Drop Offs

Simpson

firstly edge closer and closer to the edge of the drop on your back wheel then when you just reach the edge let your front wheel drop till it is almost vertical and give it a little kick to land on the back wheel and bend your legs to compress the landing

start by dropping your front wheel at little stages at a time then you will get the hang of it

but start small and work your way up :blink:

Could try adjusting trye pressures but sure its mostly your technique

yes, i found the tyre pressures helped me land smoother and lowering the front makes there less to drop until you hit the ground. if you do lower the front remember not to pull the bike back up before droping because it makes the lowering of the front pointless.

Don't you mean horisontally? or am I an idiot?

haha no i spotted that and was a little :- . anyway what i found helped although i still cat drop for poo, was to get on a kerb and see how low i can get the front end so i learn the technique of dropping the front without the risk of bailing. it also allows you to get rght to the edge as there is a deffinate edge...if that makes sense, either way after nearly 2 years of trying (my ghad ive only just realised :) ) im still poo. but good luck

Yeah like 2 or 3 people said vertical what? did you miss High School! remember horizontal is flat vertical is straight up

Too Drop off keep your weight low to your bike and right back, lower your front till your horizontal and pedal kick, your back wheel should hit the floor with your bike vertical and your body positioning should stop your front wheel from slapping down if it doesnt work your not doing it right but youll get it. i mean if i did any retard with a releigh can.

Edited by miket-raptorman

Start from scratch, Go back to dropping off cerbs and eventually get higher but instead of doing it how you used to do it just land on your back wheel then keep on hoping, It will teach you to crouch when you land on your back and absorb the shock more then when it comes to bigger drops you will be allot smoother and lower the front wheel slower.

Edited by tom_wilko