Rc Car Thread

Tom Booth

maybe we should have an RC car thread lol.

There yee go oli

Post away me old muckas.......I willl have a picture of mine soon, Just need the camera.

Quick spec, FF02 Tamiya Mini Cooper, 19 turn reedy motor, Novak electra ESC, Sealed races all round, Pimp ass mini shell. bit battered thou.

Tom

Ohh! will need to dig up pictures from my hayday lol!

List of whats on my shelf of RC goodness lol!

HPI Savage 1/8th off road monster truck.

I won this, was well pleased! havent used it much, needs a rebuild to find out whats broken, think ive snapped a shaft (stuck in RWD). Also have a very nice ofna 8port race engine that needs a rebuild as it appears ot have an airleak to go in, will be very nice with this.

HPI NMT 1/10th stadium truck 4wd- .21 conversion, this is a pile of pieces really. The .21 really overpowers it, so very high maintence, but VERY fun.

HPI NMT- i have one runnign as well, nice list of parts, just an os15cvx in this.

HPI NRS4- 1/10th onroad tourer. this is also in need of a rebuild, was going to slap a .21 in there and make a fun carpark drift car.

Schumacher Club 10- electric stadium truck, 2wd. this was good fun, but needs spares which are hard to find as its not made anymore- the brushless electric motor kinda killed the diff!

Tamiya TL01 electric 4wd tourer- Got this off Tic, was standard. Now fully hopped up, about twice as fast, and a good laugh. a bit narrow though, tends to catch mid drift and roll.

Classic Tamiya Sand Rover. very old 2wd, still have orig radio gear and runnign gear (except battery). still runs bt isnt in great condition, so unfortunately isnt worth much.

Kyosho mini z - 1/18th mini tourer, 2wd. Great fun, good for tkaign on holiday, fun to drift around the airport departure lounge lol!

custom RC hovercraft- this was my A level DT project, 3 chan radio gear, independant lift/propulsion/steering. very hard to get the hang of. ned ot fabricate a rear bumper, the rudders are a bit fragile (balsa wood). serioulsy fast though, surprised everyone at school, especially my DT teachers.

Will find some pics!

I got a tamiya TL01 (i think it is) and a big random petrol buggy.

And a Thunder Tiger Raptor .50 heli (this has a 2.6 bhp engine! really really fast...),

a hirobo Shuttle .30 heli,

a JR Voyager electric heli with a massive hacker brushless motor and controller,

a kyosho Nexus .30 heli,

And loads of planes...

Ill try and dig up sme pics...

And a Thunder Tiger Raptor .50 heli (this has a 2.6 bhp engine! really really fast...),

Thats a low figure for .50 heli engine! My ofna 8port .21 is up near 3hp!! hmm, the noise that makes at 30k rpm is MENTAL! :o

found some wiked pictures just uploading to photobucket now. were taken the end of summer, when i rebuilt my NMT with .15. lovely handling, and stabel in the air. alos a pic of my tamiya. Credit to all pics goes to John Fry, FryFilm Productions.

I did have a TL01 but i now have a TC3 team car with a reedy mvp motor(27t), moped v8 competition speedo with the general radio gear. Unfortuanatly i crashed it into a parked 4x4 ripping the front right wheel off breaking the diff casing, shock tower and wishbones which needs money i do not have to fix :(

I also have a Team Losi Mini-T with a 300 motor, mTroniks speedo, alloy/oil filled shocks, bearings and a geared diff, but i need to do some soldering which i have never got around too >_<

Edited by fredrico

is that the 4 wheel or 2 wheel drive one? i was thinking of getting a t-maxx. is it any good?

Yeah its four whel drive. There really good, loads of fun : :D . As standard they go 40mph and have two gears :P. I take mine to local dirt jumps and its taken alot of bashing and its never gave me any problems. Top truck :P

Cheers Chris

[attachmentid=2729]

Not your usual RC car

[attachmentid=2730]

The "brains"

[attachmentid=2731]

The "eyes"

It's basically a line following robot, based on an rc car, it will have 3 of those boards on it when its finished, one each for steering and sensing, motor control and communications (between boards and bluetooth back to a pc). Basically got to program it to follow a line on the floor with it going as quickly as possible, need to include things like traction control, antilock braking, and speed sensative steering, in addition to being able to control certain parameters such as max motor speed etc from a remote pc using a bluetooth comms link. It's a group project and i'm in charge of the line sensing and steering part, should be quite good fun :)

Only just started at the moment so i'm trying to get the steering working by reading a voltage in through the potentiometer by the front right wheel in the first pic, then need to expand the code to include the reading of the sensors and using the speed sent by comms to determine the steering position etc. All being done in a programming language i saw for the first time two weeks ago :S

post-35-1140374300_thumb.jpg

post-35-1140374361_thumb.jpg

post-35-1140374384_thumb.jpg

I have many Schumachers, but heres one of my Schumacher Mi2 EC i get the 'team edition' because im sponsored :P

Sorry its a bit dirty, thats how it came back from the championship i was at, at the weekend, we were racing indoors on carpet which leaves the cars very dusty.

IPB Image

And heres an old pic of a body shell i used to ahve on it. I wont the concours (Best bodyshell) :)

IPB Image

Edited by wally

hers a pic of my old kyosho landmax 4wd seriously fast and rather scary so got sold.

IPB Image

IPB Image

and bought this standard tamiya one and bought quite alot of things for it. use it for drifting, its got hpi drift tyres on fully ball raced alu-propshaft, fully adjustable oil damper suspention, tamiya type rz motor, heavy truck grease on the front dif and light grease on the rear one, beefier battery and a bling body shell that took me about 2 hours to do all the carbon effect stuff on it :P

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

thats about it i think, enjoy.................. :)

Edited by scott-mad

• 2 years later...

Got a T-Maxx 2.5, barrels of fun, quick, f**king indestructable. Can't actually remember why it doesn't work now, think i needed new servos when i didn't have much money, but now i've got some, i might have to get it running again and smashing it about, it's just such a pain when things break.

It's basically a line following robot, based on an rc car, it will have 3 of those boards on it when its finished, one each for steering and sensing, motor control and communications (between boards and bluetooth back to a pc). Basically got to program it to follow a line on the floor with it going as quickly as possible, need to include things like traction control, antilock braking, and speed sensative steering, in addition to being able to control certain parameters such as max motor speed etc from a remote pc using a bluetooth comms link. It's a group project and i'm in charge of the line sensing and steering part, should be quite good fun :)

Only just started at the moment so i'm trying to get the steering working by reading a voltage in through the potentiometer by the front right wheel in the first pic, then need to expand the code to include the reading of the sensors and using the speed sent by comms to determine the steering position etc. All being done in a programming language i saw for the first time two weeks ago :S

Looks good, i'm building a 'micromouse' robot at the moment. You should look into it after your line follower!