Xbox 360 Launch

Olly C

Well its XBOX 360 Launch Day today... whos going to be picking theres up?

I'm so ill today but I've gotta go in and work 10am-7pm so I'll be back with mine around 8 o clock (Y) My store opened at 7am today so hopefully the mad rush of people and fending people that haven't got pre-ordered ones will have almost ended by the time I get there (Y)

Olly.

I hope you get yours ,there's a piece in the paper today,only 50,000 are available for the whole of the uk.It says they are changing hands for 3 times the original price on e-bay.HMV can't even provide for the people that pre-ordered.

Neither can whsmith, most dixons stores, amazon, gamaplay, play.com and i think even game are struggling to complete all their pre orders.

24-hour superstores were the place to be apparantly last night. Most of the large places like asda and tesco's had them in. But there were people queing from 6.00 last night ready for when the stores could sell them at midnight :S :P . (i went up to the counter and asked how many there were and the nice lady told me there was only five. about 30 people were queing! it was fun to walk down the line of peopl saying "ha, there's only five! and you're number 10 in the que" :) .)

I'm gonna wait now till after xmas before i get mine, especially seeing as theres a ever increasing amount of people in america who's xbox's are starting to cock up. I thought it was just some rumours spreading but i was playing on a demo one in the choices video shop near me and king kong turned into a giant blue shape instead of being king kong :P . Of course with me being like i am it didn't take long for me to realise watching the giant blue shape jump across vines was really wuite funny. :P :D

But then it crashed and the screen started flickering. (Y) The guy came over and said this was the third one they'd had for display purposes that had started behaving oddly, apparantly the first one had destroyed the disc that they put in and when they took it out the disc had been royally scratched up by something sticking out inside the xbox. (Y)

It's not a surprise though, sony's ps2's had dvd playback errors when they first came out and there was something wrong with the original xbox's as well when they first came out.

I'm just gonna wait till about february when most of the bugs will hopefully have been sorted out, and obviously when there's more of them available.

*EDIT* if i'm gonna write something this long i might as well make sure it's written properly

Edited by Krisboats

i had one set aside for me at the Costco where i work, for £328, premium pack with a game. Was gonna stick it on Ebay as i have no need for a console, but i decided i couldnt be pooped with the hassle.

Whats the deal with not gettin it if you pre-ordered from game etc? just get ur deposit back?

i had one set aside for me at the Costco where i work, for £328, premium pack with a game. Was gonna stick it on Ebay as i have no need for a console, but i decided i couldnt be pooped with the hassle.

Whats the deal with not gettin it if you pre-ordered from game etc? just get ur deposit back?

But i want the console :ermm:

Well I got my Premium Pack from the Game where I work, £251.99 on discount :ermm:

Also got my plug and play charge kit, Perfect Dark Zero Collectors Edition and Project Gotham Racing 3.

Most retailers struggled to fill there paid pre-order deposits, with our company most stores got there full allocation (which was very lucky) and then a few core systems to sell first come firsat served (we got 10 units) with our company there was always no garantee to get one before xmas and all customers were told this, turns out we pretty much did get every in-store system so all was well, if not full refunds on deposits was always available at any point.

Gamestation however were not so luck and only filled 35 of there 60+ paid deposits, another inderpedant store told people that even though they've paid the full £280 deposit (instead of Games £20) that they were only allowed to sell them (told from Microsoft) with £400's worth of software :ermm: thats utter tripe and they should of been able to buy the system alone and whatever games or accessories they wanted.

Online stores were obviously flooded with pre-orders and were easier to fend off customers as theres no chance of an in-store punch up etc with angry customers.

The stock levels are being hyped up stupidly as usual by the media, The retailers magazine tells us that most stores will be recieving shipments weekly on systems and to expect no long term shortages although obviously the supplies will be limited each shipment due to the massive demand.

Well Im off to play mine now, hopefully its all well and good :lol:

Olly.

Yo, i didn't get mine either (gameplay aug 22nd, order 91 i think) anyway, looks like it might be next jan by the sounds of things, however OLLY if you could keep this updated with any info you hear from game on 2nd shipment i'd mucho apperciate it.

Anyway, i got pgr3 (a lot of use with no actual console) and my new 32" HDTV should be here on tuesday, so i'll be all set for some winter gaming if microsoft decide to ship a decent amount this side of the 25th.