Grips

theone2be

Has any one got any tips they've found out for applying grips to make them really stay in place, because i have a real tendency to hold the grips really tight and they start moving around the bars. Just wondered if any one had any hints they found out to keep them in place.

thanks

ok, Ok, Why does everyone use hair spray?, that what i use for getting them OFF!!! :closedeyes:

Get your grips off if they're not already on, Paint a little bit of metallic under there, just a smidge though!, Twist the grips on, and leave them to dry for 5-6 hours, hey presto your sorted (N)

Cheers buddy

I dont use any thing to put them on, i just push them on really hard, its not as hard as you may think and there is no problem about them slipping around.

When i want to take them off I will usually just cut them off with a stanley knife because i use my grips until they are practically falling apart. :closedeyes:

Hope i helped.

If I have to remove them, I spit on a screwdriver, pop it in and twist it around.

I then take a hair dryer and dry the grips and bars, but also heat up the grips. Then I just put them on dry. It takes FOREVER. You just keep pulling and twisting. But it's completley worth the effort. I've tried a lot of different techniques and this works the best - they 100% stay on.

(N)

I use a cheap version of WD40.

But my grips are quite tight anyway, so even straight after i've put them on, they stay.

:P

(WD40 works too)

Even though its a lubricant and takes hours / daays to dry :closedeyes: maybe ok with foam grips though :-

I use deodrant as apparently it evaporate easier

im currently using the koxx rubber grips and they have a little hole in the end so i use compressed air to fit mine. Before i used this technuque (sp?) i used to use multi purpose glue and when i wanted them off just break the seal with a screwdriver and pull them off! compressed air is the easiest as you can pop them on and off in seconds. :P

;)

Even though its a lubricant and takes hours / daays to dry :) maybe ok with foam grips though :(

I use deodrant as apparently it evaporate easier

It doesn't take long to dry, surprisingly B)

Deodrant works well too.

Also good for cleanign rims :P