Danish Cartoon

Dr. Nick Riviera

What i don't get it, it was in a danish newspaper? Right? So go protest and dress as up a suicide bomber in Denmark, not f**king here. What the bollocks has england got to do with some danish idiots.

f**k the 'cause or what ever, go to the root of it, not just protest for the reason of protesting. Idiots.

Some 14 or 15-year-old's now been killed somewhere too in rioting to do with it. Nice one, Denmark (Y)

It seems borderline totally f**king stupid that they're demanding an apology from the Danish prime minister.

The Danish prime minister of course being the cartoonist, then newspaper editor, then printer of the papers that published it?

DUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

Pricks. I am sorry but FFS who gives a shit about a fecking cartoon????? Lets look at this with a bit more then ONE brain cell hey? Come on if the christians rioted killed and blew feckers up beheaded people, every time someone did a cartoon about jeasus there wouldnt be many people left to whine. Every single day a new cartoon comes out, taking the piss out of God jeasus ect ect, do you see them acting like fecking toddlers?

Put your toys back into the pram

Muslim extremeists are really giving their religion a bad name, when I saw those pictures I really felt like ripping all the muslims on the face of the earth apart. Then I sat back, and thought about muslims I have met and are generally nice people. Its times like these you gotta sit back and think its not their religion, just those people.

Flicking through a newspaper, they had pictures of insulting images to religions such as jewish, christians ect. Of course these newspapers were apprantly straight out of muslim publishers. Did we take offence, possiblly. Did we take to the streets and threaten their country, NO!!!

People are going to start doing things they will regret when their older unless something happens to calm everyone down.

We've already seen clashes between the rasist of our country and other faiths, if it carrys on it might just be ordinary people fighting. Not good.

Muslim extremeists are really giving their religion a bad name

But if you look at the pictures of the 'demonstrations' in London etc, there were both men and women in large numbers asking for the murder and beheading of the French and Danish and anyone else who would dare to make fun of their fecking prophet or whatever the feck he was. These weren't just the odd extremist. Religion is a bad thing, and possibly the cause of most evil. The Muslim faith seems to breed these retards and gives them support saying it's all right to kill whoever you fancy, so long as it's in the name of ala. Watching the news just makes me angry these days.

Please leave

Dear muslims,

If you do not like my country, please leave.

If you do not like the way our women dress, please leave.

If you do not like our separation of politics and religion, please leave.

If you support violent responses to criticism of Islam, please leave.

If you support terrorism in any way, shape or form, please leave.

If you cannot accept satirical cartoons in our newspapers, please leave.

If you do not support democracy or the freedom of speech, please leave my country.

From the following site which shows the cartoons which have upset them so damn much:

http://face-of-muhammed.blogspot.com/

Pricks. I am sorry but FFS who gives a shit about a fecking cartoon????? Lets look at this with a bit more then ONE brain cell hey? Come on if the christians rioted killed and blew feckers up beheaded people, every time someone did a cartoon about jeasus there wouldnt be many people left to whine. Every single day a new cartoon comes out, taking the piss out of God jeasus ect ect, do you see them acting like fecking toddlers?

Put your toys back into the pram

Yes but it needs to be put into perspective/context. The west are in a geo political war with arabs/muslims whatever you want to call it, surely printing anything of this sensitive nature now is goingt o cause more tensions. Yes by all means print it in 100 years when everything over then it will be treated diferently.

God knows what would have happened during the Cold War if there was contant mockery of the USSR.

Simple appology is need by the Danish and itt o be accepted.

Ilegal rioters (death messages) should be arrested and charged

End of.

I also believe region has had a huge part to play in the worlds evils but there are other factors that need to be incuded.

Respect on anothers religion and beliefs and the world may be a better palce.

Im sure we can find some evil Jews and Christians in history.

The multiculural melting pot that is the Uk is what makes this country so good but it brings with it its downfalls. All Ill say is that this world will never be perfect, there will never be racial and religious harmony.

Edited by Michael Hardman

I was going to write an essay but that link just about does the trick.

It's a bit of a one sided argument but given the state of affairs at the moment I can't help feeling it's time to pick a side & i know which one I'm on.

I doubt the vast majority individual muslims are evil by nature (the muslims i've met havent been - so far), even the suicide bombers who've been slaughtering innocent women and children on buses in israel for the last 40 (or whatever) years were probably perfectly reasonable people if you sat down and had a chat about films or football.

