Which Tyres Do You Use?

bikerboysam1

I have just ordered a nice range of maxxis tyres............I know what I likes and I likes what I know.

meh, I know your all crying out to know which ones I have gone for, and why.

1) maxxis hansventure, slowreezay/ supertacky........simular tread to try-alls, lots of nice sharp edges to grip, lots of actual rubber so should last.....got it mainly as a loose soil/ muddy conditions comp tyre.

2)maxxis minion front 2.5 slow reezay....... nice sharp edged tread, they are blocks rather than ramps, so should grip both forwards and backwards equally. Proven puncture ressistance too. got as an allround tyre.

3) maxxis lopes Bling bling supertacky...... Again nice block tread so good grip forwards and backwards. low profile, so will be mint on rocks.......got as a dry weather comp tyre.

4) maxxis minion front 2.35 single ply slow reazay.......as rear minion, but lighter for the front.

If above tyre cant be got then I will get below tyre

5) Maxxis high roller 2.35 slowreezay singleply........would rather have the front minion, but they are hard to get hold of, so this is my 2nd choice as its ramped in one direction and will only have REALLY good grip in one direction.

am i the only person running Tiogas?

ah well - i use a White Tiger on the back because the large central "bridge" nobbles give excellent grip and stability on rocks and concrete, combined with the substantial side nobbles (when the tyre is deformed under pressure) they provide a huge surface area. the tyre has a round profile like all tiogas and has a massive air volume so you can run low air pressures without any trouble. they arnt to heavy and last a long time - my one has loads of life left after 8 months solid use.

on the front i run a blue dragon - because i like Japanese movies and kung-fu films (white tiger / blue dragon) and they are really light and plenty grippy

plus Maxxis tyres suck - they are only good in the really soft compounds. a tyre made of cheese will last longer

slate me if you will but i just cant stand maxxis tyres - but this is personal preference, best way to learn what is best for you is to find out for your self