The Gym Thread...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

Yeah this thread is worthless without pics :-

Let me go get changed into something more gym orientated.

The 80kg on the pull down was jsut a one off I was testingthe water, I know its weigh too heavy for me and normally I am on doing 55kg on narrowest grip and 50 on wideest grip. My shoulder and back muslces need some work.

I need to broaden my shoulders now so thats what Ill be doing for next month.

on another note, how many girls find a 20 + yr old doin tricks on a bike attractive ?? most of them will tell u to grow up and would be embarised to tell there friends that thir bf rides a pushbike

Yes, but I'm doing this for fun and because I enjoy it, whereas you've said yourself you're doing it to try and become attractive to people. If someone would be 'embarrased' to know me because I ride a bike, they can go f**k themselves. If they don't like a major facet of who I am, then it's unlikely we're going to be friends anyway :-

My life doesn't solely revolve around how other people see me.

steroids are only said to be bad because the goverment have spread bad roumors about the stuff to put people off... Just like Magic Mushrooms!!! what actual harm do they do?! :-

erm...let me think....hair loss, kidney damage, liver damage, severe achne (most commonly on the back) lower sperm count, can lead to mood swings/behaviour problems..... thats about all i can remember off the top of my head

so yeah, no harm done at all B)

i dont now much about the mr universe contests, but natural body builders are heavily drug tested (hence why companies like maximuscle, weider, york etc carry out drug tests for banned substances on all supplement batches)

and terror-error, i would love to see you lat pull down 20 reps on 110 kg (thats at least 40kg more than your body weight), you wouldn't manage 1, i dont give a shit how strong you say you are, the heaviest i do is 10 reps on 63kg (and that isnt particuarly easy)

and terror-error, i would love to see you lat pull down 20 reps on 110 kg (thats at least 40kg more than your body weight), you wouldn't manage 1, i dont give a shit how strong you say you are, the heaviest i do is 10 reps on 63kg (and that isnt particuarly easy)

lol, I would love to see myself do that aswell! like i said, im sure the stickers on the weights are TOTALLY wrong, because, the weight only feels like 30KG.... I can only do 55KG max on the "proper" one on the middle floor on the gym.

I think the stickers are wrong for the women, "i can pull down 80KG" but its really like 20 muahaha

Is that why tall people can weigh more and be slimmer? You have it the wrong way round, you don't get many stocky tall people.

I know loads of people that are atleast 6.4ish foot that have a massive body build....

Im only 5.4foot, i dont think i look "stocky" at all :-

erm...let me think....hair loss, kidney damage, liver damage, severe achne (most commonly on the back) lower sperm count, can lead to mood swings/behaviour problems..... thats about all i can remember off the top of my head

Beer will give you... hair loss, kidney damage, liver damage, get you fat, lower your sperm count, give you mood swings/make you violent, give you cancer

Yet how many people do you know who've f**ked themselfs up with all those things from a few pints?

The fact is, yes they CAN do that to you, but you google ANY drug, or substance you can put into your body, including weed, alcohol, tabaco etc and they all have these massive lists of so called 'effects' which are for the most part, hype - and though are all true to an extent aren't be all and end all side effects.

You'd have to ABUSE steriods over a long time to get those kind of side effects (other than the lower sperm count and mood swings which are instant side effects of being on steriods, but 100% correct themselfs at the end of your cycle).

There is a big difference between USE and ABUSE, not just in steriods, in anything.

i dont now much about the mr universe contests, but natural body builders are heavily drug tested

The Pro leages are just as heavily tested. There is a way around pretty much every single test currently given, every current substance has a counter substance which will make it read negative on tests. But it's a very murky area, they know they are using, but turn a blind eye - the drug tests are very lax, more for show than anything - so they conform to health and safety standards.

The Pro leages are just as heavily tested. There is a way around pretty much every single test currently given, every current substance has a counter substance which will make it read negative on tests. But it's a very murky area, they know they are using, but turn a blind eye - the drug tests are very lax, more for show than anything - so they conform to health and safety standards.

So how many in the like main bodybuilding contests are 100% natural?

5% is very low. Thats pretty much pro bodybuilder bodyfat levels (4ish%), around 5% you have rock solid abs and can see the direction of the fibres in your muscles etc. Bodyfat calipers / testers get very in-accurate on the lower scale, its not uncommon for them to say 10-12% as half that.

The national average in the UK for males is 16.4% bodyfat.

Random Example < bad photo, but just the first one I found of 5%, thats one of the guys off a forum I post on. Thats pretty much what 5% looks like, infact I'd say thats closer to 5.5%.

I change between about 5% - 6% depending on the time of year. I'm currently 155lb so if my maths is right 11.8 stone. Which is a stone down on my weight this time last year, bleh... but one thing you learn over time with bodybuilding is weight means NOTHING. Litrally nothing, you can have one 150lb guy at 6'0 who is 150% the size of another 150lb guy at 6'0. It's all about ratios and makeup, even two people of the same bodyfat and weight can be massively different.

5% is very low. Thats pretty much pro bodybuilder bodyfat levels (4ish%), around 5% you have rock solid abs and can see the direction of the fibres in your muscles etc. Bodyfat calipers / testers get very in-accurate on the lower scale, its not uncommon for them to say 10-12% as half that.

The national average in the UK for males is 16.4% bodyfat.

Random Example < bad photo, but just the first one I found of 5%, thats one of the guys off a forum I post on. Thats pretty much what 5% looks like, infact I'd say thats closer to 5.5%.

I change between about 5% - 6% depending on the time of year. I'm currently 155lb so if my maths is right 11.8 stone. Which is a stone down on my weight this time last year, bleh... but one thing you learn over time with bodybuilding is weight means NOTHING. Litrally nothing, you can have one 150lb guy at 6'0 who is 150% the size of another 150lb guy at 6'0. It's all about ratios and makeup, even two people of the same bodyfat and weight can be massively different.

lol yeah thats exactly what i look like :-

maybe inaccurate, ive always been really skinny though, cant be more than 10%.

Nah, honestly, i think im round about 20(ish)% body fat, that why its hard to see my muscles when im not working out :)

On this crap special key body fat reader i'm 14.7% body fat. And i'm quite skinny. So to the person who said they were 5% might want to meaure up again. (Y)

On this crap special key body fat reader i'm 14.7% body fat. And i'm quite skinny. So to the person who said they were 5% might want to meaure up again. (Y)

Nozmeister or me? Since I don't know Nozmeister he may well be, but he just posted up there he thinks he might be more like 10% (which I must say is still pretty damn lean). I know for a fact I'm currently at about 6%, but it was prettymuch my LIFE for 2 years, lol...