Cool Stop's

smelly joe

i am going to grind my rims but cannot afford any new pads to use on them. i was wondering if using cool stop pads on a ground would be any good, or should i wait until i have the money before to get new pads before i grind them.

ive been told by some people that cool stops are ok to use but others have said they are rubbish.

thanks for any help

i am going to grind my rims but cannot afford any new pads to use on them. i was wondering if using cool stop pads on a ground would be any good, or should i wait until i have the money before to get new pads before i grind them.

ive been told by some people that cool stops are ok to use but others have said they are rubbish.

thanks for any help

They crap on a grind, they just make a VERY loud high pitched sqeel and slip lol.

They also fly apart like dust!

Anything straight out of magura is going to be rubbish. I personally hate maguras but it's the only decent brake power we have so we have to stick with it. There ok and my brake works really well but everything is made out of shitty cast metal which breaks easily. The pads arn't much better than this, they are pretty rubbish pads with no lock. Save up some cash and maybe get some second hand koxx bloxx!?

Cough*reds*cough

But grindiing your rim is definatley a good decision.

By the way, it's Kool stops (Y)

i used to use them on a grind not a harsh one and they were ace and i only used to use a little bit of tar and now i use them on a non grinded rim and its even better i only need to put a tiny bit of tar on once a week and it lasts and locks makes a nice sound.. they are ace.. then ive got heatsinks on the front there ok but they dont work as well as my kool stops...

the problem i have is that i just use tar, and with the wet weather setting in tar is becoming useless. also i do not have the money to spend on a new set of pads to use on a grind.

these posts are quite varied and making me doubt what to do.

i would also like to know why do good pads cost so much if there only a small peice or rubber??

the problem i have is that i just use tar, and with the wet weather setting in tar is becoming useless. also i do not have the money to spend on a new set of pads to use on a grind.

these posts are quite varied and making me doubt what to do.

i would also like to know why do good pads cost so much if there only a small peice or rubber??

i found that when i had cool stops on a grind they just fly appart so i bought some plazmatics and they work great and last for ages