Made A Bloody Mess Of My Leg

Joe_Da_Man

Hi there :$

I've just come in with my leg seeping with blood, From an accident with my pedal. It was a foot sliped off, crank spin around and wack! on my shin job.

Hurt quite alot :ermm:

But it's all scabbed over now :P getting better (Y)

This is a common mistake in trials ain't it??

Cheers joe :turned:

I have exactly the same problem, my legs look so mangled from all the time my pedal slips its unreal, and i do like the odd crankflip! Try fixing this by getting some 661 shinwrap shinguard. You cant notice you got them on, and there damn awesome!

From Lee

Or get some decent shoes, like the trials specific shoes or if you want multi purpose shoes that yuo can wear out and about get some flat soled shoes like skate shoes, trainers have treads designed to grip the floor whilst running, which makes them quite useless for gripping pedals.

If you have to be chavified i think adidas made some skate shoes so you could have your rudeboy shoes but they'd be good for biking in as well.

Yes that is a common mistake and sorry to tell you this isn't an injury forum :P:D

bit harsh seening as its one of his first posts..... (and yours)

but yea theres 2 ways of trying to solve it

harsher spikes on your pedals - which mean it hurts a fook load more when the pedals do spin round and clock you again

different shoes - flat soled strong shoes even pixie boots if your a poof

ive never bothered doing either but then again my legs are quite scar'ed :ermm: but why leg hair covers most of it :Plol so i dont mind too much - i have some shins but i use them genrally to just protect my knees when there playing up - (the fat fox shin guards)

definitely shinpads. I love my shinpads, my shins love my shinpads also.

On the shoe front - go for bmx shoes rather than skate shoes as the soles tend to be bendier and grippier - also they aren't 8 inches across at the ankle so they catch on your maggie / seatstays less.

I tried really big pins on pedals for a while but I ended up going through a pair of shoes every 3 months - even with tk-max and its collection of last years bmx shoes for £30 a pair down the road it got quite expensive.

The only problem i have when riding with shin pads on, Is my legs become really sweaty :-:P

It's not all the time my feet slip off the pedals, It's just when they do it's always bad Haha.. I wear Bmx shoes at the moment but i think i'm going to invest in some trials shoes like Rebo's

Cheers joe

I've got some used 661 Shin Pads. The ones everyone in trials wears for Sale.

I've quit riding now so Don't need them. They've got a few marks from pedals on the front but they're mint. Saved my shins soo many times!

£30 for a pair new.

I'll sell them for £15 postage if anyone's interested?

definitely shinpads. I love my shinpads, my shins love my shinpads also.

On the shoe front - go for bmx shoes rather than skate shoes as the soles tend to be bendier and grippier - also they aren't 8 inches across at the ankle so they catch on your maggie / seatstays less.

So damn true! thats what happens with my skate shoes, and shinpads are needed , although i dont have any :-

I've got some used 661 Shin Pads. The ones everyone in trials wears for Sale.

I've quit riding now so Don't need them. They've got a few marks from pedals on the front but they're mint. Saved my shins soo many times!

£30 for a pair new.

I'll sell them for £15 postage if anyone's interested?

Dont sell on the new members chat , you dont want to get this topic closed when someone else started it, that wouldnt be very fair (N)

Hi there :$

I've just come in with my leg seeping with blood, From an accident with my pedal. It was a foot sliped off, crank spin around and wack! on my shin job.

Hurt quite alot :ermm:

But it's all scabbed over now :P getting better (Y)

This is a common mistake in trials ain't it??

Cheers joe :turned:

>_< get used to it, get out there and learn how to crankflip with dmr v12 pedals with brand new pins and no shin guards like i did