on this I know he is going to continue working to complete his dream 26' frame. Hopefully it can be finished before summer of next year cos its going to be mind blowing. Keep an eye out for cranks to ^_^

A 24 inch toxsin would be well good. Its just a question of geometry and material choice. I have not scene many 24 inch riders out there. I suppose there general style is quick and streety. So suppose maybe a 1050 length would be nice. Also I think steel would be good too? Some nicely positioned reynolds tubes would be sweet. I can almost picture a black mean machine :)

Any one have any geo and shape ideas?

adam

:D

Toxsin 24" (Y) Good thinking Ja. Hopefully Master in taiwan will tart to design one but for now he is concentrating on the release of The Mod. Once he has finished with work on this I know he is going to continue working to complete his dream 26' frame. Hopefully it can be finished before summer of next year cos its going to be mind blowing. Keep an eye out for cranks to :)

A 24 inch toxsin would be well good. Its just a question of geometry and material choice. I have not scene many 24 inch riders out there. I suppose there general style is quick and streety. So suppose maybe a 1050 length would be nice. Also I think steel would be good too? Some nicely positioned reynolds tubes would be sweet. I can almost picture a black mean machine :D

Any one have any geo and shape ideas?

adam

:D

1040-50, Alu. Slight BB Rise (+20? not thought much about that), 72/73 head angle. Canti mounts (spaced wider than on an asthon) Proper Seat Tube. ^_^

Jon

Surely alu would be better.

Its lighter, and if its the same strength as echo/zoo etc then it will last 2 years + anyway. Seeing as us trials riders change frame at least once every 2 years, then steel is pointless, crap and heavy.

I actually cannot believe you just said that! How is steel crap and heavy, tell that to the leeson riders. They are light because they have doublebutted tubing, and thay are all short so thats 9cm off the length/weight of a vinco already. (1010- 1100wb).

And if you change frames every 2years why can you not sell it? Allow someone else to benifit from it, rather then just killing an alu frame. But I must admit those pitbulls and echos are bloody strong, doubt many people will kill them in 2years.

Because IMO steel is an outdated and cruddy material. U6 all the way baby.

Steel frames ive heard, even the light ones, are still a lot heavier than an alu frame. If an alu frame was the same weight as a steel one, then it would be stupidly strong.

The fact steel is shorter and therefore lighter doesnt help your arguement, it helps mine, bceause if they are 9cm shorter and still heavier, then imagine a 1100 wb steel frame, it would be like riding a concrete block.

I wouldnt even buy a second hand steel frame, bceause they are still really expensive, you could probably get like two or three 2 year old alu frames for the price of one steel one.

If there are any real benefits of steel frames, then sure, go for it.

Edited by Hobnobs

1040-50, Alu. Slight BB Rise (+20? not thought much about that), 72/73 head angle. Canti mounts (spaced wider than on an asthon) Proper Seat Tube. :ermm:

Jon

sounds good. Just like a mini 26 toxsin. Wat aboout the chainstays? It could be proper trialy if they are short. But then its sort of missing the point of being 24??? Then again if you are 6' then it would be streety anyway. And if you are less than 5' then it would be a real good trial bike.

Any one know of the other 24" bike geo?

personally I wouldnt buy a street bike unless it was steel, just for the ease of fixing.

So you would buy a steel cos > if it breaks you can weld it easy? I think we wana design a bike which wont break. I do like the idea of steel. They do feel real stiff and light when designed well but Its expensive... Did that ti global go into production?

ta

adam

having ridden both the ashton and leeson 24", the 'feel' on the leeson is so much nicer. It has that lively , bouncy feel that the ashton doesn't!

plus as a streety/trials rider, i put lots of random wierd stresses on my bike and it being steel just helps it last longer.

i went for 380mm chainstays, +25mm bb, 74 headangle, 1030mm

but if you are going for the scaled down toxsin and going for a 24" 'pure' trials bike. go alu :ermm: but something more streety , steel...hehe

that said something like a scaled down echo pure, U6, 380 stays, 72.5 headangle, 1040-1050 wb, wouldn't bad at satisfying both camps.

mike

I think there's more of a market for an Alu 24" - Curtis and Leeson have the steel market fairly well covered. Whilst a cheaper one might be nice I think Alu would be a better choice

IMO mass production steel frames aren't that desirable. All the ones I've seen have been shite - look at how well the PX pitbull held up, or DMR's

24" doesn't have to be just for street. I'm happy enough with the length on the ET chainstays.

that said something like a scaled down echo pure, U6, 380 stays, 72.5 headangle, 1040-1050 wb, wouldn't bad at satisfying both camps.

gets my :ermm:

Jon

sounds good. Just like a mini 26 toxsin. Wat aboout the chainstays? It could be proper trialy if they are short. But then its sort of missing the point of being 24??? Then again if you are 6' then it would be streety anyway. And if you are less than 5' then it would be a real good trial bike.

Any one know of the other 24" bike geo?

So you would buy a steel cos > if it breaks you can weld it easy? I think we wana design a bike which wont break. I do like the idea of steel. They do feel real stiff and light when designed well but Its expensive... Did that ti global go into production?

ta

adam

Global had problems with the manufactuers in russia, I think they are planning on finding a new place, then try again with the trials rig.

I guess I am saying steel as I already have a nice alu trials frame, I am wanting a 24" as a little on the side. But seeing though I have a comp set up with my main bike, I am wanting my 24" to be very bmxy, a total contrast to my usual bike, so I can do the stuff I cant normally do.