The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

Are we talking aboiut the spinning room at most gyms.

I duno lol.

Just the "2nd floor" at "bodytek" (mint name :D ) I love the gym, was cool tonight actually, just have a caffinekick, bloody lurvly stuff like! lol

My cousin is weak as shit and hes like 5 years older than me ^_^

(his first time there today in ages though)

i dont use any of these tremills , rowing machines and excersize bikes... i dont see the point, i think there more for fat people trying to loose weight.. and by 'fat' i mean chunky!!! not someone with a bit of a bellie!

yeah i see what you mean ryan, but you can also use them to build stamina and to make your heart healither (if you havnt got a healthy heart :turned: ) cause it gets the blood pumpin n shit

yeah i see what you mean ryan, but you can also use them to build stamina and to make your heart healither (if you havnt got a healthy heart :P ) cause it gets the blood pumpin n shit

My heart = gay, I can't get to that 70% of your max heart rate thing, I got it to 110 going full welly on an exercise bike, <50 at resting :turned: Sexy.

i dont use any of these tremills , rowing machines and excersize bikes... i dont see the point, i think there more for fat people trying to loose weight.. and by 'fat' i mean chunky!!! not someone with a bit of a bellie!

Its gotta help for actual fitness though surely? weight training won't help you run around for 90 miutes or wahtever..

Although I have lost interest in those kinda machines, don't have the time for it these days.

got to remember that muscle burns calories, so the more weight training you do the more calories you burn, therefore in theory you are right, you could loose a belly just buy having big muscles (and eating correctly).

And i think spinning rooms are something totally different to excersise bike btw Michael.

And 57rpm may be what it tells you to aim for 'terror error' but I can assure you thats is real rslow whatever level you got it on. 100+ rpm is more like it for serious training....Like treadmills are all about running at at least 13.5/14Kph etc... none of this pussy shit :turned: I only do rowing machines now, as they are proper punishing... more than 1500m is hard work on hard settings, though at 30 strokes a minute it would be...

yeah i see what you mean ryan, but you can also use them to build stamina and to make your heart healither (if you havnt got a healthy heart (Y) ) cause it gets the blood pumpin n shit

true, it can make u more fit... and more sramina etc..... but its not good to mix too much aerobic exercise with anerobic exercise, cos it just doesnt work... if you want to have a decent six pack and definition (without lookin like a 14yr old skinny boy that finks hes got the body of peter aundre! but in reality he just looks like he has been starved half to death!) then you need to Grow the muscles before cutting up etc...

if you try and train aerobic while trying to build muscle, you will not grow quick at all... as the aerobic will be making u use up your stores of carbs etc which is required by your muscles to grow.

i find that riding my bike gives me plenty a work out , it does me legs fine... i never train my legs at the gym, and if i did, they would be stupid size as there already big from riding 5 years..

but riding the bike too much is also bad when trying to build up muscle!

I barley EVER go on the areobic machines, i just felt like going on them the other night cause i finished training and had lots of energy lol.

Im hardley ever on my bike now, parcially cause i dont really have anyone to ride with any more (Y) and cause my bike pisses me off ALL the time!! lol

lol... its mad isnt it! people think that cos im muscly and in good shape, that i am super fit etc.. but i can barely swim a whole length of my local swimingpool!!

i can ride me trials bike pritty far, but i think thats more stamina as i have rode it for like 5 years now. but i tend to find my legs burn, and feel like theyll cramp up, before i come physically nackered.

lmao 10, 000 is crazy !

i did 1500 m on level 8 in just iover 10 minutes when i used to go and got up and felt like collapsing but theres no where to sit .

just have to go on one of the benches and do low weights so it looks like your not slacking hehe.

i will start going to my local again soon though now winter is kicking in :P

lol... its mad isnt it! people think that cos im muscly and in good shape, that i am super fit etc.. but i can barely swim a whole length of my local swimingpool!!

same here, i struggle doing half a length!

another reason not to train legs is they use up protein, and stop it reching other areas where it is needed more such as arms, chest etc

See Im quite lucky, I dont drink much , maybe once a week, I dont eat a lot of shit anymore. I concentrate on packing loads of carbs in and then protein after any workout. I dont smoke, dont so drugs.

Ive been keeping this up for 2months and a bit now and thats an achievement for me so I will not be stopping anytime soon.

I find swiming hard, Im nott he best and Ineve rliked it becasue I had to wear my glasses when swimming and going under the water is hard with glasses on. I doubt I could even do a width now, I havent been swimming for 10 years.

Iconcentrating on stomach and back now, starting with 500 metres of rowing machine and finsihing with 1000 of rowing machine as my warm up and down as well as a bit of cardio.

Edited by Michael Hardman