Magura Hs 11 V Hs 33's - Worth Upgrading ?

HS11's r wel beta thn hs33'z

they dont haf a tpa so r esier to uze

And the point of making that stupid remark was ......, He made a perfectly feasable question and put it to the forum, but no you have to make a stupid remark, if you havn't got a decent answer dont answer at all . (N)

Bikerben, that is exactly what I am asking.

A Magura 11 or 33 has 3 pistons, one in the lever part (the master cylinder) and two, one either side obviously, at the rim (the slave cylinders).

After your previous post I was just asking you to clarify whether you thought the actual rim brake part was the same for both 11 and 33's and just the master cylinder/lever part was different ???

The slave cylenders/pistons what ever you want to call them are identical in both cases, the difference is in the lever namely the TPA system(Turbo pad adjuster) also the levers are better as they are all metal unlike some model of hs 11 which have plastic casings.

HS11's r wel beta thn hs33'z

they dont haf a tpa so r esier to uze

They do have a tpa sort of, but you need an allen key to ajust them.

The hs 11 leavers are a bit poo, but they still do the job. Maby just get one hs33 leaver for the rear brake and leave the front one as it is?

Hello i don't think so far as braking power goes, they are that dissimilar but they lever on the 04/05 is higher quality and you don't need to use an allen key, although the new hs33's don't seem to have as much bite as the old ones when you pull the lever it is more cushioned which i don't prefer so as long as you know what you are doing then buying some levers and fitting them shouldn't be too hard. The actual brake part of them is identical (as far as i know)

Hope that helped, Andy

They do have a tpa sort of, but you need an allen key to ajust them.

The hs 11 leavers are a bit poo, but they still do the job. Maby just get one hs33 leaver for the rear brake and leave the front one as it is?

The word your missing is "TURBO"..... it's not very "TURBO" to put you hand in your pocket and get an allen key out, now is it??????

HS11 are budget brakes and if you want more power go for the HS33, (larger master piston and ally body/lever blade) and if you can get them get the 04's, as i've seen nothing but problems with the new 05's (N)

No point just buying just levers unless your only buying one!! as a pair of levers costs as much as a complete set of brakes :blink:

Well its kind of been said if you jumble together seperate posts. The hs33 has a larger master cylinder (the piston in the lever) so it can transmit more fluid through the brake and effectively giving as far as i remember magura saying 33% more power than a hs11. The lever blade is also made of aluminium and has better adjustment via the tpa so will be better than ahs11 lever in pretty much every way.

The slave cylinder's (near the brake pads) are identical so can be used with a hs33 lever to create a complete hs33 brake.

It should be cheaper for you to upgrade just the lever than you upgrading the entire brake anyway.

And the point of making that stupid remark was ......, He made a perfectly feasable question and put it to the forum, but no you have to make a stupid remark, if you havn't got a decent answer dont answer at all . (N)

Drop it, He's already explained that his cousin was on his account, Just take a look through the rest of his posts.

Edit : In answer to your question, Pretty much all of the internals are the same, So I wouldn't really call it 'upgrading' , It's also unlikely you will notice any difference in power :)

Edited by deanie-b