Homemade Slime Liners

sfboy

I got a puncture today from some glass, and stopped by hellfrauds, unfortunately I had just enough to buy some tubes and not some slime liners which I'm sure would have saved my tube.

Anywho that got me thinking that I could make my own line by taping up an aluminum strip, but I had none. I can't think what I could use as a substitute for the liners, I needs to be tough but flexible!

Any Ideas?

OT but what make tubless are you running? and watching that vid i am quite impressed

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7134

These tyres (High roller 2.35" 42a), on standard rims (Mavic X517 and Drilled Alex DX32), and stans sealent (available from freeborn.co.uk who's website is currently down).

:)

can you run tubes with that stuff? may seam a pointless thing to do as if you get a pinch your boned >_<

You don't get pinches, as there's no tubes to pinch! I've rimmed out on stuff very hard, and it won't pinch.

I beleive you can put the sealent in your tubes to fix small punctures too. :)

Mike.

*Just realised how much has been posted OT!*

cheers mike, that vid just converted me! whats the lowest pressure you have managed to get away with?

Thats it's only downfall, you have to run them reasonabely high (on wider rims at least). On the front, on my X517, I can run fairly low, but on the back, i'm having to run at least 25psi to stop it folding and air & latex burping out!

:)

even if you have tubless, it wont stop glass tearing the tyre, that was the whole point of the topic.

At least slime liners help protect the tube.

Anyway, freebourne are a rip-off.

They are based near me, and they rip you off with that kit.

Go on e-bay and get a big tub of liquid latex for about £5, use a combo of duct tape, and latex to seal the spokes, and a car valve in the rim.

Whole thing could be done for about £7.

Last time I checked, Freebourne wanted £40-£50 for the set

even if you have tubless, it wont stop glass tearing the tyre, that was the whole point of the topic.

At least slime liners help protect the tube.

Anyway, freebourne are a rip-off.

They are based near me, and they rip you off with that kit.

Go on e-bay and get a big tub of liquid latex for about £5, use a combo of duct tape, and latex to seal the spokes, and a car valve in the rim.

Whole thing could be done for about £7.

Last time I checked, Freebourne wanted £40-£50 for the set

Yeah, but I'm simply using a 20" inner tube which I'm given for free from my LBS, and the sealent, I couldn't imagine anyone would pay the price they are asking.

I've tried, and used the liquid latex off ebay, and it doesn't work, it simply dries up in a couple of weeks, and doesn't seal as well as stan's stuff...

ill be running d521 ceramics(too hell if im changing rims), atm i run 20-25 for natural/wet weather, then about 30 for the summer, so i guess i should be ok?

so at eaest on my freeride and street bikes i can run it fine :) , presumably you can use almost any tyre?

Yeah, it'll be fine with those rims & pressures.

From my experience (quite a lot) it is worth just getting the high roller UST tyres, they're really good, 42a, etc etc. (Y)

Mike. :)