The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

If I tense my stomach I can fel 6 nice muscles under here but untensioned its fabby

Yeah, im exactly the same, i can feel the muscles underneath there, they are really hard at that, but i think its the fat ontop of them ect...

I think im weird, cause on the right of my abs, i have 3, then on the left side, i can only feel 2 :) :P :P :P

Yeah, im exactly the same, i can feel the muscles underneath there, they are really hard at that, but i think its the fat ontop of them ect...

I think im weird, cause on the right of my abs, i have 3, then on the left side, i can only feel 2 :) :P :P :P

Hardly weird at all.. some people have 8 abs... some have nothing (fat people :-p)

Do any of you get lumps of what feel like muscle on your elbow?

I just have a lump all the time and when i clench my fist it gets bigger and tenses?

Just wondered if thats wright?

PS: it's only on my left elbow so it's not becasue of too much wanking.

Edited by Joe_Elding

Haha Joe.

My question is how to I lose weight on my stomach, I dont drink much so thats easy to cut out.

I dont want to be losing weight all over my body as Im skinny enough its just the stomach area that there seems to be more fat.

Im thinking of changing my workout now to abs building and alot of running and rowing machine.

Haha Joe.

My question is how to I lose weight on my stomach, I dont drink much so thats easy to cut out.

I dont want to be losing weight all over my body as Im skinny enough its just the stomach area that there seems to be more fat.

Im thinking of changing my workout now to abs building and alot of running and rowing machine.

Losing weight on your stomache is one of the hardest places. Its always the last place for it to go.. so basically.. without getting rid of any excess fat everywhere else.. good luck

If you want to build muscle bulk then do few reps of heavy lifts and get someone to spot you.

If you want to tone and define muscle do lots of light lifts.

If you are serious about it, eat lots of chicken and fish and try and break up each session with an endurance day like running, rowing or boxing.

Cant go wrong with that really!! :)

shit.

Il just do tonnes of shit ups and see what happens :D

Sounds easy doesnt it.. but it isnt. You can do 100000000 sit ups ( your shit ups sound interesting :D p) but all it will do is strengthen your abs to a point.. like your core. Its hard to explain like basically.. everyone has abs... doing sit ups etc will make them grow and become stronger.. but you still wont be able to see them because of the fat there. The best way to get rid of fat is to do cardio at 70 ish % of your max heart rate. If you go flat out doing cardio you just burn off carbs as they are the easiest for the body to burn. If you go at 55 - 70% your at your peak for burning fat. Dont ask me to go in to it more its just something ive read and been told by a couple of distance runnners, i could dig it up if your all THAT interested.

Think of it this way.. a huge guy in a gym could get on a ab crunching machine and do a stupidly high setting. Yet you cant see his abs for shit.. because hes covered in fat as well.. his abs may be huge but they are covered.

Oh yea and i have nothing on alex and ryanrs... im 61kg... which for building is stupidly small :( i need to be eating more frequently but its near enough impossible with a 32 hour week of lectures to find the time to actually... well.. eat ( and i mean proper food.. not chocolate bars here and there). My fat % seems to be going up slowly.. only on my stomache though at the moment.. but meh... give it a year and ill hopefully be in better condition.

Edited by Spacemunkee

Do any of you get lumps of what feel like muscle on your elbow?

I just have a lump all the time and when i clench my fist it gets bigger and tenses?

Just wondered if thats wright?

PS: it's only on my left elbow so it's not becasue of too much wanking.

OK then anyone know if this is a urgent problem which could result in death? Or can i just leave it an sya its muscle ??

LOL i assume hes talking about the MUSCLE on top of his elbow joint, no idea what its called or owt, but its on everyone.

I have them both sides, one side bigger than the other, but it would be as most people use one arm more than the other. The fact it gets bigger and harder when you tense up in a particular direction should make it pretty clear its muscle. Not gonna kill you!!

Pro level paint shop scetch to show said loction of bluge.... odds on you only feel it when your arms at 90° + yeh?

"six pack abs" are made in the kitchen...some people have 6, some have 5, some have 8- this is completely determined by genetics. A great diet and some cardio will pull them out nicely.

Don't try to gain too much weight for trials, I went from to 11.6 stone (163 pounds) earlier in the year to 13.2 stone (185) right now, you can feel it on the drops and stuff (Y)

I really couldnt be arsd training last night, and ATM cant be arsd tonight lol, but i think il just work chest and arms tonight. i went on the bike for 25 mins yesterday at 79RPM all the way (fast as fook) and loads of people were standing round me watching (Y) lol

i weighed myself, and i only weigh 68KG <_< (N)

I really couldnt be arsd training last night, and ATM cant be arsd tonight lol, but i think il just work chest and arms tonight. i went on the bike for 25 mins yesterday at 79RPM all the way (fast as fook) and loads of people were standing round me watching (Y) lol

i weighed myself, and i only weigh 68KG <_< (N)

25 mins on level 1 difficulty :)

isnt 80rpm the speed you have to maintain with the annoying flashy red light though? i havent been on a bike machine in a while so i dont know

But still YOU muppet.. im bigger than alexx by the looks of his pics(no offence alexx).... looks good though..

i havent got a tensed pic at mo... heres a 3 month old pic when i just woke up,with a hangover, so i look like shit, but im completly relaxed and i dont look that big in it because of the way im standing.. im about a stone bigger now, and when i tense i literally blow up in size..

0318.jpg

ill get a tensed pic later this week

I wanna look like that, but just do it in a week <_<

(N)

25 mins on level 1 difficulty (Y)

isnt 80rpm the speed you have to maintain with the annoying flashy red light though? i havent been on a bike machine in a while so i dont know

lol.

The ones at my gym are VERY dear, they expensive as fook (N) lol

It says the RPM you should be aiming for 57RPM, i was pedalling at 80RPM, (or around that speed, sometimes 78 n shit)

Its really hard to do lol.

I really CBA to go tonight, but my cousin is picking me up tonight at 6, so il have to go <_< , il just drink a MAXI POWER really quick and have a power flap jack, that should get my hyper enough to work out well :)