The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

Nozmeister or me? Since I don't know Nozmeister he may well be, but he just posted up there he thinks he might be more like 10% (which I must say is still pretty damn lean). I know for a fact I'm currently at about 6%, but it was prettymuch my LIFE for 2 years, lol...

6% that's insane. (Y)

Why so low?

Beer will give you... hair loss, kidney damage, liver damage, get you fat, lower your sperm count, give you mood swings/make you violent, give you cancer

Yet how many people do you know who've f**ked themselfs up with all those things from a few pints?

The fact is, yes they CAN do that to you, but you google ANY drug, or substance you can put into your body, including weed, alcohol, tabaco etc and they all have these massive lists of so called 'effects' which are for the most part, hype - and though are all true to an extent aren't be all and end all side effects.

You'd have to ABUSE steriods over a long time to get those kind of side effects (other than the lower sperm count and mood swings which are instant side effects of being on steriods, but 100% correct themselfs at the end of your cycle).

There is a big difference between USE and ABUSE, not just in steriods, in anything.

The Pro leages are just as heavily tested. There is a way around pretty much every single test currently given, every current substance has a counter substance which will make it read negative on tests. But it's a very murky area, they know they are using, but turn a blind eye - the drug tests are very lax, more for show than anything - so they conform to health and safety standards.

Alexx , i love you.... (Y) you just saved me from typing that myself!! hehe! everying alexx just said there is 99.9% correct.. The only immediate side effect is moodyness and occasional 'spots' on your back depending on the person and the type of steroid.. the lowered sperm count though only comes with higher doses when you come off the roids at the end of the cycle, as the body detects the Too high testosterone levels durin the cycle and shuts off its own supply, so when you come off the roids, theres none being produced.. the body normally sorts this out itsself, but if it doesnt, then you can have a HCG which is a eastrogen injection, tricking the body into thinking theres too much eastorgen being produced and kicking off the testosterone supply to nutralize it.

The way i find out is at the gym, where the instructor people use the tongy things, and then attach them to a computer to work it out...came as 5% about a week ago.

But after alexx said theyre inaccurate..maybe im more than that, i dont know (Y)

ive wanted to do weight training, and abs, but my questions are: am i too young? i am 14 years old, but i'm very big for my age, broad not fat.

can i go in a gym at my age?

is it costy?, because i don't want to be spending alot of money just to get my body looking good

cheers guys (Y)

Well i go to JJB gym and its amazing realy nice place, and huge, costs me 35 a month which aint at all bad for what there is, full weight training section, tredmills, cycling machines etc, and lots of classes on self defence and boxing etc all included in the price, and theres a pool, sauna etc.

Advice: Join a gym and youll never regrette it.

You guys are absolutely hilarious.

You can easily gain 7 pounds, or a half stone, in 2 months...you can gain 2-3 pounds a week if you train correctly. I'm not saying you are going to put on .5 stone of muscle but guaranteed it will be partly muscle, lots of water weight and some fat. It's called bulking. If you go to a BB gym you should know this already. BBers bulk for months on end, when their competition is coming up is when they start to cut. When you see them in the offseason they look like fat f**ks, when its competition time they are down to ~6% body fat but they are weak as shit because of the horrible calorie deficit. Go eat 5k+ calories a day, every day, and properly train...you must do squats and deadlifts, trials won't get your legs as strong as lifting would. and you will see serious weight gains if you don't just do upper body.

Most people here are all tiny and young, you couldn't maintain 6% body fat for too long a period...8-9 is fine, but 6 and under is competition level and your body wouldn't be happy with that for a long time. Calipers are finicky, the only true test of body fat percentages are water tanks.

You can easily gain 7 pounds, or a half stone, in 2 months...you can gain 2-3 pounds a week if you train correctly. I'm not saying you are going to put on .5 stone of muscle but guaranteed it will be partly muscle, lots of water weight and some fat. It's called bulking. If you go to a BB gym you should know this already. BBers bulk for months on end, when their competition is coming up is when they start to cut. When you see them in the offseason they look like fat f**ks, when its competition time they are down to ~6% body fat but they are weak as shit because of the horrible calorie deficit. Go eat 5k+ calories a day, every day, and properly train...you must do squats and deadlifts, trials won't get your legs as strong as lifting would. and you will see serious weight gains if you don't just do upper body.

Most people here are all tiny and young, you couldn't maintain 6% body fat for too long a period...8-9 is fine, but 6 and under is competition level and your body wouldn't be happy with that for a long time. Calipers are finicky, the only true test of body fat percentages are water tanks.

Thank you I knew my scales were far out.

Ive never said I put on 7 pounds of mucles just weight and for me that doesnt come easily, I eat all day long and night and never used to put weight on my matabulism is stupidly quick

I may be small but Im fully grown at 21, stopped growing ages ago.

I dont do leg workouts becasue I dont feel I need to, my legs are pretty big compared to my upper body becasue of the 10 years of rriding a bike. Im bulking out, broadening my chesta dn arms. I dont care about my body fat all I know is Im not overweight or underweight for my height, Im fit and healthy with a normal blood count and colestoral thingy.

Edited by Michael Hardman

It's called bulking. If you go to a BB gym you should know this already. BBers bulk for months on end, when their competition is coming up is when they start to cut. When you see them in the offseason they look like fat f**ks,

Most people here are all tiny and young, you couldn't maintain 6% body fat for too long a period...8-9 is fine, but 6 and under is competition level and your body wouldn't be happy with that for a long time.

