Base Ta26 Good Or Bad Your Views?

earsy104

Hi iam just wondering what your opinions are on the base ta26 whether you have had one in the past or have heard stuff from your mates anything????????

are they good or are they bad?

this will only be my second bike also so it isnt like iam pro........yet... :D

Great value . Having discarded the supplied bashplate , you're left with a light , flickable bike that feels obedient on the back wheel . Full build pictured in my sig below .

thats one hot base mate very good colour co-ordination.... :D

had a base, bought a curtis, went back to the base :P

frickin awesome bikes, i love mine, its 1 of the best handling frames out i think :) its also the perfect medium for those stuck between short and long :)

IPB Image

before i changed wheels and bar/stem, i shall upload a new pic later :)

Edited by pauloliver

great great frames, i think im right in saying the origional silver base was the same geo as the Ashton, which speaks for itself, not sure on the geo of the newer bases now, doubt they have changed it much, if at all its for the better, i loved mine and would definatly get another one if finances came to it, actually come to think of it i have a 2 week old one stuck in the attic, must consider getting that out (Y)

IMO buy one!

That is the origional Base you have there watto and to be honest they have nothing on the newer base with the bash plates etc. The origional base is more like the Handsomedog but a slightly higher bottom bracket,

They ride nothing like the newer Base bikes

The Ta26 is a lovely frame to ride! For they money, they really are amazing! I've ridden a few of my mates, and they feel really nice!

I have however heard that you need to run a proper seat post in them, as they are prone to cracking at the seat-tube/seat-stay junction when used without a seat post.

Just something to bear in mind :)

Al

I love mine, i think it's great i shall be sad to see it go when i replace it sometime very soon, i need a much longer bike so i can sit more comfortably on it. (i'm very tall) Aboslutely love it though, never regret buying it and has lasted well too.

Certainly a great buy . As Big Al suggested though , they must be run with a conventional saddle / seatpost combo as opposed to a push in miniseat . My old one ...

IPB Image

...perished , but was replaced by the manufacturer , for which I was very grateful .Go get one .