Polishing

i like cunning stunts

hey folks,

due to the amazing response to my, "stripping and polishing" post.....a few days ago.

stripping and polishing post

i have decided to strip,polish and wax all alloy parts, for a competative rate.

The Stripping, (removes all paint from the frame or part)

The Polishing (gives the alloy, a crome look)

The waxing (prevents the alloy, from corroding)

for a quote please contact me,(jake) ride4beer@hotmail.co.uk

or paul on pauly_trials@gmail.com

THANKS I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.

jake ansell (Y)

Edited by Jake-Ansell

Hi mate i think its realy good that your doing a service. To help people out you could give a rough price list on here of common parts so people have a rough idea, as most people want there magura's done or there forks done and seeing as most forks are the same shape lengnth and all maguras are the same sizes it makes sense. (Y)

hey well this is going to be a rough pricelist for now

for stripping

£10 per frame

£7 per set of forks

small things like maguras about £3

for polishing

£20 per frame

£13 per set of forks

small things like maguras about £2-4

generally we can polish anything as long as it is aluminum and it dose not matter weather your parts are anodised ect as i said the prices are rough for now but we wil see how it goes just remeber we can polish anything so if your interested fire us a pm or add us to messenger we will be happy to help you out :)

Pauly

Edited by Zoo_Rider

no its £13 - you wouldn't polish it without strippage!

nope by the full monty i think he ment strip and polish not as in the film (where men strip)

so it would be £13 for stripping and then £7 for polish therefore £13+£7=£20

full monty=full thing, all the way ect

Edited by ding_dong

Surely the polish is stripping + polish inclusive because no one would just ask for a polish

Well depends, say someone stripped their own frame then noticed this service and just wanted his polishing because he didn't have the time or whatever.

got slightly lost and replied in your other topic about polishing :$

try polishing anodised parts before you start taking orders :)

i did today i did a bashguard i had to file/sand the anodiseing off but it wasnt that much of a problem we have a few more effective ways to try out on anodised stuff so its all good

it started out like this

IPB Image

and ended up like this

IPB Image

i must admit it was tough because i wanted the black showing in the background but we will be buying in some chemicals soon to get rid of anodiseing

in a reply to the prices yes for forks it would be a total of £20 to strip them and polish them but you need to consider the tiem and effort that will go in to them for example when we did my frame it took a total of 7 hours to strip it and polish as the old saying goes you cant rush perfection .. :) the idea of 2 seperate prices for stripping and polishing is to be as user friendly as possible because stripping things isnt that time consumeing whereas polishing takes a long time to get the scraches and the metal prepared properly before we evn put polish to the stuff

as said before the prices are just rough for the moment we are trying to be as fair as posible considering the amount of time that will be put in to them

Pauly

Edited by Zoo_Rider

I don't mean to put a downer on things. But what happens if you f**k up? You're good at what you do, but everything goes wrong now and then. What happens when someone sends you a frame and it doesn't go to plan?

i do see, where you are coming from with this point....but not much can go wrong, the worst thing that can happen is if the post office, mess up...... ....but, we are going to be posting with recorded delivery with insurance....

just to reasure anybody.

we will be thoughrally inspecting and checking all parts before we begin the process.

thankyou.

jake ansell(JP polishing) (Y)

Edited by Jake-Ansell