Mikebike Frames

mikebike

yeah you can, if you send the design off to somewhere in china or sumat you cant get the frames, made, sprayed and delivered to your doorstep for 25quid. clive was telling me this the other day about how ashton does it, and if they sell them for 400 the you make 375quid profit, it ain't bad, but its the designing which costs the most apparently.

could you please give me a quote for a 1090wb +20bb and 380 chainstay length and 72 degree headangle on a dday frame, also would you be able to fit a built in booster in?

also whats the differences between the sidehop and the dday?

i would please like price including shipping and tax to england

cheers

chris hayton

add me to msn or pm me if you dont want to reply on here thanx (Y)

also can you give me a pricing on this please?

1065 wb,

+10/20bb rise,

385 chainstays,

not sure about a head tube angle pos 70.5 or 71,

4bolt mounts,

1 1/8" headset space thingy,

2.5 tyre clearence

normal shaped seattube but short enough to make the toptube and the seatstays straight all the way from the headset to the back wheel.

thankyou, add me to msn a-kennard@hotmail.co.uk

EDIT: you now have an email on the way

Edited by ash-kennard

yeah you can, if you send the design off to somewhere in china or sumat you cant get the frames, made, sprayed and delivered to your doorstep for 25quid. clive was telling me this the other day about how ashton does it, and if they sell them for 400 the you make 375quid profit, it ain't bad, but its the designing which costs the most apparently.

Nice idea , but unless your buying around 400+ frames you won't get it down that low. Especially for anything decent. If Ashton had made £375 profit on each frame he sold , i'm sure now he would be able to retire and live somewhere sunny. You and i both know he was buying them no where near that cheap.

Also theres alot of hidden costs in things , that you wouldn't even think about. Such as Shipping , import duty , Vat etc. these all start bumping costs up.

How much do you think the Reynolds tubing Leeson uses costs Clive?

At the end of the day everyone likes to justify there product. But as long as you remember the general rule of "You get what You pay for".

I talk regularily with a Polish rider, Lukasz Doton, who rides a MIKEBIKE "Sidehop" frame. He's been bringing my parts into Poland for the scene there.

I've heard great things about the MIKEBIKE frames, and you can see video of one in action and photos of a built up bike on Lukasz's site, which you can view in English:

http://www.doton.prv.pl/

I've got a MIKEBIKE frame coming in about a week, so I'll be able to give you some 1st hand feedback on them very soon.

Steve