Rimjam Update. (updated)

wally

Hi, over the past weeks i have had a lot of questions asked, so i thought i better answer a few.

As you may well know, RIMJAM purchased a large quantity of Power Pad backings. We have been playing around with many different compounds of rubber over the past few months. We are moulding the pads ourselves, so this gives the ability to change compounds quite easily, its just a case of trying to find small quantities to sample.

So far we have not had massive success in finding a pad suitable for a ground rim. But 1 or 2 compounds do seem to preform very well on a smooth rim.

So basically i am after a few good riders who run smooth rims, no tar, who would be willing to try a few pads for me. If you are interested, please leave a reply, along with what rim you are using.

I am also aware of who needs pads through warrenty, and i appolagise once again, and will be sending them out asap.

And another thing, i went on holiday and when i came back, my rimjam.com domain had expired and i am having trouble getting it working again, so it will not work as well as my email, (chris@rimjam.com) so if you would like to contact me, please use my msn email address.

Thank you.

:lol:

Edited by wally

I could try some for you. I dont no what you mean by "good" riders, but i will be having to get a new rim in the next couple of weeks, so if i have got some good pads to use, then i'll hold back on grinding it :lol:

I will be running an onza rim (26" if that makes a difference)

Edited by fairy elephants

I'd love to try them, as i do have 3 pairs of broken rimjams sat in my room, it would be nice to have some rimjams that i can get at least a few months use out of. :lol: Running a koxx rim, very very dead grind, near enough smooth.

Edited by JT!

i've purchased 4 pads a while back and all their clippings have broken, but they were really good pads while they were usable

though im not really sure where u meant by 'good' riders, i'd be more than glad to test out the pads as i've got a couple bikes, both mod and stock, and a few rear wheels which i can use which includes:

26" ground echo rim

26" smooth echo rim

26" ground dx32

25" ground monty rim

20" ground dx32

20" smooth dx 32

for the front, i have

smooth echo

smooth sun rhyno lite

smooth alex dm24

teny rim with a super light grind

i thinks thats all

Sorry to sound like a narsasistic Git.

But I think I might be your biggest Critic.

Having tried your pads 1st hand, and, sorry to say, Hating them, within 20 minutes of putting them on.

Thats another story.

Fair play to you in making them and all, hopefully these new pads/backings will work out for you.

If your finding they are more succesfull, please let me know and I will withdraw my hatred for your product.

But as you say, your not having much luck with ground rims.

Not trying to put you down, a Little constructive critasism never hurt anyone

Chris has been trying since mid summer to get these compounds right, and has made various moulds thrughout that time. The ones I have had on my smooth rim have been awesome. Problem is, after braking, you can visibly see rubber left on the rim.

Problem is, after braking, you can visibly see rubber left on the rim.

I'm using the Heatsink Konigs at the moment and they are the same as that, but the wear rate is good. I think in my case it's just when the pads are bedding in they lose material very fast, but once they're bedded in they are fine.

I'm using the Heatsink Konigs at the moment and they are the same as that, but the wear rate is good. I think in my case it's just when the pads are bedding in they lose material very fast, but once they're bedded in they are fine.

My plaz used to do the same when I had them on a smooth rim with a V.

I also run a smooth rim front and rear, with kool-stops, on the rear, I'd be interested in a set.

Im running a project for my A-level physics that involves testing the braking performance and properties of different manufacturer's pads on a smooth rim, and will be writing off to all the different manufacturers soon, to get random sample pads of thier different compounds, prototype materials, etc (at the moment, the only competitors would be Magura Blacks, kool stops, and koxx bloxx browns, and some other pads that dont fare particularly well on a smooth rim, but soon to be more!). I also run a smooth front rim, and I d be willing to test pads after the project that way too :lol:.

I may well be posting the results of the project on here if anyone is interested.

If you are interested, PM me.

Cheers,

Scott

Edited by SQuiT-man

how come whenever i asked you about the vee pads on msn you would ignore me, i only wanted a predicted date for release and what rim conditions they would be suitible for and it wasn't as if i asked often. my first impression of you was arrogant tosser, but i may be wrong. now i can ask on here, what is going to be the expected realease date of the v brake pads?

Sorry about that, i do not have much luck with email, and msn accounts. As it stands i want to concentrate on the maggie pads first, i did start work on the v-pads, but i have paused that for now. But when they do come out, i was thinking of having them available in the same compounds as the maggie pads, makes things at lot easier at my end.

are the vees still going to be the standard fittings with the post etc, sans the cnc'd backing?

The v-pads we started on, were standard. They were plastic with the metal post moulded into the backing. Then the pad glued into the backing, a bit like with the power pad backings.

We never got a far as making the mould for the v-pads, as we have been making many different shaped moulds for the maggie pads. We now have three differnt moulds for the maggie pads.