Think Im Needing To See Peoples Veiws.

Synergy

That's 'cause the idiot weighed it down with a tonne of stuff, then thought a V6 lump would compensate. Er, reality check, far from it, 18 inch chrome wheels to put 200 bhp down? Think not. The chassis was also not designed for that sort of power, nor is front wheel drive.

But yeh, going a bit wide of the topic here. :lol:

Ah... good times! I don't get why people don't buy a proper car, or if they really like modding, get a Caterham and mod that instead... someting that will actually go...

I wish now that I had just stuck to a cheap, reliable japanese car till i was 23... i would save soooo much money!

My opinion, and its damn valid.

If your quiting for you love of cars, then do it properly.

Stereo, body lit and neons isnt modding, its a waste of time and money, and youll look like a twat.

The car will still be a slow heap, no matter how loud the stereo.

You cant love cars more than me, its no possible, and im managing to do both.

I have my trials bike, ok nothing has been bought for it in over a year, but ti works, and when I can be assed, I ride for the fun of it.

I have my car, 1979 2.0l Ford Capri Ghia, which is currently off the road having a Custom engine instal.

2.0l Zetec, twin Side draughts, you get the picture.

And the mods list doesnt stop there, and none of it is stereo or bodykit.

There is no reason you can do both, you don need the most up to date bike to have fun on it, Look at mine.

MK1 Pitbul, and old parts that still work, just.

You dont have to have 1 over the other.

But please, for the love of God, dont call yourself a serrious modder when your stereo is more powerfull that your engine

Its your first car so it will be shit, regardless

gotta beg to differ there mate B)

IPB Image

IPB Image

any excuse :P tehehe

really though, corsas are PROPER f**kING NASTY, or at least the corsa B is.... my missus drives one, and it makes me feel violently sick every time i drive it.... i really do hate it with a passion!

the saxo VTR is slow and boring.... i really wouldnt bother. if you have to get one of these, either get a corsa GSI 1.6, or a saxo VTS, there the only two which can really be worth having a play with......

first cars dont have to be shit.... but you gotta be prepared to put in some SERIOUS cash

oh, and PS2's, DVD screens, and bucket seats arnt serious mods.... thats dumb kids trying to make theyre slow cars more like a front room than a car....

twice as much power as you were ever ment to have and fully adjustable suspension is being serious about cars.....

You cant love cars more than me, its no possible, and im managing to do both.

i dunno lee.... i kissed my mini goodbye when i last left to go back to uni.... and i really do miss it more than words can POSSIBLY describe.... i sometimes sit here in my room just looking at pics of it!

If you read my post, i didn't say he didn't deserve to walk the earth. I'm not sure if you are old enough to understand a metaphor. Going by that post you aren't anyway.

And er, i'm a web developer? :ermm:

I answered his question, he expanded, and i again responded to what he expanded on. If he expects people to take him serious when he says putting a ps2 in a car is serious modding, he has another thing coming.

Im not sure you understand what a metaphor is and you did say he doesnt deserve to walk the earth , regardless, I also thought you came across as unfairly harsh.

Edited by jake1516

always one faggot xbox 360 would be better but seriously how is 0-60 in 9 seconds fast? its slow compared to most cars, the ford truck would wipe the floor with that 0 - 60 in 5.4 seconds or sommet daft.

May kick the shit out of my lovely civic but i couldnt care cars a car over mod it they look SHIT!

but modding out a corsa or a saxo is hardly worth doing? something new would be much better then i could appreciate you leaving trials but to mod a saxo or a corsa behave mate

get yoru gloves on an go ride!

don't sell up for a car, seriously.

I love cars too, and i love driving, but i never just 'go for a cruise'. Before i got my car i thought i'd just take it for a spin whenever, and although it's a shit car, it is quite fun to drive, but i would much rather go out on my bike than just drive round the block or down the local bypass.

You may think you'll spend all your time on your car, but when you actualyl get it chances are it won't be all that great. Petrol is expensive for one thing, and you'll soon realise you can't just 'go for a cruise' without spening loads of money. (My car is a 1.2 clio and £20 used to fill it up this time last year, now £20 only fills 2/3rds.

Also, before you pass, any car seems amazing, but as soon as you get your fist scrattybanger-mobile, you'll hate it. You'll want to sell it straight away and upgrade, but it's almost impossible until you 20-21. I'm about to renew my insurance for the first time, last year it was 1400, this year its still a massive 840. I was planning on selling up and getting a nicer car, a civic or something, but i just can't afford it yet so i'm gonna grin and bear my crappy clio for another year then look at getting something seriously decent.

I know what it like to love cars too, and i would do anything to own a really nice car, but i can't afford to just yet. I bet a lot of people, maybe you included, mod their crappy corsa's and such to fill the void until they can afford a decent car. You're lucky that you have another interest (trials). So stick wth it and save some money, you'll be glad you did in a couple of years. (Y)

don't sell up for a car, seriously.

I love cars too, and i love driving, but i never just 'go for a cruise'. Before i got my car i thought i'd just take it for a spin whenever, and although it's a shit car, it is quite fun to drive, but i would much rather go out on my bike than just drive round the block or down the local bypass.

