Middleburns Lenth Problem?

YAJIB

Glad i could be of some help.

Tarty bikes do 165mm, 170mm and 175mm arms, with ISIS or Square Taper bottom bracket fitting.

All combinations of colours are in stock (except 175mm Silver ISIS crank arms) - not just what can be seen in the pictures on there site. For example: Blue bashguard can be fitted to black square taper arms, or black bashguard be supplied with silver ISIS crank arms!

Pete

hehe ;)

"Go for the shorter ones so that you can gap further!"

...not necessarly matt :shifty: ,

if anything shorter cranks would meen less leverage...

...and with less leverage you cant create as much power as a longer crank (more leverage)...

...with more power transfered to the rear wheel means you will be able to go further...

...because of the sudden release of energy propelling you higher/further enableing you to cover a bigger distance :P

...well thats how i figured it :lol:^_^

hehe ;)

"Go for the shorter ones so that you can gap further!"

...not necessarly matt :shifty: ,

if anything shorter cranks would meen less leverage...

...and with less leverage you cant create as much power as a longer crank (more leverage)...

...with more power transfered to the rear wheel means you will be able to go further...

...because of the sudden release of energy propelling you higher/further enableing you to cover a bigger distance :P

...well thats how i figured it :lol:^_^

But you can push shorter cranks faster...

agreed but...

personal favouritism is a factor, the way you like your bike to ride / how you like to ride your bike...

...do you tend to ride street alot, or uci/biu section riding ?

So if your unexperienced with cranks i.e how it minimally afects your riding :closedeyes: , go for 170mm since its a "middle" length suiting most riders...

If you prefer the sound of shorter cranks and think Quick Spider has a point go for 165mm...

If your think i have a better point :shifty: then go for 175mm...

:huh:

^_^ yet again just my thoughts...

I used to use 165's and Ive had 175's. With 165's its like going a gear lighter yet with the same torque. Same power with more torque. Apply power/ torque to punching something. Power = The force felt by the punch i.e how hard it hits, torque = how fast the punch moves. Hope this helps.