The ones to blame are the clerics and religious leaders who've been deliberately making sure the faithful stay un-educated and are under a constant barrage of propaganda - It's a lot easier to control millions of people if the only ideas they're exposed to are the ones you feed them (rule 1 in the totalitarian dictator's handbook).

It's the same principle as the dogma spouted by the catholic church in the middle ages, the nazis in germany and the communists in russia and china.

The difference here is that nobody (except the US in recent years) has had the balls to stand up and do something about it before it became too widespread to contain.

My fear is that its probably too late to settle the matter without an awful lot of people getting killed. The blame for that lies squarely in the laps of the liberal wankers in government who think we should be extra nice to angry brown people because they're all too backward to behave like civilised members of society. This is clearly bollocks, Muslims are no bloody different from the rest of us so why the hell should they be allowed to carry on like savages?

oops, I still wrote an essay

>> all IMO - please don't blow my house up..

Yes but it needs to be put into perspective/context. The west are in a geo political war with arabs/muslims whatever you want to call it, surely printing anything of this sensitive nature now is goingt o cause more tensions. Yes by all means print it in 100 years when everything over then it will be treated diferently.

Sorry, but last time I checked, the west wasnt in a political war with anyone in Europe? The people protesting are not in Iraq, they don't live there, they aren't being affected by that matter.... Being a Christian, I don't get hot under the collar and start stomping around if Christians are being mistreated in other countries, I don't think its fair that they do, but I don't take it to the extremes. By your argument that all Muslims should feel for the cause of people theve never met in a country theve probably never even been to, then surely all Muslims asscosciate themselves with every other Muslim, extremeist or not.

Do you feel bad when other athiests around the globe get killed? Like in 9/11? Were you really all that bothered? So why should European Muslims be all that bothered about others elsewhere.

It all seems like an excuse to be violent and get attention. It isnt just extremists, its a whole lot more. For a religion that is relatively new (400 years old compared to Judaism which is nearly 4000 years old) they seem to be kicking up a lot of fuss. They havent gone through a tenth as much suffering as the Jewish faith has over its course in time.

And lastly, I thought that religions teach to love your enemy, surely a hateful response is just one of cowardice?

It all seems like an excuse to be violent and get attention. It isnt just extremists, its a whole lot more. For a religion that is relatively new (400 years old compared to Judaism which is nearly 4000 years old) they seem to be kicking up a lot of fuss. They havent gone through a tenth as much suffering as the Jewish faith has over its course in time.

Is that fact really true in which case shouldnt the Jewish/Palistine thing be in favour of the Jews, seeing as there religion came first and claimed the holy area first.

Is that fact really true in which case shouldnt the Jewish/Palistine thing be in favour of the Jews, seeing as there religion came first and claimed the holy area first.

Yes it is true. If you read a few posts up I said I was in Israel a few weeks ago, and the Jews are very unhappy about what the Palestines are doing to them. They are very angry and also very scared about what they might do to them. The Palestines take over areas of land and force the Jews to provide all the services for them, and to provide safe passage across areas they havent taken over yet. This isn't my opinion, this is fact from a Jew that lives in Jerusalem.

As I said in the other topic on religion. Its the route of all evil.

Good people do good things and bad people do bad things, but only religion can make good people do bad things.

I think alot of the suercide bommers were just lost soles who needed guidence unfortunetly the wrong people got there claws into them.

Ignorance leads to all these problems, and false faith.

I would not like to be the artist who drew those pictures :S

Andyroo. Try watching a documentary by John Pilger called, "Palestine is still the issue". I got it off emule, I'm sure you can get it from any of the download programs though. The documentary shows various experiences in the israel/palestine conflict. I think it might change your mind about what you are saying. Watch it if you want to base your opinion from a wider range of sources and evidence rather than just one individual who's a jew and who's statement doesn't make fact. No statement is ever fact, it just makes things appear more or less likely.

Whatever the reaction was (and the muslims are overreacting), this cartoon is highly inapropriate. Nobody should ever make fun of religious leaders. It doesn't take much intelect to figure out that this kind of cartoon will trigger of a nasty reaction from their side, and won't have any positive impact on anything whatsoever.

Now that's not all. The european solidarity... damn its annoying. Now papers all across europe are printing these cartoons in the name of the freedom of word. A few days ago the biggest newspaper in Poland, Rzeczpospolita, published these pics. And what happened? The government had to apologise to the muslims for this. But the manager of the paper still hasn't. There was a press conference today with the polish mouslim leader, he asked the director to publish his appologies on the first page of the tomorrows' paper. If not, this case will be taken to a public prosecutor and court. Well I wonder if the head office will apologise.

