2006 Magura Lousie Or 2005 Hope Mini?

aff1e

from my exp. with both brakes

Maggie lousie - sheer power

Mini - moddulation and good lock

so depends on your riding style, i like my brake to just LOCK with little moddulation so id have the louise but then id have to contemplate the avid for price but i just like hydraulic!

and the mini for modulation maybe if your going to front wheel or like it to be able to roll out

hope due to the build quality and material, maguras seem to use cheap cast alu, whereas hope use alu billet which gives a better finish annd overall good looks aswell as good function, the mono trial on the front of my stcok is sweet, nice locking power yet still offers a little modulation.

ash

dont bother with a hope trials, i dont like them, most of them are too spongy and need too much maintenence, you know that ash(trialnoir) as you mess with it a lot. normal minis(with my mates anyway) perform better than the trials for some reason.

most of the people who i ride with and including my self have taken a very good and id say reliable and cheaper option with the Avid BB7 cable disk, they kick ass for less than half of the price of what you are looking at (Y) . just have a look and have turns on other peoples bikes if they have disks.