Ive Noticed In A Few Threads Now

MikeCottTrials

Just dont listen to what people say ride one for a week and make you own oppinion because people tend to genrallise form 1 high bb rise to another and its panntloons

yeah right - especially given that high BB frames seem to have anywhere between 50 and 80 mm rise. 30mm is a bloody long way in those circumstances.

its probably the same bunch who say you cant tap on a mod - which you can

I can tap a mod :D

couldnt tap my hifi.....at all......ever......no way......

you have to chage how you ride when you get a high bb frame, that might be ok for someone who hasnt been riding that long, but I have been riding over 7 years, so its harder for me to change techniques.

i have to agree with ali on this one, ive found it difficult to adapt to my gu, compared to my previous zoo pitbull, i cant tap the gu at all, however it does sidehop better for me and hooks quite easy, so in a sence it does have its advantages,

they do take a lot of getting used to, my first proper day on the gu was at the recent fun trial, this made it more difficult for me as i wasnt used to bike being sat on the back wheel, it sat nicely but felt really twitchy.......... they do take quite a bit of adapting to...............

if your after a high bottom bracket frame and ride a lot of street i wouldnt advise getting one............. mine rides nice on natural but terrible on street

ash

Just dont listen to what people say ride one for a week and make you own oppinion because people tend to genrallise form 1 high bb rise to another and its panntloons

seems a bit of a stupid comment to make.

anyway, to mr POOPIPE....

its hard to describe, im just managing to get ma taps back, ws doing 50" roughly last night, and its not TF tape u sarcy bastards :P. The technique is harder to dial, but i imagine if you have a higher stem then they become easier, i have a much lower stem but like i say, im getting there now.

Also it is a lot harder to land up to back wheel on the tap, for example i was doing 50 and never kept it on back wheel, the front just comes down so easy, but i will get there, now if you want to talk hooks, then high BB is the way forward, so nice to ride for hooks anyway

im off to find a hooker :P

Hi, just a quick question, what is this TF tape I have heard of it bofore and i don't have a clue what it is.

Thanks.

Ollie.

Oh and I love high BB's, I can control them much better on the back wheel, but i have only being riding for 3 weeks.

One more question, does any one know the bb rise of the 05 t-mag?

Thanks.

Hi, just a quick question, what is this TF tape I have heard of it bofore and i don't have a clue what it is.

Thanks.

Ollie.

Oh and I love high BB's, I can control them much better on the back wheel, but i have only being riding for 3 weeks.

One more question, does any one know the bb rise of the 05 t-mag?

Thanks.

the TF tape is where someone guesses what height they are making, and then exaggerates some more, its actually gone to the point where 50" was the said measurement, but the height was actually about 38-40 so you know, its where people exaggerate a fair bitty. :)

This isn't about the problems with the high bb, but i thought i'd let people know that i've gone to buy the Echo HiFi. I will use it for street but i've found about half a mile of natural rocks that nobody goes on because no-one knows about it. (Sorry to any people that live near I cant let its location out at the moment because its turned into our own little Radstock Reactional Ground lol). So I can start to ride some natural there, and I prefer to do hooks than tap beacuse it suits my riding better, it feels so much better. Any way i'd thought i'd share this with you, thanks for listening.

Personaly I like the high bb's but it does take some getting used to (more than a week or two probaly).

Dont realy know how to put this but its like what ben said taps are realy wierd at first but everything else seems to be ok once got used to it but yea high bb frames are great in my opinon.What you realy need to do is have ago on someones bike with a high bb to see if you like it before you decide to buy one or not.

Ben