Long Bikes

MikeCottTrials

i've been looking at the long 26inch frames and i love them but i originally thought mod because i'm shortish. so is there anyone else who's a bit short, i'm talking 5 an half foot actually more like 5foot6. anyway is there anyone who has a long frame like 1060 upwards who is short? and how well can you handle them? fingers crossed for good news :bow:

arent vincos super long aswell? Sir you give me hope

I cant member the wheel base but with those curved viz forks it made it even more super long wheel base (and bens a short ass :- )

I have a 1085 wheel base im 5'10 - 5'11 depends on how big my ego with to police im 6 foot hahaha that will fool them later on :closedeyes:lol

I am 1.83m, and I ride a 1085WB, I lov it, it's all up to you, but some people means that if you are around 1.60m, ride 1065WB's, if you are 1.75 or higher ride 1080/1085WB's, and if you are taller, ride longer bikes. But my meaning is: "Ride what you like, not what others like!"

my mate is 5' 5'' and he's fine with my 1100 long GU, not as good as me though..

my mate is 5' 5'' and he's fine with my 1100 long GU, not as good as me though..

so important you said it twice!! haha.

im 6ft 4" and i can ride long bikes easily. i feel too crunched up on a mod or short stock frame. i probably look like the hunch back of notre damm aswell. lol

this probably doesnt help much but im bored.

Dave

i've been looking at the long 26inch frames and i love them but i originally thought mod because i'm shortish. so is there anyone else who's a bit short, i'm talking 5 an half foot actually more like 5foot6. anyway is there anyone who has a long frame like 1060 upwards who is short? and how well can you handle them? fingers crossed for good news :bow:

i'm 6 foot and have a 1075 its well nice (Y)

haha, built the control up yesterday. remember im 5.8, i can manual the long control no problems, if you are worried about the wheel base of a bike don't. just don't go to stupid lengths.

it feels just like the leeson but now i can transfer and wedge.

GET THE LONG CONTROL!!!

I am about 5' 7" and i happily ride a Czar Ivan with a 1100 wheel base. I control it well and here are a couple of pictures to show you what i mean by well...

Taking off for gap

Mid air

Small Tap

As you can see (i hope) i am not struggling with the length. However, dont forget that BB rise makes long frames feel shorter because the distance between the bars and the bb is less. For example, my bike feels shorter than my friends XTP even though they are very similar length wheel base.

So to conclude, you should be tall enough to handle a long bike (Y)

For example, my bike feels shorter than my friends XTP even though they are very similar length wheel base.

Because of the Czar has higher BB-rise than XTP. I think that too high bb isn't good, but a bit could be good.. I'm riding a Zoo! Pitbull 05 with +10 bb rise, I haven't anything negatively to say about that!