The part about not being happy at 6% isn't true for everyone, not by a long shot. I did a 6.5kcal/day heavy bulk for 17 months with just 3 weeks off in spaced out intervals. Though my overall weight went up by about 27lb my bodyfat went up aprox 1% - to 6%. In other words it doesn't matter what I do, 6% is my genetic roof at the moment, it's exactly where my body IS happy. As for if I AM at 6% or not, PM me, I'll attatch a couple of pictures - but I'm not posting them lol. (Y)

the arguement for the past 4 pages was about gaining 2stone of Muscle in 2 months ! my point being, you cant! with my kidney illness i put on 5 stone of water retention in 2 weeks! its called Edema. it stayed for 4 weeks while on high doese of medication, then went back down to 10 stone in 3 days!!! so yes, its obvious u can get 'Fat' or bloated with water to the extent of a 2 stone increase, but u cant put on 2 stone of muscle!

if anyone dont belive me about me putting on 5 stone of fluid in 2 weeks.. then i can prove it.. i dont want people calling me a liar...just ask and i will post pics etc.

Edited by RyanRs

alexx, ive seen pics before, but i want pics now...

same with this ryan"tyson" geeza, wheres the pics (Y)

hey, just cos i no a lot, dont mean im huge! but i will get some pics soon.. i did have some but i looked like a rite muppit, so i deleted them :@ ! lol

hey, just cos i no a lot, dont mean im huge! but i will get some pics soon.. i did have some but i looked like a rite muppit, so i deleted them :@ ! lol

sais it all really, u muppet :P :D

Heres alexxxxxxxx

he's a beast (Y) ( and these pics are 8 months old :$ )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/Ale...abs_chest_2.jpg chest

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/Alexx3k/chest_new.jpg again

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/Alexx3k/delts_new.jpg delts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/Alexx3k/back.jpg back

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/Alexx3k/one.jpg relaxed

the arguement for the past 4 pages was about gaining 2stone of Muscle in 2 months ! my point being, you cant! with my kidney illness i put on 5 stone of water retention in 2 weeks! its called Edema. it stayed for 4 weeks while on high doese of medication, then went back down to 10 stone in 3 days!!! so yes, its obvious u can get 'Fat' or bloated with water to the extent of a 2 stone increase, but u cant put on 2 stone of muscle!

if anyone dont belive me about me putting on 5 stone of fluid in 2 weeks.. then i can prove it.. i dont want people calling me a liar...just ask and i will post pics etc.

There's a big difference between training and putting on weight, and getting a disease though :D No point comparing.

My bathroom scales tell me I'm 15% fat and I'm hardly a porker. In fact I don't even eat pig (Y)

But still YOU muppet.. im bigger than alexx by the looks of his pics(no offence alexx).... looks good though..

i havent got a tensed pic at mo... heres a 3 month old pic when i just woke up,with a hangover, so i look like shit, but im completly relaxed and i dont look that big in it because of the way im standing.. im about a stone bigger now, and when i tense i literally blow up in size..

0318.jpg

ill get a tensed pic later this week

Fantastic form! :) You're actually a very similar style build to me currently in that picture, like lean, but lacking the kinda 'bulked mass' that makes you look big in a tshirt.

I am one of the smaller (smallest!) guys in my gym. I never claim to be big (Y) Genetically my metabolism makes that hard. :blink: One day I will be, but not for another few years - I'm not in a rush. Knowledge isn't power, using it is :P

Plus I didn't actually post pics lol (Y) >_< Damn joe lol

lol, cheers dude... its strange when in the gym, just with the rate everythin blows up! and all the lil veins dilate! i look like a lil bodybuilder... but people dont realise that you have to get like that when in a workout, to have a nice 'relaxed' shape.

i dont like posting pics to be honest neither.. but i will get one of at the gym next time i go.

i feel i no enough about the subjct for me to achieve what i want.. plus im the sort of person that asks a lot of questions and takes it all in lol :blink: but your rite about the knowledge thing... theres blatently loads of kids out there with degrees in body science etc that are either obease or like stick insects!!

>_<

I need get my six pack back!! >_<

Can any of you guys reconmend how i do this?

You can see the shape already forming, but i think theres just abit too much fat there to make the muscles pop out so you can see it :blink:

How do i get this fat away?

Diet maybe?

I eat really healithy, pasta most of the time n stuff like that.

I might do some really intense fitness training to loose some weight tommorow night.

Like bike n running machine and rowing machine aswell n stuff.

Would that help?

Edited by terror-error

I need get my six pack back!! >_<

Can any of you guys reconmend how i do this?

You can see the shape already forming, but i think theres just abit too much fat there to make the muscles pop out so you can see it :blink:

How do i get this fat away?

Diet maybe?

I eat really healithy, pasta most of the time n stuff like that.

I might do some really intense fitness training to loose some weight tommorow night.

Like bike n running machine and rowing machine aswell n stuff.

Would that help?

if you want more definition you have to go through a 'fat' looking stage 1st.. you eat loads of carbs, protien etc.. lots of meat and pasta and you will start to loose ur definition, but ur muscles will be growing underneith.. then when you feel you have trained enough, you change ur workout and diet.. do a more aerobic excersize and eat more salads etc.... then the layer of carbs / fat thats covering up your definition will get used up and dissapear.. leaving you looking toned and very defined. (cutting up)

but if u wana get bigger, u cant really gain size while looking ripped at the same time.. u need to have the stock up of carbs etc for your body to take nutrients from while in the process of rebuilding muscle tissue.

anyways, i looked for ur pic and couldnt find it... post it again..

edit- was it you or Michael Hardman that said they have a pic??

Edited by RyanRs