Ymsa Comps 06

DrEvil270183

Hey up, stood at back so couldnt really hear much but heard something about changing rules to UCI, got that bit..but something about an option?

wasnt sure if it was option for people to ride UCI or BIU (sp) or the option for the winners of each championship to move up or not.

basically im confused lol,

anyonw care to shed some light :ermm:

cheers, Tim.

Edited by DrEvil270183

Hey up, stood at back so couldnt really hear much but heard something about changing rules to UCI, got that bit..but something about an option?

wasnt sure if it was option for people to ride UCI or BIU (sp) or the option for the winners of each championship to move up or not.

basically im confused lol,

anyonw care to shed some light :ermm:

cheers, Tim.

I think you will find it is the option to move up or not that Dave Butler was talking about which is something we have always had at YMSA comps.

Change to UCI rules was news to me too but, hey, why not. I guess that if you want to do BIU comps there are already lots of clubs to choose from but up until now, or should I say from 2006, you will have a choice that you didn't have before.

Lets be positive about the changes that a new organiser is bound to bring along.

Lets move on

Steve

Im pretty sure the other organizers will stick to BIU rules, and the British champs will most certainly (99% sure) be BIU.

YMSA is one of a few clubs organizing comps, there's TykeTrial (still alive?), EBTC and probably some that i've forgotten...

This is gonna be awesome if they are UCI! I really love riding natural stuff UCI-stylee, plus it'll put a cat amongst the pigeons of those style-less bastards who just go "Pedal to bash to two wheels" up every slight step up B)

Really looking forward to the YMSA's next year, gutted I didn't get to any this year B)

Well done for catering for a different style of comp-age too, it's nice to see someone playing around with the way comps are done in the UK :-

am i the only person who thinks UCI's crap :)

no, from what i've heard i think its to exclusive to the top riders. we'd all like to be able to make big moves without using pedals and bashes but we've got to learn. in uci we proabably wouldnt even get out of a section. ;) i guess there'll be a lot of 5's. ;)

no, from what i've heard i think its to exclusive to the top riders. we'd all like to be able to make big moves without using pedals and bashes but we've got to learn. in uci we proabably wouldnt even get out of a section. :) i guess there'll be a lot of 5's. ;)

You guessed wrong then ;)

The sections will be, like they were at Tech, made to be the same standard in UCI as they would be BIU. By that I mean the UCI ones will be made differently, taking into account the different rule systems, so there's not gonna be super hard, massive, Livigno style sections.

If you get me?

Either way, they're obviously not gonna make the sections so hrd they're undoable 'cos people wouldn't turn up would they? ;)

no, from what i've heard i think its to exclusive to the top riders. we'd all like to be able to make big moves without using pedals and bashes but we've got to learn. in uci we proabably wouldnt even get out of a section. :D i guess there'll be a lot of 5's. (Y)

well if riding uci instantly means everyones going to 5 how come so few riders at fort william ended on 105?

when i rode the NBR comp i actually rode uci for almost the entire comp just because thats the way i ride, i dont use my bash or pedals unless i f**k up and i think thats a far nicer way of riding.

there is definately space in the uk for more variety in trials comps, as we proved at easter bikebattles can be great fun and a nice change, biu comps are nice because thats what alot of club level comps are but there is also room for uci comps, it means that if your at the top end of a category you can ride uci and be slightly more challenged.

if there were no uci comps and bikebattles next year i feel it would be a huge loss to trials in the uk but that does not mean biu rules should be scrapped, basically just go to the comp and ride it regardless of the rules, you'll have a laugh and maybe find a new style of riding you hadn't tried before...

*rant over*

when i rode the NBR comp i actually rode uci for almost the entire comp just because thats the way i ride, i dont use my bash or pedals unless i f**k up and i think thats a far nicer way of riding.

Ching ching. Same as all the YMSA comps I've ridden. I *hate* going to bash or pedals on anything, so I always try and ride it UCI-style. That's why it should be interesting seeing the certain comp riders who take the easy route of just going to pedal or bash up everything have to adjust and raise their game a little...

yes dave bulter looks like hes been into trials for along time so hes gonna bring loads of stuff to the trials, and the sections hes set out were pretty cool, he did have some interesting ideas on how to ride the sections which iv never thought of before (Y)