Emo!?!?!?!

deanie-b

http://www.dobi.nu/emo/boys.htm

First there were goths, then some companies thought "hey we can make some money out of these kids who want to be different". Next came emo, and before it started and became all trendy those same manufacturers had already started spewing out the generic silver studded belts, tight t-shirts and black hair dye.

Now it's got to the stage where being an emo or a goth is no longer alternative. You score emo points for not washing your hair, crying, having a friend cut your hair so it looks messy (a bit like Robert Smith of The Cure), and probably cutting yourself.

Notable quotes:

"Cry me a river, emo boy"

"I'm too emo for my face"

If you ever wanna see some real kids who think they're emo, head over to myspace.com - half the results in any search are emo kids.

Edited by Anjow

haha some of the replys in here are priceless. some of my mates are emo and one of them even admits to being scene(an extreme versian of emo where the cloths are even more tighter than ever thought and their black hair at an extreme sweep to right side of their face ). to be honest though i find it deeply discompferting the fact that people find it funny and cool and yes do even run a points system on how many guys they have kissed (yep these are "men") and how tight their girls jeans are(buying them form new look and other girls shops!) only three words can describe this homo phenominon

just plain WRONG!

haha some of the replys in here are priceless. some of my mates are emo and one of them even admits to being scene(an extreme versian of emo where the cloths are even more tighter than ever thought and their black hair at an extreme sweep to right side of their face ). to be honest though i find it deeply discompferting the fact that people find it funny and cool and yes do even run a points system on how many guys they have kissed (yep these are "men") and how tight their girls jeans are(buying them form new look and other girls shops!) only three words can describe this homo phenominon

just plain WRONG!

being scene is not what you describe, its when someone wear the clothes and listens to the music just to fit in with the new scene.

and emo people are fine,my friends a little annoying with his emoness but hu cares they dont hurt anyone and unlike scallys(chavs) dont give you shit and try and stab you and stuff for looking at them.

plus emo girls are usually very hot

Basically just get your average psychologically messed up 15 year old, send him into new look to buy a girls top, belt and jeans, then equip him with some lairy coloured odd-looking shoes, pierce as many pierceable parts as he has, make him look like he's having the worst day ever (That's how you have to look)... Perhaps paint his face white for good measure and coat his eyes with black crap and then you're almost there...

Crying and sitting on benches is optional.

It's pretty sad really, as is any "genre" of person. Chavs, emo's, goths... It's all a form of "sheeping", ie following your friends to look cool... I prefer to wear what's comfortable and looks ok, listening to whatever I fancy and just generally ignoring the whole world of "fashion".

Each to their own though I 'spose.

I don't think they're really psychologically messed up, they just pretend to be to get attention. That's all mid-teens ever want. Yeah, I went through the spiky-hair-so-hard-you-could-burst-a-balloon-on-it phase, but I'd like to think it was not a major thing. And I've grown out of it now. Now I'm at the too-lazy-to-get-his-hair-cut stage because I know that I can only get away with it while I'm in uni, and before I start going bald.

Basically just get your average psychologically messed up 15 year old, send him into new look to buy a girls top, belt and jeans, then equip him with some lairy coloured odd-looking shoes, pierce as many pierceable parts as he has, make him look like he's having the worst day ever (That's how you have to look)... Perhaps paint his face white for good measure and coat his eyes with black crap and then you're almost there...

Crying and sitting on benches is optional.

It's pretty sad really, as is any "genre" of person. Chavs, emo's, goths... It's all a form of "sheeping", ie following your friends to look cool... I prefer to wear what's comfortable and looks ok, listening to whatever I fancy and just generally ignoring the whole world of "fashion".

Each to their own though I 'spose.

(Y) :- , Oh my, that was funny, I feel the same way dude, I'm no sheep, Sheep's go Baaaah, and live in Fields