Water And Anti-freeze Or Magura Fluid?

ridelife

You don't need anti-freeze now. It hasn't been below 7 degrees for ages.

Just use water. (Y)

If your going to bleed your brakes with water, might aswell put a little anifreeze in there. Winter just arounf the corner really.

I have always used oil, but then again i've never bled my brake once. It's the same oil that's was in it when i got it back from magura.

If your going to bleed your brakes with water, might aswell put a little anifreeze in there. Winter just arounf the corner really.

I have always used oil, but then again i've never bled my brake once. It's the same oil that's was in it when i got it back from magura.

If you can be bothered :-

If you can be bothered :-

Well there's not much effort different, using water, using water and anti-freeze. :huh:

whats the best year magura????

02?

03?

04?

05?

which the best for beginners???

cheers dan! :S

There's only 2 different typres really, the 05 and the 04. If you've never used either befor just go with whatever you can get the best deal on. If your buying new just go for the 05's.

Well there's not much effort different, using water, using water and anti-freeze. :huh:

There's only 2 different typres really, the 05 and the 04. If you've never used either befor just go with whatever you can get the best deal on. If your buying new just go for the 05's.

Nah, there are older ones, but they look like the 04's but more bulky.

This debate has raged since the begining of time (well almost), and the best thing I can say is give water a try. If YOU think it feels better or works better, stick with it. If YOU think it's crap then just go back to maggy fluid.

I've used the following fluid in my brakes at some time or another:

Water

Water + Anti-freeze

WD40

Magura Blood

Magura Royal Blood

In my experience the standard Magura Blood was a little too viscous for my liking so I won't ever be using that. Water + Anti-freeze felt to me the same as water, so if you go that route I'd put some anti-freeze in just for the sake of it (especially if you don't intend bleeding for a while). WD40 felt the same as water, but is more expensive.

I'm currently running Royal Blood in my Magura as that's how it was delivered to me. My brake needs a bleed however so I shall probably revert back to water as it's the cheapest option. In terms of feel, I think the Royal Blood didn't feel quite as nice to me as the water, but it wasn't far off and I'd say this is a good option for those who don't want to void their warranties.

As for your question about the levers, I've run the '02's and am now using a set of '04's. The only difference between them is the lever blade, it's far more comfortable on the '04 than the old '02 one. Off hand I don't know what style blade the '03 uses. As for the '05's, I've not had any experience with them yet so can't comment, but there are quite a few people on the forum running them now so I'm sure someone can give you a better idea.

No HS33s have always looked like HS33s, your thinking of hs22s or 11's

Actually, quite a number of years ago, the HS33 body was quite a bit bulkier than it has been on the more recent models.

Nah, there are older ones, but they look like the 04's but more bulky.

That's why i said really.

It'd be a task finding some retro hs33's, and why would you anyway. :P