Bike Pics Thread.

Mark W

Below is my Onza Limey 3.20, which has had various modifications. The 4 bolt mounts have been cut off the frame and all the rim brake reinforcement between the chain stays and seat stays has also been removed. The stainless steel rings around the headtube have been removed and the headtube has been faced down by approximately 1cm overall. My front wheel is going to be rebuilt to match the rear (with purple nipples and black spokes) but I am waiting for Onza to bring in their front diamond rims.

DSCF4545.jpg

DSCF4602.jpg

DSCF3334.jpg

In the photo below is my Leeson Clear 660 which I recently bought on ebay, but it turned out that the bottom headset cup was broken where the flange meets the cup and as a result the headtube is badly flared where the previous owner didn't bother to change the headset. :( A new headset cup can be pushed in and pulled out by hand and will rotate in the frame. Hopefully it can be solved with a deep cup headset.

DSCF4678.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys this is a bike ive recently bought as a starter to get back into the sport, so far ive added a new Magura rear rim brake and had some echo urban rims and dmr revolver hubs built up, i have a new front hope trials disc to fit as soon as i get new forks then ill change the crankset for a smaller one. so this is where im at

59582_471690380294_517720294_7094443_8017802_n.jpg

59582_471690375294_517720294_7094442_7712978_n.jpg

Below is my Onza Limey 3.20, which has had various modifications. The 4 bolt mounts have been cut off the frame and all the rim brake reinforcement between the chain stays and seat stays has also been removed. The stainless steel rings around the headtube have been removed and the headtube has been faced down by approximately 1cm overall. My front wheel is going to be rebuilt to match the rear (with purple nipples and black spokes) but I am waiting for Onza to bring in their front diamond rims.

DSCF4545.jpg

DSCF4602.jpg

DSCF3334.jpg

In the photo below is my Leeson Clear 660 which I recently bought on ebay, but it turned out that the bottom headset cup was broken where the flange meets the cup and as a result the headtube is badly flared where the previous owner didn't bother to change the headset. :( A new headset cup can be pushed in and pulled out by hand and will rotate in the frame. Hopefully it can be solved with a deep cup headset.

DSCF4678.jpg

It may be worth trying one of these on the Leeson

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30498

I've put one on my new bike and it seems good, its not very light but but the radiation symbols and "warhead" writing keeps me amused! Simple things for simple minds :lol:

It may be worth trying one of these on the Leeson

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=30498

I've put one on my new bike and it seems good, its not very light but but the radiation symbols and "warhead" writing keeps me amused! Simple things for simple minds :lol:

I already went for a nukeproof warhead ST. The trials rider in me said go for the aluminium one because it's lighter, but the engineer in me said stainless steel! Thanks anyway! :)

Have to rebuild the bike now to see if it does the job.

• 2 weeks later...