All You Car People - Are Apex Springs And 4 Shocks

Ingram

Hello, as i want to lower my car 60mm i dont fancy just doing that on springs, so im gonna get some new shocks, What are apex ones like as i always thought they were good and that 210 quid for the front and back and springs is cheap, Letme know what you guys think, thanks oh and they are the sports ones, cheers.

ahahah I am 100% convinced your gonna have scrubbage on the rear wheels if you drop it 60mm. the inner arches on the inside of the arch will most likely scrub.

60mm is alot of drop, the front drive sahfts, CV joints and bushes will get shagged real quick. Not to mention all the cars bearings.

Just thought i'd let you know...

If you had a 16V clio I would think your life would be easier.

I've got a Mk1 Clio 1.4RT with 15"s on and lowered 35mm. I had to do very minor adjustment due to it rubbing but it wasn't alot. But to be fair 60mm is going to look way too low and rub quite alot. And you do know they're Torsion Bar's on the back don't you? Not springs.

Yeah 60mm = major rubbage!

There's no point 'cos it'll just handle like a horse and cart. Might as well just drop it like 30-35 mm then run 16's on wide arches or something decent.

60mm is well excessive. Itll look silly on your standard car anyway. If you had a phat body kit and skirts it might look okay, but otherwise. No Go, in my opinion!

If the wheels are the correct offset with the right size tyres you should get away with 60mm but it will be harsh as f**k!

A guy from college has his dropped 55 all round and has no scrubbing but its not comfertable.

Edited by Brisa

On some cars it's ok...

I'm dropping my polo mk3 GT 60 at front and 40 at back on 13" rims...

Not sure 15" on a Clio dropped 60 is clever though!

Pictures :S my freinds got a GT60 not the nicest lookign things in the world but still pretty sweet I prefer the golf look :)

as long as your wheels are the right offset it will be fine :S as you have smaller profile tyres anyway it will give some extra clearance.

60mm is alot though so watch out for your local area as mega shite roads with big ass holes in (my area :- ) will no longer be fun.

I compromised in the end with mine as i was going to go for 60mm but went 40mm in the end due to these comfort issues and using the car on an every day basis. my 16" wheel setup with a 40mm drop looks plenty low enough now its bedded in. I only get rubbage when i have 4 peeps and 3 bikes in the car :)

On the terms of price that seems quite cheap. I paid about the same as that for my G max kit

big drops are fun, i've got my mk4 polo with 14*8 wheels 195/45 tyres and they're offset et15, lowered quite a bit with coilovers so i can finely tune the height

at the moment the front bumper sits just over 9cm from the ground at the lowest part of it and parts of the car underneath are a bit lower, doesn't rub with me + 3 passengers

handlings very good but thats prob because of the suspension as coilovers maintain the whole spring travel also the coilovers have twin rate springs which soak up smaller bumps in road to keep it sort of smooth. . . . . >_<

here's a pic to display the lowness

snow2.jpg

Edited by shovel

as alot of you have said, 35 mm still makes it look like a 4x4 hense why im going for 60, yer i am aware its a torsion bar at the back but i am replaving the dampers on that. anyway you can get cars on torsion bars to shit right on the floor, i know someone whos lowered theres 80 on back 55 on front with 15 wheels, no problem. as long as i get 195/45/15 im fine.

Don't forget that at 60mm you will be pretty hard pushed to take mates places, if only because the exhaust will clip every speed bump there is etc. That if you get the inner arches sorted.

40mm drops don't leave the car looking like a monster truck....

not in my opinion anyway. 195/45 profile tyres are not special or lower profile than normal, they are in fact the correct size when going up to a 15" rim on most small cars. trust me, if you had 50 profiles the wheel would have ended up bigger than the origional (in hight) shame its the width that will cause the problems.

Just be aware your car will less practical, more repairs will be needed etc. and odds are you might not be able to take mates around properly.

Other than that go for it yeh, 60mm drops look cools most of the time, jsut crap for actual use of the car....

yeah if you're wanting practicality don't go for a massive drop

i can't take speed bumps, only really if i have to and they're taken on the bite in first, most of the time i take alternate routes

plus when you go to the garage they may struggle to get your car on the ramps, mine just makes it, most of the time they're very kind and lay out planks of wood to make the run up less steep

Yeah my polo will be stripped out at the back with no seats or anything so passengers are not an issue, that's why i'm doing it... If you're planning to take mates I wouldn't suggest it.

My friend has a mk1 Clio on 15's dropped by 40 and it rubs like buggery with two peeps in the back!