Your Worst Mechanical Monkey Mistake

CBProductions

Pulled my wheel back using my chain tugs and also adjusting my brake clamps then going off on a ride (running a bit late so I was in a rush) got half way down my road to find my brakes squeaking and squealing like hell, then I look to see I had forgotten to tighten up the axle bolts. :$

Also done quite a few things already mentioned lol

How the hell would you get them off?

Better question, how would you get them on?

My worst mistake.. hmm, probably either screwing crank extractor threads or rounding wheel bolts. I had to chisel my wheel out of my frame :ermm:

If they made torx keys properly, and made them go in a decent distance they would be pretty much unroundable. But as they are retards and make them aproximately 1mm deep, theyre crap.

I done my back wheel hand tight in a rush before

I guess my worst one was where i set my magura pads perfect next to my rim, and i had a 2 bolt booster, i done up the booster bolts but not the other 2 and my pads kept moving and i didn't realise why and i was getting really angry then i realised the other 2 where undone, i was like oh ok.

lol.

Built up a wheel and then realized that the spokes were in the wrong holes (offset holes on the rim, not inline).

I did that yesterday. It took about half a hour just now to get it right.

Im pretty pleased though since it was a oval rim with old spokes :P

Every time I do up the bolts on my hope rotor i cut my nucles open.

Edited by Jaffacakes

Building a front mod wheel up and getting all the way through till you do the cross over lacing bit.. and realised the spokes were too short by like 5mm.. debuilt it.. rebuilt it did that same again 3 more times.. then tarty told me the spokes were for 2 cross and not 3 cross... f**k lol

i put a middleburn chainring on backwards bvecause that way the kmc chain didnt rub. unfortunatley it means because there was less thread in the bash all of them stripped and now i'm goan have to drill and use bolts :(

that'l look yummy

i really don't understand how all you guys round bolts and strip threads so much, i've not once done either and i've been maintaining my own bikes for about 7 or 8 years!! (and before you get smart, i've never had anything come loose on me :P)

not done too much bad on the bike. Did spend about 3 hours trying to fit a brake booster, only to have the local bike shop fit the maggies first, then the BB on top. took them about 20 seconds. forgot to do up my front wheel on my DH bike. Found out on the first jump i came to.ouch

i did ride for half an hour to local spot only to do ONE backhop up a metal box, get a puncture and walk home...

And for those with engines: My dad and i drained the gearbox then filled the sump. Drove around with no oil in the gearbox for 3 weeks and twice as much as should be in the sump. And i mis read the instructions on how tight the wheel bearings should be and they overheated and seased.

as i said not too much.... :unsure: