How Many Spokes On For Street/trials?

maxxtro

36 would be better as there would be more strength in the wheel as the spokes would be closer together but it would add a couple more grams of weight also depends how your wheel is built

radial

1x

2x

3x

the more times it is crossed the more weight goes on because you need slightly longer spokes but a perfect wheel build would be 36 hole with a 3x, i got my hope xc on a mavic ex721cd and it never buckled even now someone rides street on it its still hasent buckled (Y)

couple of good wheel builders are:

stiff (done my hope xc on ex721)

bigman (done my front xc on ex721 and bulb on ronnie)

tartybikes (got a degree in wheel building)

hope this helps

cheers ric

36 would be better as there would be more strength in the wheel as the spokes would be closer together but it would add a couple more grams of weight also depends how your wheel is built

radial

1x

2x

3x

the more times it is crossed the more weight goes on because you need slightly longer spokes but a perfect wheel build would be 36 hole with a 3x, i got my hope xc on a mavic ex721cd and it never buckled even now someone rides street on it its still hasent buckled (Y)

couple of good wheel builders are:

stiff (done my hope xc on ex721)

bigman (done my front xc on ex721 and bulb on ronnie)

tartybikes (got a degree in wheel building)

hope this helps

cheers ric

thanks on this explanation, i've decided to build wheel with 36 spokes. this was somekind of a bet with my friend, what will people say to be better to have 32 or 36 spokes....he said that it is better to have 32.

these wheel builders that you recommend, no doubt they must be good, but i probably will never see them in my life since i live in Croatia and the differences between riding habbits, styles and offer of bikes and parts are like heaven and hell...

32 is a pretty toite number.

cheers

zoof

p.s. i meant to say toite. (because of the prununciation)

thankyou :zorro:

toite? that word does not exist in English/Croatian dictionary. :)

is it mean that 32 is better than 36? i should put a poll, 32 or 36 spokes :D

People realised 3x was plenty :P

To be honest, I'd go 36H rear and 32H front every time. The drop from 32H from 36H means you lose more strength than you drop weight, comparitively. This is OK up front, but for the rear it's not really worth it, IMO. Might be why so many Echo rims (only done in 32H?) shit the bed? :P

Might be why so many Echo rims (only done in 32H?) shit the bed? :P

hehe *Cue Will Arnolds rim :P

I've found no problems with 36h wheel builds for the rear (just the damn sidewalls! grrr) so i can recommend that

Thats a mod though :-