The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

Im a spice boy at heart and want a six pack if i keep up doing situps itll help my abs show but ive also gotta loose my belly so im cutting down on the shit i eat.

cos apparaently u can have f**king excellent abs and they wont show cos of ur belly.

join me.

Does riding reduce my belly?

If you do 100 sit ups a day, your muscles WONT get bigger, your body will just get used to doing them, so if you break down your work outs, like, do diffrent catergorys each day (look at my work out earlier on in the post (Y) )

Than your muscles will start to increase (Y)

You doing your situps in sets? and how are you doing them.. legs raised etc?

On saturdays we usually do a quick ab session at the gym before normal weights.

Consists of 5 sets:

50 first set

As many as you can do for the final.

Then use machines for different ab workouts.. which you wont be able to do since you arent at a gym (Y)

Also dont do just the same form of situp.. look on the net for various techniques and try them for each set. Like terror said.. your body will just get used to doing them. So you really have to keep it guessing. Its like people who cant do 10 press ups.. then keep doing them till they can do 40 etc. Its just the body getting used to it but you wont really notice much strength gains or muscles showing.

Edited by Spacemunkee

i'm 13 about to turn 14, am around 5"6 and i want to start bulking up on my arms. i've got lots of weights in my house but i've heard that doing them when young stunts your growth? will i be okay? i want to be focusing on my biceps and forearms so if anyone could tell me the best techniques to build them using barbells or dumbells please let me know.

cheers danny

5 kgs..f**k that go for 22.1 or whatever 45 pounds is for pullups.

I went to a gymnastics gym, f**k is that shit hard...not necessarily strenght but TONs of technique on top of it- the foam pit was great to try flips into!

Im a wee lad.

Any way gymnatics is crazy was going there with jimbo for about 2 months as hes into his break dancing. All I could do was front fli, and double leg but it was fun.

Some of the guys there has too much upper body strength

i want to be focusing on my biceps and forearms so if anyone could tell me the best techniques to build them using barbells or dumbells please let me know.

cheers danny

no triceps then?

thats one of the biggest mistakes made by beginners! they overtrain biceps and completely neglect triceps, which causes injury. biceps are one muscle, and account for 1/3rd of your upper arm, triceps make up the other 2/3rds compromising of three seperate muscles, which are a harder to build than biceps. Have a look at some of the training splits on the LA muscle website (Y)

link

and like alexx said, it all means nothing without diet!!

Edited by Wayne-king

I had a good day today, concentrating on broading my shoulder area, my chest area is fine now, dont want to over do it ans look a funny shape.

Im weighing in at 10 stone 5lbs now so thats close to a stone added, say its water retention I dont care, its still a considerable increase for me the person that never gianed weight i nthe past (*before the gym)

Ive been folowing the guide for hard gainers, need to have another look at it now to see where to go next.

In the first year of going to the gym, you will notice (if you train properly) that your muscles will increase quite abit and you will get stonger quite fast, this is because your body is new to it and its starting to grow quicker, then after, say, 1 year, your body starts to slow down with muscle growth, because it isnt new to training any more.

"trialsking 55" if your 13, im not too sure that you will have that stuff in your muscles (cant remember what its called now (Y) ) that makes them grow (Y) , but you could still give it a go! :)

Im weighing in at 10.8 now, but when i first started i weighed 10.13 i think, so i havnt really added much weight on.

I think its because, before i started to work out, i was eating loads of shit, and most of it was just shit n fat, and now i have stopped and most of the fat has gone and its muscle now :D :D :D

"trialsking 55" if your 13, im not too sure that you will have that stuff in your muscles (cant remember what its called now :S ) that makes them grow :( , but you could still give it a go! :)

Testosterone.

Yer trialsking I wouldn't start training until your 14/15. At 13 I doubt your body will have started to produce Testosterone yet and it will be physically impossible to increase your muscle without the use of steroids.

Testosterone.

Yer trialsking I wouldn't start training until your 14/15. At 13 I doubt your body will have started to produce Testosterone yet and it will be physically impossible to increase your muscle without the use of steroids.

Thats the one boyo :( :S

Man. i think the gym is my second home now :) lol

In the first year of going to the gym, you will notice (if you train properly) that your muscles will increase quite abit and you will get stonger quite fast, this is because your body is new to it and its starting to grow quicker, then after, say, 1 year, your body starts to slow down with muscle growth, because it isnt new to training any more.

"trialsking 55" if your 13, im not too sure that you will have that stuff in your muscles (cant remember what its called now :S ) that makes them grow :( , but you could still give it a go! :)

Im weighing in at 10.8 now, but when i first started i weighed 10.13 i think, so i havnt really added much weight on.

I think its because, before i started to work out, i was eating loads of shit, and most of it was just shit n fat, and now i have stopped and most of the fat has gone and its muscle now :P (Y) (Y)

I am making sure I eat properlyjust before I go to the gym and after.

That thing about after a year at the gym I can deal with by then I hope to have bulked up enough to be happy and then Ill be happy. Im not looking to become super big just bigger than I am now, bit braoder in the upper body, more defined muscles then Ill lay off and ease up a bit.

Lol, i eat shit loads of pasta! lol

But i dont really eat much food at all really, so if i do eat summit, its more than likly gonna be pasta (i eat my eveming dinner though) which is mainly pork n stuf... YUM! :P

Iv bulked up quite abit since i started going, used to only JUSt be abelt o bench 30kg with abit of a struggle, and died when i tryed 35, now im doing my own body weight with a stuggle! :S (for all you people that dont know much, benching your own body weight is VERY good!!!!!) :( :)