You may think you'll spend all your time on your car, but when you actualyl get it chances are it won't be all that great. Petrol is expensive for one thing, and you'll soon realise you can't just 'go for a cruise' without spening loads of money. (My car is a 1.2 clio and £20 used to fill it up this time last year, now £20 only fills 2/3rds.

Also, before you pass, any car seems amazing, but as soon as you get your fist scrattybanger-mobile, you'll hate it. You'll want to sell it straight away and upgrade, but it's almost impossible until you 20-21. I'm about to renew my insurance for the first time, last year it was 1400, this year its still a massive 840. I was planning on selling up and getting a nicer car, a civic or something, but i just can't afford it yet so i'm gonna grin and bear my crappy clio for another year then look at getting something seriously decent.

I know what it like to love cars too, and i would do anything to own a really nice car, but i can't afford to just yet. I bet a lot of people, maybe you included, mod their crappy corsa's and such to fill the void until they can afford a decent car. You're lucky that you have another interest (trials). So stick wth it and save some money, you'll be glad you did in a couple of years. (Y)

he means cruises dude like the macdonalds chavy sit around an stare at each other cars cruising! just to let you know (Y)

the capri is cool but the civic is so nice :P

Edited by LukeBrisaRider

I've got one word to solve allll of your problems.................

Motorbike :P

haha, a PROPER motorbike... like mine maybe ^_^

IPB Image

10 X more chance of dying but thats just part of the fun ;)

On a more serious note,

As many have said, don't buy a car and "cruise" in it instead of riding trials. It'll be one big mistake.

I passed my test on the 7th, so whats that......3 weeks ago ish, i'm used to driving my car now and it's getting a little boring really, well no it's still good fun but the bike is where the real fun is. A trials bike is much better than driving round the town centre in a 1.2 watching your money disappear out of the exhaust.

Stick with trials and use your car as part of transport to rides (Y):)

Well , thus far it's a resounding : "Don't bother yet , stick to trials . " Not surprising , really given that this is a trials forum , but the advice is sound . Save for a few more years , and get a good car to start off with , in the meantime , take a look at the "for sale / wanted " section here , and pick up a decent rig for little money .

Edited by Endohopper

id like to thank most of you for your help some others werent much help (not mentioning names) but i have decided not to give up trials BUT i will be doing up my car, so i think i will be getting my car first then once that is sorted i will buy a 2nd hand frame and forks and carry on riding. (Y)

why not purchase and older car and restore it. that is serious modding in my opinion, restore and then mod it tastefully. much more of a challenge and would be far more rewarding. well i would think so anyway. Corsa's and saxo's both suck and insurance on a saxo wont be cheap. Imsurance companies have realised that all the boy racers have them. I've found a loophole in the system. 1.8 16v vectra group 6 insurance, 520 quid a year :shifty:

Dan

As you want to modify a corsa, i'm going to say quit, as you don't deserve to walk the earth, let alone ride trials. :P

coming from someone who wanted to mod there 306 :ermm:

I have a polo GT as my first car havent even passed yet :-

I dont really ride trials anymore but im building up a bmx for the summer and thats what I will probaly ride all summer, but I also will be going to lots of polo/vw meets and shows but I wouldnt put that in the same league as the maccy D cruise :P

IPB Image

a picture of her :$

Ive has a brilliant idea!

Rather than 'mod' your corsa or saxo, and cruise round town getting laughed at by people with sens, just take a few grand out the bank in five pound notes and see how fast you can burn them, onw note at a time.

It'll probably be more rewarding, less expensive, and a whole lot less rediculous.

coming from someone who wanted to mod there 306 :ermm:

Mod it with a 370bhp Audi A6 engine, cut out a centre tunnel, rear wheel drive it, stiffen up chassis including a roll cage, then standard XSi phase 1 exterior except colour coded and front splitter and rear diffuser.

:rolleyes:

Also, do people not understand the meaning of " :P " in a sentance?. :ermm:

Mod it with a 370bhp Audi A6 engine, cut out a centre tunnel, rear wheel drive it, stiffen up chassis including a roll cage, then standard XSi phase 1 exterior except colour coded and front splitter and rear diffuser.

:rolleyes:

Also, do people not understand the meaning of " :P " in a sentance?. :ermm:

LMAO, simon you do make me laugh mate. Its a 306 , why would you want to make it a diffrent car hahahmod it, there poop.

Would you really do that....Why not buy a faster car :huh:

Im not one to talk, punto, big wheels, body kit, sound system, but its subtle and does look nice AND slow as f**k. oN the other hand i dont go out being a twat in my car sitting in the local carpark, i drive it , for everyday purposes.

Would you really do that....Why not buy a faster car :huh:

To be different, and i quite like the general shape of the 306, and would love to kick the shit out of most of the cars on the road, and watch their faces when a seemingly standard XSi peugeot wipes the floor with them.

Although, i've even decided thats a wank idea and am now saving for a skyline gts. :P

To be different, and i quite like the general shape of the 306, and would love to kick the shit out of most of the cars on the road, and watch their faces when a seemingly standard XSi peugeot wipes the floor with them.

Although, i've even decided thats a wank idea and am now saving for a skyline gts. :P

LMAO - i dont get cars.

Like , we'd all love a fast car, but to actually go and save for one :lol:

Where are you gonna live when youve bought this car? ;)