I am not a religious person but I know that religion should be respected. If the muslims now published a nasty cartoon of Christ or God I wonder how many people would feel abused. And the USA would probably drop an atom bomb on the muslims.

The last thing I want is the press to give a reason for these crazy people to start attacking europe again. Already a few people have been killed because of this cartoon - was it really worth publishing it ?!

Both the muslims and the press are behaving like a**holes.

Andyroo. Try watching a documentary by John Pilger called, "Palestine is still the issue". I got it off emule, I'm sure you can get it from any of the download programs though. The documentary shows various experiences in the israel/palestine conflict. I think it might change your mind about what you are saying. Watch it if you want to base your opinion from a wider range of sources and evidence rather than just one individual who's a jew and who's statement doesn't make fact. No statement is ever fact, it just makes things appear more or less likely.

What are you on? The guy I spoke to isn't just some random guy with an opinion, he lives in israel, he is affected by it, he hasn't done anything to deserve whats happening, I think he is entitled to an opinion on how it affects normal people who want to live normal lives amidst all this political conflict!

Are you saying some guy who writes a documentary on it all knows what its like to actually live there!? You could do all the research you want into WW2 and still never know what it would be like to fight in it.

Im not saying the people of Israel are blameles, they are complete arses to the Egyptians, my whole point was that how selective European Muslims are about which Muslims they associate themselves with. If your a Christian, Muslim, whatever, you ever take the crap about the whole religion or not at all. Its then up to you to choose to react in a mature and adult manner about it, rather than doing what the European Muslims are doing now.

I live in Britain, that doesn't mean I know exactly about everything to do with Britain. My point is you're formulating an opinion based on only one individuals opinion. Are his opinions based on direct experience? It might be like asking an American KKK member what his opinions are on black americans. What do you think this KKK individual is going to say. Where do you think his ideas spawn from? Experience or stereotypes/propaganda?

This documentary contains lots of different opinions from both sides of the conflict. All claiming direct experience in regards to the situation. It even has a father who lost his child to a suicide bomber yet still holds the opinion, if Israel was not behaving the way it was, it would not have happend. I'm not saying watch this and then hold the same opinion that I do. I'm just saying watch a different opinion, one backed with what appears to be strong evidence of direct experience and see how you feel thereafter.

My opinion does not come from just this documentary. I've read a decent amount on the subject. Again though, I confess, I might still be completely wrong. But lots of opinions, from different people in different situations in this conflict saying the same thing makes it seem more probable. I really suggest watching this documentary as a starting point to forming a more balanced opinion. You're heard this one jewish bloke, now hear some additional jewish people and some palestinians point of view.

Something about Christianity I've always wondered about. God is supposedly all powerful, and all knowing. This means he created Adam and Eve in a way that he knew would make them behave the way they did. The snake and the apple, blah blah blah. So this makes God a bit of a fanny really. He wanted to see the human race suffer. He rigged it all so he could have his own soap opera world of sex, war, drugs and swearing. Yet this is supposed to be a God based on strict morals. I just invisage him as a fat coach potato that hasn't visited the shower in about 3 trillion years.

What about insest being bad, yet god only made one man and one woman. So that means they're children must have shagged each other so there was a human population (N) .

Unless he did it jesus and mary style and made them all pregnant virgins :closedeyes: . But wouldn't that have been documented? I mean if it was such a great thing when it happened to just mary wouldn't it have been even better if he did it to several people :blink: ? They could have had like their own pregnant virgins club :D .

blah...

Once again, I am NOT saying this guy knows about the political side of the issue or anything like that, I am saying he knows what its like to wake up in the morning worrying that where you live may get attacked at any point. And it was from his heart not cut and pasted together in a documentary.

I really don't think your understanding what I'm saying, so I'll use the WW2 example again.

Someone who lived in Britain during WW2 probably can't tell me the political side of the war, whether Britain's actions were fair or wrong, but they can tell me what its like to know the fear of news reports saying that the enemy front line is getting closer and closer, and that enemy aircraft are coming to deliver death and destruction. Its the same with this bloke. He doesnt have anything to do with or want to do with and political wars. He just wants to live his life but all this is something he has to live with.

And remember, documentaries and books are all still someones biased opinions, except the info is all second hand rather than first. Michael Moore's documentaries werent exactly 100% now were they?

And one more thing for you... when I was in Israel, you see the Palestinians all over the place. The have green number plates so people know who they are, and they just wander the country from one area theyve taken to another. As if nothing has happened. And there isnt just a few, most of the cars on the highways are ones with palestinians in them.