Ultimate Rear Brake Combo?

mad_gavo

Old megamo rims rock, grind em up and run spanish fly pads, get a booster if your frame flex's cos this will loose valubale clamping strength and use mineral oil in your lines. dont buy magura blood though. its a rip off. get down to halfords and pick up some citroen suspension fluid. they run mineral oil and 2litres is about £2.49 (Y)

mines bled with the good old halfords LHM citron stuff (Y)

Ive managed to aqquire what i possibly and worlds only 36hole DX32 from and friends old mission reefer :D

Given it i nice grind and it works a bit better (plus i actually get clearence between my maggie and cranks now rather then with the koxx rim :D )but not too good im putting this down to my old knackerd pads though.

So im gunna order new ones anyone got and suggestions for this setup i was thinking along the lines of spanish flies :lol:

ALL i can say is:

Maggie 05 with rb leverblade.

water bleed.

Plazzmatic Crm's.

New grind.

Decent rim, with dense material ie : New Echo or Ronnie :lol: :)

but not if u ride in the wet..........and before anyone says it, my heatsinks are fine in the wet. and if yours arent then tough :P.

people forget no ones brakes are amazing in the WET. all brakes will suffer. i have yet to find a pad that works as well in the wet as it does in the dry.

if you want a booster. the heatsink booster is stiffer than anything out there :D maybe the control booster is the only competition though, but heatsink booster is cheaper

ALL i can say is:

water bleed.

Plazzmatic Crm's.

New grind.

Decent rim, with dense material ie : New Echo or Ronnie :lol: :)

hmmmm, All i can say is: good bye brake with any bit of wet, even with a grind.

I am using pretty much the same setup but with Koxx greens and a new echo rim, and F**k me, this brake is insane it is SOOOO good, i would recomend these pads to anybody, this brake is still good even in the wet :D unlike the plazzies :P

Adam

ALL i can say is:

water bleed.

Plazzmatic Crm's.

New grind.

Decent rim, with dense material ie : New Echo or Ronnie :D :)

ordered some heatsink blues in the end (i know its compleatly differnt from what i was saying :P ) but they were alot cheaper and alot of people were saying good things about them. if im not impressed i will probably try plazes next )

BTW Damon seeing as you ride a adamant too do you use a booster and which onea fit as my old tryall one doesnt :lol:

Edited by mad_gavo