New Rim For A T-vee

mark145

Im afraid a 19" rim wont fit in the frame because the brake wont be lined up.

It could do :-

But you won't be able to buy the rim, and it magicaly builds itself.

You'll have to send your wheel to them, then buy the rim and spokes, or just buy a whole new wheel.

Plus if the brake doesn't work, a Magura will fit fine ;)(Y)

Ummm... no one?

All I'm saying is IF he could make a disc adapter for the rear then he could run a 19" rim, as he obviously won't be able to run any kind of rim brake with a 19" rim on a frame designed for a 20" one.

It's a shame though as I would like a 19" rear wheel too (N)

Edited by frozenfrogsocks

Ummm... no one?

All I'm saying is IF he could make a disc adapter for the rear then he could run a 19" rim, as he obviously won't be able to run any kind of rim brake with a 19" rim on a frame designed for a 20" one.

It's a shame though as I would like a 19" rear wheel too (N)

The T-Vee's can run 19" wheels with a Magura.

My T-Bird did anyway...

My T-Bird did anyway...

THERE DIFFERENT BIKES THOUGH just because there made my the same brand T Vees are designed to run a 20" and so a 20" they must run. The way you could do it would be to get a front 20" rim and just spoke it up shit --- just an idea though

THERE DIFFERENT BIKES THOUGH just because there made my the same brand T Vees are designed to run a 20" and so a 20" they must run. The way you could do it would be to get a front 20" rim and just spoke it up shit --- just an idea though

Different name, same frame ;)

Quote from Onza.com:

Magura hs33 dual mounts upgradable for 19" wheels

Edited by Dan6061

I had the same problem on my da bomb school...i managed to put a 19" rear on and keep my vee brakes and it worked fine...Ijust got some adaptors from alans bmx...that change the 10mm axle on 19" wheels to 14mm like on 20" so that it fitted into the frame...sorted

zoo x x x

Yes, but it's the same frame!

Just one has T-vee and different paint on it!

NO they are not the same frame the t-vee has 2 bolt mounts but the t-bird 2002 had 4 bolt monts with 2 bolt adapters so it could run a vee. So the t-vee can't rud a 19" wheel because it can't run any adapters for the 4 bolt mounts. ;) (if that makes any sense to you :$ )

Cheers David.

Edited by David20

Thanks so far but i could get maguras ( EVO 2 Mounts) so does that mean i could run a 19"

No you can't.

Don't listen to dan6061 he's not a clue what he's on about.

They are diffrent frames the tee vee having v mounts and a 20" wheel, the t bird having 4 bolt mounts and a 19" rear wheel.

My T-Bird did anyway...

And mate serriously that is the stupidist thing you have ever said on here.

Edited by Swize

bloody hell some people are retarded....heres an easy fix

rity, if you cant get the brake to set up with a 19inch wheel as it is, then go to your horizontal dropouts and cut the slots longer-that means the wheel can sit further back(may require a half link) and so be in a better position-worked for me anyway

im pretty sure the t bird and t vee were the same frame just with different brake mountings, thats what appears to be the case anyway

and dont be scared to cut the frame, its not like you will keep it that long, you will soon realise you will be wanting a better frame asap :)

I would never cut my frame. :ermm:

The wheel is 1" smaller, so your brake may or may not line up. Magura evo mounts do have alot of ajustment on them, so you might get lucky.

But to be perfectly honest, your better off saving your cash and get a new frame at the same time as a new rim / wheel.

If you do do it, you'll definatly want a half link to get it spot on.

As for the relationship for the t-vee and the t-bird, as far as i know they're the same, apart from the brake mounts (vee instead of 4 bolt, and the possition) and the colour.

(Y)

No you can't.

Don't listen to dan6061 he's not a clue what he's on about.

They are diffrent frames the tee vee having v mounts and a 20" wheel, the t bird having 4 bolt mounts and a 19" rear wheel.

And mate serriously that is the stupidist thing you have ever said on here.

ohhh, my bad.

I thought the T-Vee had the 4bolt mounts too :rolleyes:

Sorry guys :$