Unbreakable Tensioner

franssouet

Hi everyone !

I was ridding a mod since 2 days ago, when i bought a stock.

The problem is that i forgot that stocks have tensioner. And i broke it.

I was trying to pass over a 45" wall, but hey, nobody is perfect !

I'm looking for one that won't break, and i remember i saw something like that here :

Someone saying something like "Hey, have a look to my new website", and there it was, a tensioner for singlespeed (i think so). It was really simple, but it seems so strong !

But i can't find it anymore !

If someone could give me its address ... it'd be perfect.

Thx guys

The fresh product`s tensioner I don`t think is the best one as my mate put a crack in his and it bent after 1 soft hit.I`t was only a couple of weeks old.He bent it back but still it`s got a small crack.Try out the one above. :-

Edited by Deonn h

You can make your own using a band saw and a drill + some sheet alu or steel. The design that fixes to both axle and mech hanger (slotted for mech hanger) is simple and reliable.

Buy the roller from www.chainreactioncycles.com. Prices start at £7 for rollers (I bought the Mr Control one because it was cheapest!).

I've done this myself to keep me going until I have something tricker. I could post a photo of the latest simple tensioner I've made (Version 2) once it's finished in a day or two.

Steve

Adam's homemade tensioner looks really good! Also I like your new hanger Ali!

The only tricky parts to source are the roller and the fixing bolt for the rear mech. The rear mech bolt has a M10 finer thread than you can buy normally so they tend to be custom bolts when you buy a tensioner. The axle can be a standard bolt with nuts in the right place.

If you've got an old knackered tensioner then the bolt and roller could be reused, but otherwise you can buy the rollers as I've said, and use an M8 Bolt and Nut. Ugly but does the job!

Steve

Yeah, i have got one, it sucks. Chain keeps on slipping and the chain flaps around everywhere. Not even worth the tenner. (N)

Anybody know if theres a way that you can make the spring harder so it pulls on the chain abit more??

if it's tensioning upwards you could perhaps zip-tie it to the chainstay

You could try the rennen rollenlager if you have a way of getting your hands on one: rennen. They're vary much like the fresh products one, but seem to take a LOT of abuse. Oh and before anyone says it, the rollenlager is not a copy of the fresh products tensioner, if anything it's the other way around ;) (the rollenlager has been around for quite a while) .