Anyone Know Of This Rim ?

Thom

Are they ceramic sidewalls or is it "disc only"?

Reminds me of the Tioga rim...

nope they aren't ceramic sidewalls, i think only mavic do them. They are just machined i think so no its not a disk only rim either. Definitely v brake compatible.

says on the site:

Essentially, it's a BMX (Big City) rim rolled big.

Big City rims are VERY popular amongst all of the BMXers I know. They are really good rims. If the 20" rim is any kind of testament to it then these will build into darned tough wheels that won't bust the scales.

x Dani x

^^^^I was considering them as they are pretty cheap and seem to be strong but 48mm is too wide for my liking. I think I'll give the kingpin a try then if I can get them, should I be worried that its a pinned rim ? I've only ever had welded.

dont worry about pinned rims, most trials rims are, basically only mavic weld them

anyways id definately go for that over koxx/echo/wank/any of the other wide rims cos sun use less cheesy metal (Y) although really id advise alex rims if you want wide-they are the closest to mavic quality imo

I think mavics are shite, weak joints imo

I think mavics are shite, weak joints imo

are you sure? im reckoning you have just had 1 break and are jumping onto a 'mavic are shit' bandwagon, cos i think the majority of stock roders on this forum will disagree, i know i certainly do

im trying to work out how a pinned and welded joint is weak, compared to the standard pinned joint.......? personally ive never had a problem with either, but id prefer to have the weld too, just for peace of mind

yeah I had no problem with my mavic rim still going strong but i was looking for something a bit wider plus i wanted another wheelset for my other bike.

is this sun rim available in 24" smile.gif

yes the kingpin is available in 24" in the picture above the smaller rim is the 24".