Cable Or Hydrolic?

ollie

I run a vee on the front (avid sd7 lever with sd3 brake) works very well, good modulation and practically never needs adjusting either. I run a hs33 on the back, again a nice brake, but im gonna get a grind soon so it will be even better. (Y) :lol:

I run a vee on the front (avid sd7 lever with sd3 brake) works very well, good modulation and practically never needs adjusting either. I run a hs33 on the back, again a nice brake, but im gonna get a grind soon so it will be even better. (Y) :lol:

Same but with a deore not avid and i have a grind i agree with him! (N)

after 6 years of running a rear maggie, I am switching to a vee, more power, nicer feel.

I run a maggie marta disk with shimano lever of the front, its pretty good but hasnt got enough lever adjustment for my liking.

Got a hope mono trials which I am gonna try out again sometime.

after 6 years of running a rear maggie, I am switching to a vee, more power, nicer feel.

I run a maggie marta disk with shimano lever of the front, its pretty good but hasnt got enough lever adjustment for my liking.

Got a hope mono trials which I am gonna try out again sometime.

go ali (Y)

i run a rear v on both my mod and stock-they take the piss on how nice they are (hs33s are shit in comparison in my experience)

on the front im undecided-no no to hs33 of course, but i kinda liked running hydro disc, cable disc and a v-they all have their pros and cons-but in general a hydro front disc feels best and is most reliable :lol:

best combo ive found for me is: avid juicy 185mm disc upfront (no upgrades-but some ebc red pads would make it unbelieveable), and at the rear avid ultimate callipers, linear slick, plaz crvs and a ultimate/xtr lever(i like both)

thats what i run on my mod-and its top notch braking (N)

Magura Louise FR front and a HS33 05 rear with (soon to be koxx browns [tommorow night hopfully]) but ATM it has one heatsink blue and one plaz :P lol

I like the louise, but one problem i find with it, that its lost some one off power the last few days (probably cause i havnt been giving my bike much attention) and my rear rim is cracked in 8 diffrent places now, so it just rips my pads apart :turned:

avid bb7 up the front and avid SD5 with spanish fly's at the back. Cables rock, I like them much better compared to maguras, although the spanish fly's are lacking a bit of power. Should be fixed when I get some CRV's and avid ultimates.

vee's front and back for me - love them. hopefully getting an adaptor to fit koxx browns, should be sweet. xtr, linear slick cable, avid ultimate, xtr carbon booster - awesome

haven't got a front one at the moment, i snapped the spring chucking my bike in the back of kennys van, but i reccommend koolstop bmx pads for the front

mike

It seems i'm the only person to have run hydro discs front and rear.....

I reckon this setup is perfect for trials, i couldnt ask for a better setup. I run Hayes HFX-9 for both.

buuuuuuuuuuttttt...... I'm worried about the damage its gonna do to my mount so I'm ditchin the rear for an HS33, i used them on my last setup and had no trouble with them at all, so long as you keep em nice.

people who say maguras are c**p on the front/back. they arn't there good, it's just you lot must really not have a good set up. i.e. pads you need good pads and a good bleed to get them too work good. just people can't admit that there most probably the best brake out there for trials. just needed to get that out. end of

:turned: :P :P