Hope Pro 2 Trials...

MadChikken

I know this gets asked all the time, but if one of the guys who tests for hope, or somebody can give even a rough idea of when they might be turning up, would be hugely appreciated. Have put off getting a new back wheel for 6 months in anticipation of this hub, so could do with any info at all

Cheers guys

M@

Edited by MadChikken

lol fair nuf, havent tried chainreaction but might just ring hope instead.

Ok, while Im waiting for Hope to get sorted, what new rim can people suggest aswell?

Ive got a leeson clear which currently has a hope xc on sun mammoth rim. The rim's old and pretty knakkered so thats why I decided on whole new wheel. Seems a shame as the wheel is 3 years old, and although not ridden for a year of that, has held up bloody well. The hub's one of the earlier xc versions, and has never been serviced!!! Sweet as a nut still...

Anyway, what rim can people suggest? I love the mammoth, its a big deep box-section rim, but not mega wide thankfully. The 4bolt mounts on the frame are set for the 32mm rim, so anything else like that people can suggest?

Cheers guys

M@

Ahh right, must have sold out of 26" ones!

There advertised as disk only but the sidewall on them is fine for maggies, it has a tiny lip at the top, but theres loads of room for pads. most people grind the lip off when its being grinded anyway.

Oh arse, thats annoying. Ah well guess will just have to wait even longer!!! Thanks for info anyway Waynio :)

Bikes having a rest at moment anyway so...

Does anybody reckon its worth hunting down a Sun Mammoth Rim again? I really liked it cos its box section with really wide sidewalls, but havent used anything else in 3 years! May end up just goin for a 721cd as I know how reliable they are :)

Run a smooth rim so not gonna faff around with grinding the surface on a tioga rim!

Cheers

M@

Snappel i have just got my 1st one, and i havent even put it on my bike yet. but it does sound pretty wikid. but it would have been nice to have some of the earlier models and give them a hand and a push with getting the hub released alot sooner. would have been awesum!!!!!

Waynio..........................

why dont you try use a koxx rear rim madchicken?????they supa strong, iv yet to blow one up, iv blown a hub up as snappel will have seen up shipley glen the other week :P the rims dont break they just break everything around em :P hahahahha.

In my experience, Mammoths are not as strong as they seem, and are quite heavy.

Go for a 521/721 ( thin, but stupidly strong) or a sun rhino lite, similar weight to 521/721 but diff profile, again pretty strong.

Yeh same from my experiance, I know a few who have broken mammoth's, havn't heard of a mavic exploding without good reason.....

Bearing in mind I have a leeson thats had 4bolt mounts welded for a 32mm rim.....dont think a koxx or echo rim would squeeze in >_<

Could be wrong though, but cant see it personally. Ive only recently had problem with the mammoth where it wont stay true for long, and as it was built by an awesome mechanic, I can only assume its the rim weakening after 3 years or that its just not up2 it!

May just go for a mavic, less mastle and they work out at 30mm I think anyway...?

Cheers for input guys

M@

Bearing in mind I have a leeson thats had 4bolt mounts welded for a 32mm rim.....dont think a koxx or echo rim would squeeze in >_<

Could be wrong though, but cant see it personally. Ive only recently had problem with the mammoth where it wont stay true for long, and as it was built by an awesome mechanic, I can only assume its the rim weakening after 3 years or that its just not up2 it!

May just go for a mavic, less mastle and they work out at 30mm I think anyway...?

Cheers for input guys

M@

When I had the old D521's they were the best rim I had EVER had, without a doubt. if i was getting back into stock, its buy the same rims again 3 years later. Nothing Compares for me as im not really a fan of drilled rims.(yet)

mavic make bmx stuff :o . where did you get yo rim pauly?

he he i got it with great difficulty-fatmike had a couple for sale not long ago-try him to see if he still has them :) im guessing they were more of a bmx race rim-being 36h and all-but to be honest i never got the whole 48spoke malarky on my bmx, 36 is plenty strong enough unless you are stupidly shit and harsh...

i was sellin mine not long ago, pity you didnt take the chance :P