Helmets

Camster911

Helmets... Stop you smashing your skull open when you mess up that gap.

I cant be bothered to buy one, but i have a motocross one for quad biking.

How many other riders wear these?

I have one, but i think it is best not to wear that sort of helmet as your view maybe minimized, and you may look a bit stupid, but if it is the only protection you have then wear it! (Y)

you will look a tw*t so dont do it and it will weigh a tonne and do more damage than save you.

if you have nothing else just wear it until you have a proper one (Y)(Y)

And you don't half contradict yourself there...

Wear it and save up to get a proper mtb one, not worth the risk of not wearing a helmet.

Forget looks , the problem is the reduced field of vision and the lack of cooling , especially with Summer coming . They're also uneccesarily heavy , thus possibly causing neck injuries during landings . Might be an option for mounting a helmetcam , though .

Edited by Endohopper

Well, Thanks guys, i kinda knew id look like a tosser but id rather be protected and wondered if its a good form of protection lol.

im getting a skate helmet that goes a little further don the back of my head incase of backward falls(Y)

Just get a mtb helmet.Personally i think people also look a twat when there wearing skate helmets on a trials bike , but thats me lol.Some people will think differently. (Y)

Just get a mtb helmet.Personally i think people also look a twat when there wearing skate helmets on a trials bike , but thats me lol.Some people will think differently. (Y)

only some people can pull off wearing a 'piss pot' but only a few :lol:

Well, Thanks guys, i kinda knew id look like a tosser but id rather be protected and wondered if its a good form of protection lol.

im getting a skate helmet that goes a little further don the back of my head incase of backward falls(Y)

no mate you already look like a tosser by stealing the html coding from trialmedias website so wear the lid

You wont be able to wear a motocross helmet for bike trials.Trust me.Youll be all sweaty and irritated.They weigh a ton.They have eyesight restrictions.And yes you will look a t*sser lol.Just save up and get a mtb one.You can pick up a pretty decent giro one for £30.I have a giro indicator for now and its spot on.£30 well spent although im going to get a better one eventually,more than likely to be another giro.

i'd sugest to wear the helmet when you are doing someting for the first time like take it with you in a bag or something and put it on when you are doing a really big drop or if you are doing something you havent done before. at the moment i wear a helmet most of the time as ive only just started to ride but at least its better than have my head split open (Y):D

I would not where thet helmet. You will get a very bad neck when landing. You will look the biggest gimp ever. You wont see alot, Wont hear as well. Also people wont be able to hear what your saying as well. You will get super itchy and hot. Also its very heavy. Save and get the 40 pound giro. Im not sure whats its called but one of the best for cheap.

Thats shite, have you seen Phil Feeney. He dont look like a twat, and he certainly doesnt ride like one..watch edit6 for a example..

From Lee :-

I think you fit in better with a piss pot if your a street rider, and vice versa for natural and mtb style helmets.

But I defiantly wouldn't keep the full face helmet. Maybe stick to small stuff until you get a new one.

While we're on the subject...

What are Giro Havoc helmets like?

I can get one at work with my 15% discount.. B)

And I really like the look of it.

Does anyone have one?

What's it like? especially now it's getting hotter...

it dosent matter how u look .. helmets are for safety if u choose not to wear one becaouse of this your gay (Y)

TIT TIT TIT TIT - its personal prefrence i dont wear a lid unless i feel like i want to dont have a go - i just dont want to carry it about all day

the full face helmet will give you tunnel vision for starters so seeing the lip of the launch and land will be next to impossible so not a good idea. if you want to wear a lid get one as pictured ^^^^ there light fairly cheep and do the job - they all have to pass rigirous testing so a cheep one will still be more than suffisient.

i should wear a lid more often though just effort

errm...i think there is a bit of a problem with the fact of safty down at my local skate park? out of like 300-skaters and 200 - bmxers an7 trial riders like 3 people out of the lot wear helmets! and i think its all do with looks, people find they look silly and stupid. i think if more people started wearing them other people would wear them! so the next time i ride im taking a helmet!

www.newrampgroup.tk for all info on our brand new £450,000 skate park! take a look its worth it! (Y)

errm...i think there is a bit of a problem with the fact of safty down at my local skate park? out of like 300-skaters and 200 - bmxers an7 trial riders like 3 people out of the lot wear helmets! and i think its all do with looks, people find they look silly and stupid. i think if more people started wearing them other people would wear them! so the next time i ride im taking a helmet!

www.newrampgroup.tk for all info on our brand new £450,000 skate park! take a look its worth it! (Y)

Muahaha we have a £500,000 one ...I always say i'm going to wear a helmet but i don't,even with my giro on my head just gets way too hot,rather whack my head than not be able to concentrate properly.

zoo baby !